Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
I use the rear seats folded down more often than I have anyone in the back seat so I figured I would take them out. Used a piece of plywood I bought and had cut at Home Depot as the base, used 4'x3"x2" pieces to reinforce the base and allow room underneath so the board doesn't rub on the bolts that stick out. Added a foam mat that I stuck on top and secured it in place with 3M double sided molding tape so it doesn't slide around. I also added hooks that aren't in these pictures so I can tie cargo down with tie-downs and bungee chords. I added a hinge and cut out the area to access the tire changing gear and tiny cargo area underneath where I keep the spare tie rods. I was going to get the goose gear rear seat delete but all the parts were pretty expensive and I feel I didn't need it to be that fancy. I figured if other people have done it (definitely better than mine) then I could do it since I had the tools (drill, driver, circular saw). Everything cost me about $100. Just useful enough to have an area to store snowboards, inflatable paddle board, off-roading gear, camping gear and any other large items that I needed to fit back there from time to time. The plywood did smell so I ended up coating it in a water based polyurethane and that has gotten rid of the odor. I will end up painting that edge in the back so it all matches.
Ford Bronco Yet Another DIY Rear Seat Delete Flat.JPG
Ford Bronco Yet Another DIY Rear Seat Delete Opened.JPG

Opened Inner.JPG
Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There should be a kit for this that includes

1. plug and play resistors for the seatbelts so you don't have to remove the belts from the seats.

2. A cover for the seat area that makes it clean and covers the bolts.

Who wants to go make this?

OP
OP
Desert_Brush

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base

1. plug and play resistors for the seatbelts so you don't have to remove the belts from the seats.

For the seatbelts I just plugged and folded them back in so they don't set off the seatbelt alarm every time I drive. They just barely fit.

The large bolts actually sit between two support pieces that leave enough vertical and horizontal room so they are not pressing or rubbing against the platform.

Edit: An inexpensive kit would be nice. The only one I could find was way too expensive at 10 times what I paid to build mine.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Favorite part of this post " where I keep the spare tie rods ".
Do you plan to sleep in back and if so how tall are you and can your stretch out or not?

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the seatbelts I just plugged and folded them back in so they don't set off the seatbelt alarm every time I drive. They just barely fit.

The large bolts actually sit between two support pieces that leave enough vertical and horizontal room so they are not pressing or rubbing against the platform.

Edit: An inexpensive kit would be nice. The only one I could find was way too expensive at 10 times what I paid to build mine.
Yes, thanks for posting so we can see what you did.

I understand form other posts, there could be some kind of resistor in place of the seatbelts. If that could be done cheaply, then it would eliminate the need to remove the buckles from the seats and also make it easier to put them back. Not sure exactly how to do this, but it seems doable. Furthermore, if someone could come up with a plastic cover that uses the actual bolts, then it could simply be bolted in place also making it pretty easy to put the seats back when you want.

Overall, I wish for would have just made them easily removable in the first place.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Desert_Brush

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Favorite part of this post " where I keep the spare tie rods ".
Do you plan to sleep in back and if so how tall are you and can your stretch out or not?
Haha you gotta. I spend half my trail time going solo so I like to be prepared.
I can't really sleep in the back. I'm 5'9" and the length of the plywood I used is 4ft and reaches a few inches within the seats' position. I imagine someone could put their feet on the center console or sleep on their side curled up a little, but I can't.

CiNeverGlades

Big Bend
First Name
FOX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO BB 7MT 4DR 2.3L CBNFBR GRY
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You could possibly sleep at an angle, with your feet near the Driver Seat & your Head laying near the Right Rear Side, of the Trunk.
With the 4 Door, you can sleep 2 Comfortably.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought a bunch of 2.4K ohm resistors for six bucks on Amazon. so I’ll let you know how that works out.

I am going to just plug them in the female end of the plug, unclip them from the floor, and then tuck them behind the side panel.

I already did that for the upper part of the seatbelt where it’s attached to the roll bar.
Just popped the top part of the panel and then rolled it up and tucked inside.

As far as the studs sticking up from the seats, I think I’m just gonna cut them off flush. and then if I need to put the seats back in later, I’ll just drill and tap it for bolts like the front part of the seats.
We will see.

(a couple of things to note, see pictures, the little Spacer behind the rollbar, my fingers pointing at be sure to pop that off first or you lose it behind the panel!
And then the studs I’m talking about cutting flush, and also the female plug everybody’s talking about unclip it from the floor and tuck it behind the side panel with a resistor in it!)
Ford Bronco Yet Another DIY Rear Seat Delete IMG_1535
Ford Bronco Yet Another DIY Rear Seat Delete IMG_1536
Ford Bronco Yet Another DIY Rear Seat Delete IMG_1537
Ford Bronco Yet Another DIY Rear Seat Delete IMG_1538
Ford Bronco Yet Another DIY Rear Seat Delete IMG_1539
Ford Bronco Yet Another DIY Rear Seat Delete IMG_1540
Sponsored

Last edited: