First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not thrilled cant up tire size when ordering. Getting Big Bend and wanted the tires shown on this black one. The 33's
Sponsored

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That trailer sway control might not Actually be part of the package. The Ford website says that itā€™s standard on all of the models including Base which canā€™t even be equipped with factory tow package. I think this is another one that only the B&P will solve. ?ā€ā™‚
Unfortunately I know nothing about towing. Can the Base 2dr be set up with the equipment to be able to tow? I'd love to get a lightweight travel trailer.

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Unfortunately I know nothing about towing. Can the Base 2dr be set up with the equipment to be able to tow? I'd love to get a lightweight travel trailer.
Yes. I asked this question during Fords Twitter Q&A a while back. They said the base can be outfitted with an aftermarket hitch and wiring accessory.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Common assumption is that yes, one could do that. (Just canā€™t order it from the factory.)

I also remember hearing that fleet sales base Broncos *could* be optioned with the tow package... which if true, adds credence to the idea that there isnā€™t anything inherently different with the base that would prevent you from doing it yourself.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is this any safer than glass that can actually break and shower the occupants with shards? Lol
Only expensive German cars have laminated glass on side windows.
Thereā€™s a frame too.

Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But of course the people at the meet representing Ford never bothered to read the Ford Badlands web page on seating options.

Optional
  • 10-way Power Driver seat (4-Door Only)
  • 8-way Power Passenger (4-Door Only)
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/

And no, carpet is not optional.
They also said rubberized flooring is not available on the FE, and, well the FE does have power seats. Itā€™s like theyā€™re saying that power seats require the rubberized flooring to be removed, and replaced with carpet. Odd.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€¢ POWER SEATS will not be available on washout trim such as BL and BD because the power doors are not wash out. Meaning you may have to get carpet for them to put in the power seats.

I need some help with this. I'm fine with not having power seats in the BL, as I was already thinking electronics in the seat may not be the smartest idea around water.

At the same time, I need someone to translate this for me in a way that makes sense.
What does "power doors" refer to? Is it talking about the actual vehicle doors or something else? What do the doors have to do with the seat controls?

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wife and I went to the event and wants to know what does a $69 membership get you for BN that this forum doesnā€™t already provide?
You get a membership # and about $6.00 worth of swag.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My tow package in my 2011, F-150 came with a transmission cooler, too. I'm expecting that given the 600 dollar cost.

No?
Depends on what the engineers decide is the limit on cooling capacity vs. weight.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

14. What is the max roof load?
110 dynamic, 450 static.

Iā€™d be reluctant to use a rooftop tent with these numbers. ā›ŗ Weight of tent plus two adults would be cutting it too close IMO.
I would like some clarity on this one. Is that on the roof rack or on the roof itself? I believe that stock roof rack can be diy with supports to spread out the weight, if the roof itself can take the load.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ā€¢ POWER SEATS will not be available on washout trim such as BL and BD because the power doors are not wash out. Meaning you may have to get carpet for them to put in the power seats.

I need some help with this. I'm fine with not having power seats in the BL, as I was already thinking electronics in the seat may not be the smartest idea around water.

At the same time, I need someone to translate this for me in a way that makes sense.
What does "power doors" refer to? Is it talking about the actual vehicle doors or something else? What do the doors have to do with the seat controls?
You ask a non-technical marketing person a technical question, like the difference between seats and doors, and they are stumped. At this point I only believe what is on Fords website:
But of course the people at the meet representing Ford never bothered to read the Ford Badlands web page on seating options.

Optional
  • 10-way Power Driver seat (4-Door Only)
  • 8-way Power Passenger (4-Door Only)
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/

And no, carpet is not optional.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably the memory buttons for seat positions are in the doors like most vehicles these days and even the controls for adjusting the seats are mounted in the doors of a lot of vehicles now.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You get a membership # and about $6.00 worth of swag.
Wifeā€™s next comment was, ā€œFord isnt getting enough $ out of us for a $60k bronco + accessories and the 230k reservations that they have to find other ways through their ā€œindependentā€ I mean ā€œshell company/affiliated forumā€ to dig deeper?ā€
Sponsored