MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done the Cape May jeep Boo@ the Zoo event a couple of times and its a lot of fun!! As far as "ducked" or "bucked" last summer I had someone leave a Bronco hot wheels under my wiper , I just gave it to a kid I saw in the parking lot.. no big deal
Same thing occurred in my local Walmart parking lot. I drove my F 150 and as I returned to my truck I saw a Bronco Hot Wheels tucked under the wiper blade of a Bronco parked nearby.
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You guys are wild! My kids love it.. Personally I couldn’t care any less but man to think I’d get wadded up about a compliment pointed at something I take a little personal pride in baffles me. Guess everybody has a sensitivity to something these days, just don’t think this is the hill I’d choose to die on

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm still waiting for the inevitable "This is why I carry!" bullshit response. 🙄

Or have they already been deleted?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the most narcissistic thing that some people do while convincing themselves they are "spreading joy" instead of bullying others into joining their cult. They should really take one second to be considerate to other human beings and respect their feelings and their property. Do this to your friends or possibly coworkers, but don't be a bully/a-hole and do this to strangers.
I don't see how it's narcissistic or a bullying behavior though? I've given out 5 Bronco Hot Wheels over the last year. 4 out of the 5 signed up on the FB group and literally told me it made their day. I have no problem with some/most throwing it away or giving it to a random child that's nearby if they aren't into it. Zero hard feelings... The goal is to have fun with the community and maybe make someone smile who's having a rough day. I'm all about putting good joo-joo out there and to me this is harmless fun. Don't like it, throw it out and move on with your life, lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FYI, I’m the guy that parks right next to you when your trying to park alone. Your SUV isn’t that special. BUT, I would never place a duck on your SUV, that’s dumb.
I'll take the space next to a cool vehicle to give them cover from idiots. I park far enough away so it isn't possible to give or get a door ding.

If they are parked far away, the added benefit is getting a little exercise.

At work I parked 100+ feet away from the nearest car in the lot and about 120 yards from the door. Alone in the middle of a row of parking spots. In six months the entire row had cars parked a space apart. Like minded people all with nice vehicles showing respect for others. We parked in the same spots just like they were assigned for years until the pandemic.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think if you're one of those ones that has them all displayed on your dash you're inviting others to do it, but if the vehicle is clean and there's none of that stuff then it's a different story....But I have a Hula Shark on my dash, so what do I know.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm still waiting for the inevitable "This is why I carry!" bullshit response. 🙄

Or have they already been deleted?
I'm an asshole, but even I wouldn't go that far.

Maybe a "Hey, something I can help you with", but unless you're physically inside my vehicle or in the act of trying to get in, we can still talk it out.

Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's like politics - you're never going to change the other side's opinion. So the best option is just don't touch someone else's stuff. Just because you think it's fun doesn't give license to ignore boundaries. Just my 2...

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I came out of Menards the other day and found a little pony, small beaded strap, and a card on a metal keychain hanging from my door handle. In addition to this mess was a small rubber duck shoved between the handle and door. I was bucked and ducked.
I truly don’t understand the fascination with this trend, but to each their own. However, I prefer that I was left out of this nonsense. I’m the type of person who parks at the far end of the parking lot away from all others to reduce the risk of others coming close to my vehicles. And, I definitely didn’t appreciate the metal key chain swinging in the wind against my paint or the scuff mark left on the paint from shoving the thing between the door handle and door.
I realize people have strong opinions about bucking and I’m not posting to spark another debate. I just want to know if there is some type of universal symbol or sticker I could place on my window that tells everyone that I don’t want to be part of this trend and to keep their trinkets for someone who may actually appreciate them. Any thoughts?

I hear the sounds of the world's smallest violin playing you a sad, sad tune...🎻

Sarcasm aside, even though I'm of the "don't touch my shit" mentality, this trend doesn't bother me. As long as there's no damage to my car, no harm no foul. I can't really control what people do when I'm not watching

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at a Jeep event one time with some friends. His wife got so upset that she didn't get ducked, it was almost embarrassing. You would have thought someone killed her dog. Hubby went and found someone that wasn't so fond of them and put 4-5 on her dash.

I would almost say it is a mental disorder for some.

I would keep a trash bag in my Jeep and when someone would duck me - it went straight in and would discard as soon as I got home. Started to notice it would occur more in certain parts of town, so I would avoid those areas if at all possible.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you parking it out all by itself, is making them think that you are showing it off and they are just showing some love. Get a custom wrap that says "stay away" and "doesn't play well with others". It'll send the message, as well as protect from any scratches. Win-win. No offense, but if don't want attention, buy a white or silver 4runner and park in the front, like everyone else. No one will ever pay you any attention and you can live comfortable.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would almost say it is a mental disorder for some.

I would keep a trash bag in my Jeep and when someone would duck me - it went straight in and would discard as soon as I got home. Started to notice it would occur more in certain parts of town, so I would avoid those areas if at all possible.
Sponsored