Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks Flatlander40! I have to call BS on their towing answer (or at least part of it) though - it's the same frame as the Ranger and that truck tows 7500lbs.

OP
OP

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Flatlander40! I have to call BS on their towing answer (or at least part of it) though - it's the same frame as the Ranger and that truck tows 7500lbs.
I agree

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hmmm do I want power seats or washout interior? I will go with washout....I think...so long as the seat goes up and down, forward and back and reclines, I think I can manage without the power.
Read what Ford says on their website...
But of course the people at the meet representing Ford never bothered to read the Ford Badlands web page on seating options.

Optional
  • 10-way Power Driver seat (4-Door Only)
  • 8-way Power Passenger (4-Door Only)
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/

And no, carpet is not optional.

Sponsored

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read what Ford says on their website...
I was just having an internal debate on this and the other comment of someone saying you can chose power seats but would lose washout. I can live with 6-way manual...if I can get power and still keep vinyl and washout, I can live with that too. Website doesn’t say if you lose the washout floors, but I expect we will have to wait for B&P to answer that, and 50 other questions we still have

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was just having an internal debate on this and the other comment of someone saying you can chose power seats but would lose washout. I can live with 6-way manual...if I can get power and still keep vinyl and washout, I can live with that too. Website doesn’t say if you lose the washout floors, but I expect we will have to wait for B&P to answer that, and 50 other questions we still have
Badlands only comes with Rubberized Floors and the Ford website says:
But of course the people at the meet representing Ford never bothered to read the Ford Badlands web page on seating options.

Optional
  • 10-way Power Driver seat (4-Door Only)
  • 8-way Power Passenger (4-Door Only)
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-badlands/

And no, carpet is not optional.
Ford Bronco FB member Q&A 1600013267227

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just having an internal debate on this and the other comment of someone saying you can chose power seats but would lose washout. I can live with 6-way manual...if I can get power and still keep vinyl and washout, I can live with that too. Website doesn’t say if you lose the washout floors, but I expect we will have to wait for B&P to answer that, and 5000000 other questions we still have
Fixed that for you..... ;)

As for the Towing Comment by FoMoCo......

" • TOWING is set at 3500 because of the way the frame is built, the location for how the hitch is mounted and the suspension being an off-road suspension. No mention of trans cooler or oil cooler. BUT sway control will be part of towing package. "

I can understand this, but a WD Hitch would resolve this, so it comes down the the suspension.
All can be resolved with an appropriate Tow Package that (among other things) includes a WD Hitch and different suspension components. FoMoCo should make it available and let the Buyer Choose if they want Towing or Articulation.

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The frame is “based” off the Ranger. There are differences. Also the frame is just 1 of the many factors in determining tow ratings of a vehicle.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Aren't there already plenty of less off road capable SUVs with higher tow ratings? Why take a unique vehicle and just make it like everything else. I really don't understand the angst. The Bronco is designed ground up as the most capable off road factory produced vehicle and you want Ford to just make it like everything else. If you want less off road ability and more towing, look around as there are a lot of great choices for that need.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The frame is “based” off the Ranger. There are differences. Also the frame is just 1 of the many factors in determining tow ratings of a vehicle.
Perhaps there are differences - for example it could be less rigid? Do you know if this is the case or are you speculating? No worries if you are - this is a forum for an unreleased vehicle so that comes with the territory. We should all qualify our statements though.

And yes the frame is just one factor - that's why I included the "part of" in parentheses. As discussed in multiple other threads about this subject the primary culprit will be the suspension with a host of secondary issues. Many of us choose to hold out hope that they can be solved with a specialized max tow package, even if it carries significant extra cost and sacrifices some off-road prowess. See @The Pope 's post above.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Aren't there already plenty of less off road capable SUVs with higher tow ratings? Why take a unique vehicle and just make it like everything else. I really don't understand the angst. The Bronco is designed ground up as the most capable off road factory produced vehicle and you want Ford to just make it like everything else. If you want less off road ability and more towing, look around as there are a lot of great choices for that need.
It's because when it comes down to it 3500lbs is just not enough for a lot of super-duper-ultra light off-road trailers that generally have the same target demographic as the Bronco. Even 4000lbs or 4500lbs looks to open a lot of doors. 3500lbs seems to be a default number thrown at mid-sized CUVs so for those of us who are going to tow with it the stated number appears to have been given no thought beyond matching Wrangler.
Everyone is on here because they are drawn to the Bronco, but everyone's wants and needs are slightly different. Some of us will not be rock crawling on Moab but will be taking a small trailer out to our hunting/fishing/exploring basecamp, for example.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Fixed that for you..... ;)

As for the Towing Comment by FoMoCo......

" • TOWING is set at 3500 because of the way the frame is built, the location for how the hitch is mounted and the suspension being an off-road suspension. No mention of trans cooler or oil cooler. BUT sway control will be part of towing package. "

I can understand this, but a WD Hitch would resolve this, so it comes down the the suspension.
All can be resolved with an appropriate Tow Package that (among other things) includes a WD Hitch and different suspension components. FoMoCo should make it available and let the Buyer Choose if they want Towing or Articulation.
The hitch they have looks fairly lightweight. I’ll definitely be looking to bolt on a beefier class iii Version when available aftermarket.

Also, replace the rear Bilsteins with something adjustable.

And run a weigh distributing hitch.

In short I’ll be modding my way to where I think it is safe enough for an extra 1000 lbs tow weight, again ...

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t get the towing weight concerns, look at the geometry of the rear axle suspension design, I wouldn’t want to get anywhere near the 3500lb capacity. This is made for high speed rough terrain travel, it’s not a tow rig.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Class II hitch limit is 3500Lbs. A Class III is needed to reach 6000Lbs. All documentation shows Class II is the only available hitch.

Every time we run into an issue with the Bronco not meeting a potential buyer's needs, the answer is always Aftermarket.
Sponsored