Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Affiliated and propped up for sure, but I don’t think they’re “ran” by Ford. Think about it, if they were ran by Ford, they wouldn’t need to travel to Colorado for the scoop on the Bronco, they could just stay in Michigan and get one on one time with the Bronco as much as they want. And Ford would be spoon feeding them all the juicy details to keep those paid memberships coming in. Regardless, classless and petty move to try and block a recording.

Of course Ford had to have them out there. They had to be there peddling BN membership plans and swag for sale. But they also had to be on location to shoot material for pumping up their social media content.

The whole point and facade they’re trying to paint with BN is that of an authentic organic indepdendent community. So Ford has them pop up everywhere the Bronco shows up. So they can appear like your average unaffiliated hardcore enthusiasts who just so happen to know exactly where the Bronco prototypes will pop up in the country. /sarcasm

I don’t fault Ford for wanting to run its own controlled forum and enthusiasts community, but to be disingenuous about it to Bronco enthusiasts and future owners (and now this behavior at the event), is really cringe worthy.
Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After discussing with Doug, I've decided to share what I experienced and observed at the Bronco Super Celebration - West Event.

The goal here is to bring awareness to some friction in case any of you choose to attend public events relating to the new Bronco and are looking to share new information that you gather with the Bronco6G community.

Bronco Nation is a for-profit "independent" marketing firm that utilizes an image of being a group of enthusiasts to try and grow their business. You can check out their site for more information. I'm not commenting on whether or not aspects of what they are offering are beneficial. You can decide that for yourself.

They depend on being the first to release information and exclusive content in order to draw in more paid memberships. When other sites such as Bronco6G "leak" information, it impacts them.

On the first day of the public event, as many of you know, I captured a lot of pictures and asked some detailed questions. Doug and I uploaded this new information in near real time to the forum, for all of you to get new looks at the Bronco.

On the 2nd day, I made an effort to visit the Bronco Nation team to learn more about them (I had not researched them much before this). They already knew who I was and provided very cryptic answers to my genuine interest. It was a pretty awkward exchange... I got weird looks from many of them throughout the rest of the event as I continued to ask the Ford team more questions and take more photos.

On the final day, for the scheduled Q&A, I set up to record the session for accuracy. It turned out no new information was provided, but regardless, Bronco Nation sent an employee to stand directly in front of me. I know this, because as I adjusted and moved, the employee took note and continued trying to obscure my camera... I found this to be very petty and unprofessional.

My takeaway for all of you: If you are attending any events in the future, just be aware that Bronco Nation clearly sees Bronco6G as a threat to their business model and they don't necessarily act professionally or respectfully towards you, if they know you are posting unique content to Bronco6G.

Again, I'm not commenting on the service they provide to their members, just bringing to light my experience with them at this particular event, so that you can take necessary precautions to ensure you don't have a similar one.

This may have been mentioned and I mentioned it in another thread, but I did notice your pictures were posted in a thread in BN the day you posted them here.

I liked one of the comments, "Damn! scooped by 6g again!!"

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just when I was getting convinced that Ford is really trying to do the right thing, this BS pops up. Now I feel like we're all being strung along for maximum profit.
Don't forget that Ford is a large organization, and while there is clearly a big link between BN and Ford, they are not one and the same. Even without that, the side of the organization designing and building vehicles is likely very different from the marketing side. I have every confidence that a lot of the hard working people at Ford who are as excited about the Bronco as we are would be appalled at this kind of thing.
In other words, don't let marketing and bean counters get you down.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll consider paying that site a visit as soon as they can get their fleet of drones in the sky taking video of a bunch of Bronco hulls out back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'd think BN would have better solid "leaks" given they are an arm of Ford. Like, it's beyond obvious we want certain info like better pictures of the actual colors on the bodies. Go take a few pics since they actually have the access & "leak" them onto BN.

In the mean time, while they are not doing stuff like that... We've got drones lol

Only thing BN has done that seems to be worth a damn is post a cool video every 1-2 weeks.

This whole thing is silly. If they can't step up, then at least act professional.

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After discussing with Doug, I've decided to share what I experienced and observed at the Bronco Super Celebration - West Event.

The goal here is to bring awareness to some friction in case any of you choose to attend public events relating to the new Bronco and are looking to share new information that you gather with the Bronco6G community.

Bronco Nation is a for-profit "independent" marketing firm that utilizes an image of being a group of enthusiasts to try and grow their business. You can check out their site for more information. I'm not commenting on whether or not aspects of what they are offering are beneficial. You can decide that for yourself.

They depend on being the first to release information and exclusive content in order to draw in more paid memberships. When other sites such as Bronco6G "leak" information, it impacts them.

On the first day of the public event, as many of you know, I captured a lot of pictures and asked some detailed questions. Doug and I uploaded this new information in near real time to the forum, for all of you to get new looks at the Bronco.

On the 2nd day, I made an effort to visit the Bronco Nation team to learn more about them (I had not researched them much before this). They already knew who I was and provided very cryptic answers to my genuine interest. It was a pretty awkward exchange... I got weird looks from many of them throughout the rest of the event as I continued to ask the Ford team more questions and take more photos.

On the final day, for the scheduled Q&A, I set up to record the session for accuracy. It turned out no new information was provided, but regardless, Bronco Nation sent an employee to stand directly in front of me. I know this, because as I adjusted and moved, the employee took note and continued trying to obscure my camera... I found this to be very petty and unprofessional.

My takeaway for all of you: If you are attending any events in the future, just be aware that Bronco Nation clearly sees Bronco6G as a threat to their business model and they don't necessarily act professionally or respectfully towards you, if they know you are posting unique content to Bronco6G.

Again, I'm not commenting on the service they provide to their members, just bringing to light my experience with them at this particular event, so that you can take necessary precautions to ensure you don't have a similar one.
These situations suck. I am currently the President of Audi Club North America - Western Canada. While we are the only sanctioned Audi Club in North America with over 10,000 paid members in multiple states and provinces, we know the value of other social media groups and never frown upon them. We are ALL here for the passion of the culture, the vehicles and the great outdoors. Sucks when I hear this:(

Like others, I was contemplating joining Bronco Nation, even if that meant fewer benefits as I'm in Canada, but makes it harder for me to want to drop some money down.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've got that certified by Ford thing so they assume they get all Bronco info first. Of course when people with real passion out do them they feel pissed. Good for you!
Well, they get the info ford wants them to first. We get that and the information ford doesn’t want to release yet ?

B. Ron CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As someone not living in the US but who is excited to get a Bronco when I get back, I’m super happy Bronco6G exists and is open to all, for news and discussion. Because this is what I see when I go to Bronco Nation...

Ford Bronco Addressing Bronco Nation Friction 38011AFC-0C58-4384-8E2D-F26309A04237

Love that the cookie disclaimer still pops over. Won’t give me any content but happy to leave a cookie in my browser. ?

Deleted member 12854

I am shocked and appalled a company would try to make money AND protect its methods for earning.
Sounds like OP should watch the movie Nightcrawler, then sell his sweet bronco vids and questionnaires to bronconation.

Sponsored

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is exactly my thought. I almost never post, but do a lot of reading. I joined this site because it is not affiliated with ford. This site offers much more insight into the reality of a product instead of only what ford wants you to know. Im sure it can be frustrated, but keep up the good work guys. You have enough good members that will continue to help provide info when you get blocked.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone not living in the US but who is excited to get a Bronco when I get back, I’m super happy Bronco6G exists and is open to all, for news and discussion. Because this is what I see when I go to Bronco Nation...

Ford Bronco Addressing Bronco Nation Friction tenor

Love that the cookie disclaimer still pops over. Won’t give me any content but happy to leave a cookie in my browser. ?
i get this when I use WiFi, but not using cell service. I am in Japan though so that may make a difference
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.