First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the feedback. Noted you believe Toyota is between 44s & 60s. 37’s are a “want to” but only if it’s backed with a bomber set up. Maybe the Bronco will prove worthy with minimal mods. I’m no rock crawler in Jeep terms but staying off the rocks is not going to happen. Colorado is mostly rock.
Yep, it sure is. Be careful and you will fine. Like Bison said perhaps beef them up down the road.
If you plan doing a SAS I was pricing out a set of ultimate D60s complete kit with gearing and all at $15K.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, it sure is. Be careful and you will fine. Like Bison said perhaps beef them up down the road.
If you plan doing a SAS I was pricing out a set of ultimate D60s complete kit with gearing and all at $15K.
Ya, I have no plans for a full blown SAS. That would be sick for sure, but no. Today was my first on trail “critical failure” after a decade of roaming CO’s hidden gems. I’m good with a IFS rig as long as it has ample clearance & a wheelbase / width / armor combo suitable for our narrow trails. If a SAS was in the cards I’d probably pick up an older V8 4Runner or maybe go full shitbox and get a XJ or three.?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ya, I have no plans for a full blown SAS. That would be sick for sure, but no. Today was my first on trail “critical failure” after a decade of roaming CO’s hidden gems. I’m good with a IFS rig as long as it has ample clearance & a wheelbase / width / armor combo suitable for our narrow trails. If a SAS was in the cards I’d probably pick up an older V8 4Runner or maybe go full shitbox and get a XJ or three.?
Yeah, I am going to stay with the IFS for the versatility.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would be sweet to upgrade to a IFS 9" housing with RCVs and IWE eliminators. If you spin a hub you can still drive home. Or....
n6LdKYOGTzgHaEK?w=324&h=182&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.35&pid=1.jpg

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would be sweet to upgrade to a IFS 9" housing with RCVs and IWE eliminators. If you spin a hub you can still drive home. Or....
Ford Bronco Ford VS Toyota: CV axle n6LdKYOGTzgHaEK?w=324&h=182&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.35&pid=1
Yeah baby. That is some sweet kit there.

Sponsored

MentalBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Toyota Tundra, Yamaha WR250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay.... What about this.... GOAT modes there are 6? 7? 8? 9? I forget. One of them is for rock crawling. Right? Think in the all knowing GOAT crawler mode it will know when the hop is happening? And back off the throttle for us?
This might be a thread high jack. Sorry.

Bill

OP
OP
Ramble_Offroad

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay.... What about this.... GOAT modes there are 6? 7? 8? 9? I forget. One of them is for rock crawling. Right? Think in the all knowing GOAT crawler mode it will know when the hop is happening? And back off the throttle for us?
This might be a thread high jack. Sorry.

Bill
No worries, all related tangents are welcome .
maybe, maybe not. To be honest I’m all for traction tech but the modes that mess with & cut the throttle, at least on my 2nd gen Tacoma, are annoying. However if Ford has something new that works then....why not? let’s learn!

I look at this way, it was only a mater of time until I broke something of consequence. In this case, I earned it. It was my doing, it was a long day. However my original question about CV strength comparison was intended to frame up some comparisons for my jumbled head. How will a squatched Badlands 4D stack up OffRoad against a lifted Tacoma w/ a high clearance rear bumper? Will the Bronco be more capable right off the lot? I hope so, but in this digital sales CoVID influenced environment It’s difficult to be certain. This question and further understanding of the Bronco’s build overall, may help me better understand my Bronco dream. Im just a guy that wants to explore and to avoid the lengthy & costly mod journey to get there.

Except proper coilovers. Suspension will be required...and different wheels & tires...and maybe snorkel given that forward facing air intake at the top of the grill...and a prescription for more cowbell!

“Hi I’m Nels, and I’ll a truck addict”
Sponsored

Last edited: