First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just turned 1000 miles in the 2023 2.3L manual trans 2 dr hardtop Black Diamond so thought I would give my impressions, observations and otherwise worthless contributions.

1.) Since it is a poverty trim there is a complete lack of beeping, buzzing and other annoying noises. It is so refreshing to get into a vehicle without getting overwhelmed with panic bells and beeps. The climate control is simple and does exactly what I need it to do, push a button, turn a knob

2)The ride is much better than what I would have expected. Two trips over 7 hours and does not leave me fatigued or in agony when it is over

3) plays to the weakness of #2. Touch the brakes and you are rewarded with a harder dive than a Triple Lindy. This thing loves to give you quick glances of the road in front of you without a camera

4) Windshield wipers....they have a mind of their own. Set them to low speed and they will magically start behaving like you set them to a delay setting, quite frustrating during a decent rain.

5) Almost complete lack of ambient light (maybe that is different in higher trims). I just bought a little usb led light off scamazon and it suits my purposes

6) Wind noise on the highway. This is the loudest vehicle on the highway I have ever owned, and that includes comparison to my 69 mustang convertible. It literally sounds like a whiffle ball in a tornado. The hard top is the insulated version and I expected it to be a little less obnoxious. I can hear better while blowdrying my hair

7) Fuel economy, better than I expected. I am averaging a combined 19.3 mpg for the 1068 miles currently on it. It really likes the 23-2400 rpm range on the highway, higher or lower drops the economy

8)Power, the 2.3 has more than enough power to suit my needs. I have been pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness and fun from this truck which is getting even more so as I learn its nuances. I have many muscle cars, some over 700 hp and I do not feel this thing is underpowered. Overall very happy with the truck but will look into making it a bit less hurricane like on the highway and need to get a sub installed and hooked up>

Ford Bronco 1k mile new owner worthless observations 92l9s1t

Ford Bronco 1k mile new owner worthless observations r2LetE
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice list.

On #5 my 2 door badlands high is the same. Haven't added a light yet but definitely need to.

This is my first nonpoverty trim car. You aren't missing much in creature comforts....
I do love the comfort of the truck but I am concerned those MGV seats are going to extort their pound of flesh (or sweat) come summertime.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for your worthless observations. As a fellow poverty model owner I like your impressions and feel the same. Love not having all the gizmos to worry about and love my 7MT trans

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do love the comfort of the truck but I am concerned those MGV seats are going to extort their pound of flesh (or sweat) come summertime.
I run topless in summer and have had no issues with hot seats any more than my fake leather in the 4runner. Honestly I love the MGV and wouldn't have changed it for anything else after having my bronco for over a year. Has held up great getting dirty too

Sponsored
OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I run topless in summer and have had no issues with hot seats any more than my fake leather in the 4runner. Honestly I love the MGV and wouldn't have changed it for anything else after having my bronco for over a year. Has held up great getting dirty too
That is great to hear and thank you for the reply

OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for your worthless observations. As a fellow poverty model owner I like your impressions and feel the same. Love not having all the gizmos to worry about and love my 7MT trans
Thank you. I wouldn't have purchased a 4 door or auto trans truck. Not that there is anything wrong with them but part of the draw of the Bronco to me is the working simplicity of it.-From your sister state

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
6) Wind noise on the highway. This is the loudest vehicle on the highway I have ever owned, and that includes comparison to my 69 mustang convertible. It literally sounds like a whiffle ball in a tornado. The hard top is the insulated version and I expected it to be a little less obnoxious. I can hear better while blowdrying my hair
I could not stop laughing at "like a whiffle ball in a tornado". It IS loud on the freeway. I actually keep a set of earplugs on the dash for when I take long highway trips (1 hour +).

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the topic of Ambient Lights. I have a BD with the MID package which has blue footwell lighting. Well it's supposed to, it works when I turn it on, then I shut the truck off. Next time I start it up, back to off in the settings. So weird, nearly 18k miles and its been like this forever. I don't really care but it's weird.

To all your other points, yep agreed

OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the topic of Ambient Lights. I have a BD with the MID package which has blue footwell lighting. Well it's supposed to, it works when I turn it on, then I shut the truck off. Next time I start it up, back to off in the settings. So weird, nearly 18k miles and its been like this forever. I don't really care but it's weird.

To all your other points, yep agreed
Love that green, good looking ride

Sponsored

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great points. I moved from a newer lexus daily driver to this, and don't miss the luxuries a single bit. Poverty spec makes me feel less bad when I thrash the bronco offroad. I also agree that the bronco is surprisingly a very comfortable highway cruiser. I've pulled up to 27 mpg on longer drives, probably the big bend tires. Cheers!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just turned 1000 miles in the 2023 2.3L manual trans 2 dr hardtop Black Diamond so thought I would give my impressions, observations and otherwise worthless contributions.

1.) Since it is a poverty trim there is a complete lack of beeping, buzzing and other annoying noises. It is so refreshing to get into a vehicle without getting overwhelmed with panic bells and beeps. The climate control is simple and does exactly what I need it to do, push a button, turn a knob

2)The ride is much better than what I would have expected. Two trips over 7 hours and does not leave me fatigued or in agony when it is over

3) plays to the weakness of #2. Touch the brakes and you are rewarded with a harder dive than a Triple Lindy. This thing loves to give you quick glances of the road in front of you without a camera

4) Windshield wipers....they have a mind of their own. Set them to low speed and they will magically start behaving like you set them to a delay setting, quite frustrating during a decent rain.

5) Almost complete lack of ambient light (maybe that is different in higher trims). I just bought a little usb led light off scamazon and it suits my purposes

7) Fuel economy, better than I expected. I am averaging a combined 19.3 mpg for the 1068 miles currently on it. It really likes the 23-2400 rpm range on the highway, higher or lower drops the economy

8)Power, the 2.3 has more than enough power to suit my needs. I have been pleasantly surprised by the responsiveness and fun from this truck which is getting even more so as I learn its nuances. I have many muscle cars, some over 700 hp and I do not feel this thing is underpowered. Overall very happy with the truck but will look into making it a bit less hurricane like on the highway and need to get a sub installed and hooked up>

Great write up! The insulated hard top is really only lined with carpet meant to lesson interior sound bouncing around. I’m pleased with highway speed with ST below 72mph.

OP
OP
chaosrob

chaosrob

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great points. I moved from a newer lexus daily driver to this, and don't miss the luxuries a single bit. Poverty spec makes me feel less bad when I thrash the bronco offroad. I also agree that the bronco is surprisingly a very comfortable highway cruiser. I've pulled up to 27 mpg on longer drives, probably the big bend tires. Cheers!
My Wife has a year old Turbo Macan, every time we go somewhere in it the beeping and fits it throws is just annoying. It really is overwhelming

esquared

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2.7 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I REALLY wish I could have gotten the basic climate control over the "advanced dual-zone" one in the mid package. Having the airflow direction selection be a pop-up in the center screen rather than dedicated physical controls is ridiculous. Half the time the pop-up is laggy and hard to select on the screen. Also the little rocker toggle to adjust airflow is worse than a simple rotating knob. I miss the controls from my previous 4runner.

Ah, the infamous "smart" wiper motors which attempt to prevent damage to the wiper motor if it "senses" too much resistance when wiping by slowing down the speed.
Sponsored