Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He needs to go to an off rodeo or something it was hardcore gas every move, wouldn't want to run across that at a used car lot.(but who knows maybe it fixed all the panel gaps issues)🤣🤣🤣

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

His wife has every right to be pissed! Dude needs to realize his gas pedal is more than an on/off switch.

Hold up there. Many of us have wives who don't care what we do with our toys. My wife looked at the two dented fenders and the dented window frame on my Bronco and just said I need to use the chainsaw more. She couldn't care less. Some folks need better relationships if breaking something while out having fun makes the other one pissed.

Now, marrying an idiot is on her.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

nailed it

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mrbrenan

Badlands
First Name
Brenan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
actually .. this is more reason why you shouldn't run a spare. in this example, removing the spare would have caused zero damage.
I agree. For most people wheeling hard, running a large spare tire on the swing gate is a bad idea. Clearly, a recipe for disaster and has been known to be an issue on JKs and JLs. Because of this, I decided to remove my spare tire on the swing gate altogether. I used the True North Fabrications spare tire delete with the intention of running 37" M/Ts.

Most of the reinforcement plates still utilize the factory spare tire mount which is made of plastic-coated mild steel. It doesn't matter how much you reinforce the swing gate spare tire mounting points, that tire is still going to move around, and if hit hard enough, can clearly damage something. If this guy had a spare tire reinforcement plate on, one could argue that the swing gate sheet metal would have buckled less. This could have potentially reduced the chance of the sheet metal buckling as hard as it did, and the glass breaking, however, there still would have been some level of damage with a hit that hard.

It's nice to see videos like this though, calling attention to some of the weaker points on the Bronco. All lessons we can learn from and things to consider when building out our rigs.

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very easy to over throttle in the snow, and the tire was going to hit no matter what. I usually tell people to watch the speedometer, that way they have something to go off of and keep them slow.

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do they handle these guys that won't listen to the spotter?
Accidents happen and the Off-Roadeo instructors typically let little accidents slide with no problem...
I feel like guys like this at the Off-Roadeo would be the one to actually get a bill for not listening and being arrogant.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's nice to see videos like this though, calling attention to some of the weaker points on the Bronco. All lessons we can learn from and things to consider when building out our rigs.
Typically the weakest point behind any vehicle is the one behind the wheel. And often the one with the least upgrades.

Try to show off to the brothers. F*cked up. Thankfully caught on camera for our amusement.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

wow...he slammed that tire hard...and it's a FE...man, now the million dollar question...will that show up on his carfax!
Sponsored