First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally disagree with this. The 2.3 is a potent engine for its size. Its actually pretty impressive. And with the 93 Octane tune you get around 325hp and 375tq. That much power from a small in-line 4 is pretty amazing. A lot of past V8s didn't even get that. Too many people are still obsessed with counting cylinders.
I said it jokingly but i get your point. The V6 when offered in the Mustang was still a good choice just like the 2.3L in the Ranger. I agree people are cylinder count obsessed and some of the smaller 4 and 3 cylinder engine are pretty powerful compared to engines in the past. Just like the EcoBoost Mustang preforms very well and wouldn't shame anyone from wanting that over a 5.0 Mustang or vice versa. I haven't driven the Ranger, but most of what I read about the engine and power is positive. I wanted to get a feel for that engine before I made my decision but I'm probably a this point go with the 2.3L w/ the manual.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.3L (without the manual) is comparable to getting a Mustang with a V6, don't pop the hood if you can't deal with the shame lmao
or maybe even the Mustang with the 2.3? Lol. You know the Mustang comes with the same 2.3L

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
or maybe even the Mustang with the 2.3? Lol. You know the Mustang comes with the same 2.3L
I do know that lol just referencing in the past people were judged for not getting the 5.0 even though it was still a good engine

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These pics just remind me that without a doubt I will be getting an extended warranty on the new Bronco.

Diagnostic fee alone on my Jeep was $180 and that price no longer disappears if you go along with service like I remember it use to. And you can see a engine under the hood. It’s no hidden by miles of hoses like the 2.3 or 2.7 engine.

Too many sensors and electronics.

So who knows the internet dealer with great extended warranty pricing? I found one for my Honda (saved $1200 vs dealer) I found one for my Harley (saved $1000 vs dealer).

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These pics just remind me that without a doubt I will be getting an extended warranty on the new Bronco.

Diagnostic fee alone on my Jeep was $180 and that price no longer disappears if you go along with service like I remember it use to. And you can see a engine under the hood. It’s no hidden by miles of hoses like the 2.3 or 2.7 engine.

Too many sensors and electronics.

So who knows the internet dealer with great extended warranty pricing? I found one for my Honda (saved $1200 vs dealer) I found one for my Harley (saved $1000 vs dealer).
Try your credit union if you have one the warranty on my tundra was 2000 from dealer they did it for 600 and its lifetime.
It pays to shop around.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crap and i get to bust my knuckles and dislocate my arms for the next 3 yrs on these under warranty o_O

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol that’s awesome. We had an apprentice running around looking for the bucket of ohms. He must have asked everyone on our crew, I couldn’t keep a straight face and ruined it lol. The fire sprinkler apprentice once asked me for the pipe stretcher and I told him it was next to the wire stretcher, he went to look for both.
Or sending a kid out for a box of spot welds.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay so I got a funny story. When I was in high school, I went to what we called VoTech, auto-body and paint specifically. Needless to say we had a kid in our class who literally had zero knowledge of the automotive world. We sent him to O'Reilly's down the road a bit with two items on a list: Light-bulb fluid, and spark plugs for a Cummins diesel. When he arrived and walked up to the counter, he told them what he needed on the list. The whole store of associates laughed hysterically at him and had to tell him there's no such thing as light-bulb fluid, and diesel engines don't have spark plugs. He'd been had. That kid was triggered when he got back. Funny as heck though. He turned out to be pretty good at auto-body, I just wouldn't go to him for any mechanical issues lol.
Should of looked for that left-handed screwdriver

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All kidding aside that engine bay looks like the kind that one of those little wires or line gets messed up your walking.
Just today i took a ride in a buddys 2.7 after i asked to see under the hood, way cleaner in the f150 but i noticed that mice have been chewing the firewall insulation one injector wire or computer harness and your walking.
At least my F-150 with the 5.0 has room for my mousetraps LOL

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here. I don't think there are any other new SUVs that even come with a manual.

This will likely be my last manual vehicle, because I think we're all going electric/hybrid in 10-15 years.
I've been test driving electric cars for the last few years, and we are really close to the affordability point and technological point where it makes sense to buy one on its own merits. For me, we are not quite there yet, but close. I will say this, to me, an electric car still counts as a manual transmission: it's just a 1-speed manual that you can't stall :ROFLMAO:.

Seriously though, the main reason I drive a stick shift on every car I currently own, and do my best to only purchase manual transmission vehicles, is a serious aversion to all the driving dynamics and fun factor downsides of either an automatic or a CVT. An electric car skirts the issue entirely by just never needing to shift! In all the electric cars I've driven (several), never once have I reached for the non-existent shifter with the feeling that I needed to correct something the machine was doing. On the other hand, that sensation happens regularly in every automatic or CVT internal-combustion vehicle I've ever driven.

So in short, I'll welcome the electric revolution once we can get earth moving torque, low center of gravity, great driving dynamics and reasonable range for just small upcharge over an equivalent ICE vehicle. Your 10-15 year estimate is probably right on the money for when that will be reality.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been test driving electric cars for the last few years, and we are really close to the affordability point and technological point where it makes sense to buy one on its own merits. For me, we are not quite there yet, but close. I will say this, to me, an electric car still counts as a manual transmission: it's just a 1-speed manual that you can't stall :ROFLMAO:.

Seriously though, the main reason I drive a stick shift on every car I currently own, and do my best to only purchase manual transmission vehicles, is a serious aversion to all the driving dynamics and fun factor downsides of either an automatic or a CVT. An electric car skirts the issue entirely by just never needing to shift! In all the electric cars I've driven (several), never once have I reached for the non-existent shifter with the feeling that I needed to correct something the machine was doing. On the other hand, that sensation happens regularly in every automatic or CVT internal-combustion vehicle I've ever driven.

So in short, I'll welcome the electric revolution once we can get earth moving torque, low center of gravity, great driving dynamics and reasonable range for just small upcharge over an equivalent ICE vehicle. Your 10-15 year estimate is probably right on the money for when that will be reality.
Not me im fighting it evey step of the way like the metric system,with that said ive got my reserve on the cybertruck lol.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not me im fighting it evey step of the way like the metric system,with that said ive got my reserve on the cybertruck lol.
I drive a lot in DC traffic. They are so darn peaceful to drive, and they make excellent commuters. It's just not quite mature enough tech to warrant the price IMO, but I do want one once I can make it check out for my own use case. Regardless, I don't see a day where I don't have at least one gas or oil burner in my fleet anytime soon. There is still something to be said for the ol' burble burble pop pop soundtrack.
Sponsored