Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Eh...

sorry...

Being a previous owner of (2) FSB’s - this spy photo shoot confirms Ford is lost...

The Bronco was never a 4-door vehicle - but let’s appease to the masses who prob wouldn’t even know an original Bronco from a Yugo...

IMO, the the Bronco, whichever modern version you want to call it, a “Big” or “Baby” - it should never have (4) doors.

If I (or others) wanted a 4-door SUV - Ford has plenty of existing options AND the Competition has a very wide variety of 4-door this or that’s...

It’s really a shame to see the Bronco being designed to having a 4-door version at all.

Give me the Full Size with only 2-doors, that’s where the Heritage is at... Big, Bold and Beastly - not some knock off that already resembles what is available through every single manufacturer on the globe.

* The above denotes an opinion of a Bronco faithful fan, for those that want the teeny-tiny version, go calm down and unwad yer panties...
Bronco wouldn't exist if there weren't a 4 door. Wrangler sales exploded when they added the 4 door. There will be a 2 door as well, but without the 4 door, there'd be no justification for the project, and they'd be leaving a TON of money on the table.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco wouldn't exist if there weren't a 4 door. Wrangler sales exploded when they added the 4 door. There will be a 2 door as well, but without the 4 door, there'd be no justification for the project, and they'd be leaving a TON of money on the table.
Where I live, for every 20 Wranglers I see, there's 3 or 4 2dr's

I also live 10 minutes from Long Branch, Sea Bright, Asbury Park, Deal, basically the nicer parts of the Jersey Shore

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I also live 10 minutes from Long Branch, Sea Bright, Asbury Park, Deal, basically the nicer parts of the Jersey Shore
anecdotally, that is a similar ratio to what I see in south Louisiana, and it matches the numbers they've put out on sales. So few that I do a double take when I see a lifted 2dr Wrangler.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anecdotally, that is a similar ratio to what I see in south Louisiana, and it matches the numbers they've put out on sales. So few that I do a double take when I see a lifted 2dr Wrangler.
My friend who had a JK had a 4dr

He was also 16-17 at the time and wanted a 2dr, but his Dad cited what he if needed to take his baby step-brother somewhere

Kids now 21 and owns a Civic, a Ram and a Del Sol (I was friends with his older brother, and essentially, his family)

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't tell if you're arguing against my point or making my point, but I'll say there's definitely a market for a 2 door, but it's a fraction of the 4-door's potential, as Wrangler sales indicate. I know I'd have zero interest in a 2 door, but I've had my eye on the 4 door for a while.

Sponsored

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't tell if you're arguing against my point or making my point, but I'll say there's definitely a market for a 2 door, but it's a fraction of the 4-door's potential, as Wrangler sales indicate. I know I'd have zero interest in a 2 door, but I've had my eye on the 4 door for a while.
No doubt the 4 door will sell better. It will be interesting to see a few years down the road how many smaller cuvs/suvs Ford sells. Will their share increase by the same amount of the Bronco family sales or will it be a small increase do to cannibalization?

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Even here in Colorado there are way more 4 door JKs and JLs than there are 2 doors. And we might be the Jeep capital of the US.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is within 10 years the 2-door bronco and wrangler will be discontinued.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Making your point.

I'm the 3-4 people interested in the 2drs, and even if I didn't have my Ram as a Daily, still wouldn't look at a 4dr

That said, nothing wrong with the 4 doors, more room for more whores

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it's a Jeep, I say it has to be a 4 door... Well that's cuz I bought my wife a 2dr Wrangler about 5 years back and the lack of space in the rear sucked! The trunk of my Mustang fit more stuff than her Jeep. That and trying to get anyone other than a kid into the back seat. Then 3 years ago I upgraded her to a 4 door Jeep... so much better.

With that being said, I can't stand Jeeps! That's the wife's deal.

For me, I'm all about the 2dr. Bronco, not looking for 4 doors. Just hope they give a little bit of room in back to toss some stuff there!

And to add to the numbers... I'm in Hunterdon County NJ and it's more like a ratio of 20:1 4dr. vs 2dr. You just don't see the 2 doors anymore, unless they are older Jeeps.

Sponsored

Thakurtis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These two photos clearly show the two different ride heights. And I don’t think we’re looking at two separate vehicles.

A1923C72-B98D-4022-83D3-96EA36C7BB19.jpeg

1510D069-64EA-47CD-A4DC-8107858C12F5.jpeg
If you match up marks on the ground, these pictures were taken while it's driving. The suspension change is surely from terrain.

Hautian

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My guess is within 10 years the 2-door bronco and wrangler will be discontinued.
Could be the case but I hope not. I'm interested in a 2 door since its only going to be a secondary vehicle. If it was going to be a primary I'd have to get a 4 door.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They’ve been running Nurburgring, but have been far from impressive there

heavily modified and only running 1 lap at a time due to charge capacity, last I heard they’re having trouble breaking 8s. That’s pretty abysmal, considering my slightly modified 3V S197 was running near that with my novice driving abilities

Thakurtis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could understand this if it were some sort of computer system that was paramount to the vehicle. But we’re talking about an air lift here... if it goesout, then boo hoo you can’t look SIK AS FUK on your way to the dealership because your car is only sitting 12” off the ground instead of 15”

Then leaves as soon as speeds above 70 or a corner get thrown into the equation
The new roadster has entered the chat
Sponsored