stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ventura, Ca. here. I have a 73, been waiting a long time for the Bronco to return, love it. Alas...I must wait for my CAREER to return before I can get one (I'm a DJ...biz it a bit off these days). One day...
One of these days the economy will return. In the meantime , if you have a 73 you are way ahead of the game in comparison to most. Good Luck!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey there! I am in Campbell too! 4dr Badlands. Which dealer are you going with?
Kearny Mesa, Eric Bunch. He’s the only manager yhat I found in CA that will nit only talk credibly with me, buy he immediately followed our conversation, with everything in writing.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did Galpin commit in writing to not charge over MSRP and to honor X-Plan?

I've only gotten x-plan commitment but no word on anything else... I sent them a follow up and we'll see what happens as I mentioned Kearny Mesa was stealing me away hahaha! I'll post here if I hear from them..

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only gotten x-plan commitment but no word on anything else... I sent them a follow up and we'll see what happens as I mentioned Kearny Mesa was stealing me away hahaha! I'll post here if I hear from them..
ha. Yes. They need to aldo commit to not adding any ADM’s, and not over MSRP.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did Galpin commit in writing to not charge over MSRP and to honor X-Plan?
Others have stated that Galpin has made that commitment to honor X-Plan and no ADM, along with South Bay Ford. Since that post, Future Ford-Clovis responded to my last ditch effort and also agreed to honor X-Plan

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Others have stated that Galpin has made that commitment to honor X-Plan and no ADM, along with South Bay Ford. Since that post, Future Ford-Clovis responded to my last ditch effort and also agreed to honor X-Plan
I only ask because I saw them listed on this site as one of the dealers that honors X-PLan and does not charge over MSRP. However when I called them it fell a bit short in the actual commitment department. They said they needed to see how things progressed, but they wanted to do x-y and z, but when push came to shove there was no actual written commitment. That was a few weeks ago so maybe things have changed. But I moved on at that point to what was the only dealer that at that time committed in writing to honoring X-Plan, no mark up above MSRP, no ADM fees, etc., which was Kearny Mesa Ford.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only ask because I saw them listed on this site as one of the dealers that honors X-PLan and does not charge over MSRP. However when I called them it fell a bit short in the actual commitment department. They said they needed to see how things progressed, but they wanted to do x-y and z, but when push came to shove there was no actual written commitment. That was a few weeks ago so maybe things have changed. But I moved on at that point to what was the only dealer that at that time committed in writing to honoring X-Plan, no mark up above MSRP, no ADM fees, etc., which was Kearny Mesa Ford.

Seeing this I might just do the same! It's been radio silence from the initial point of contact that reached out to me about my reservation... thanks for the information!

daxbox

First Edition
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 50th Anni * 911 C2s * 4Runner * Q5 * S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey there! I am in Campbell too! 4dr Badlands. Which dealer are you going with?
Nice, Campbell! Currently with Towne Ford, but open to switching. I haven't heard from them at all. You? Any advice?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, Campbell! Currently with Towne Ford, but open to switching. I haven't heard from them at all. You? Any advice?
Hey Darren! I know it’s a long way, but people are moving from both NorCal and SoCal to Eric, at Kearney Mess Ford (San Diego). Everything in writing and no worrying about hoe the existing dealer might screw you after October (when you can no longer change dealers). I’ve included Eric’s info on several threads under this topic. No, I don’t work gor Ford or Eric. I’m just pleased with the way he has been performing for everyone on this forum.

Sponsored

broncolvr

Badlands
First Name
Hobbes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW gti
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently with Frontier Ford since that was the option that showed up when I was reserving. Have heard mixed feedback and they haven't responded to any of my emails asking about ADM etc

Andrew Bynum

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry CE
Your Bronco Model
Base
Re: South Bay Ford in Hawthorne, CA

I’ve contacted them several times via email and their website over the past couple of months since making the reservation on the first day, trying to confirm that they will honor X-Plan pricing, and I’ve yet to get any confirmation. I know they’re listed on the spreadsheet as honoring it but that really does me no good after 10/31.

I’ll give it some more time but may be switching to Kearny Mesa for the certainty that I don’t have to haggle.

UPDATE: Gabino Barrera, the Sales Floor Manager at South Bay Ford, confirmed that they will “accept X-Plan on all reservations.”

Last edited:

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Central Coast (Pismo Beach area) here. I'm going the same route w/ the Bronco.

In order to get the hell away from as much weekend housework as possible (and spend better time with the kids), we use our travel trailer a lot and add in as many hike-in camping trips as we can. As the Bronco gets closer to release, I'm becoming more & more interested in the over-landing thing to add another approach to our adventures.

Once I retire, I plan on using the Bronco as a "toad", getting pulled across the country behind my diesel-pusher RV. If the Bronco falls short, I'll switch to pulling a Jeep like most other RV's I see on the road these days.
Which dealership did you go with?

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you go across the dam at Courtright and follow the 4WD trail. About 2-3 miles in is a steep rock face that is part of the 4WD trail which I believe is called Chicken Rock......we had a 1970 Ford Bronco we took back there for backpacking, but never went up the rock.
I’ve been up Chicken Rock in my ‘66 Bronco many times! Great view from the top