Sponsored

90% sure I'll be trading this in for a 3rd-4th year run.

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Planning on just buying in a couple years. Was a 2nd year buyer from the start, but now I've got the raptor to consider (almost undoubtedly out of my price range, but I can dream). Also still holding out some small sliver of hope that they'll offer the manual with the V6. If they drop the manual I'm 100% out.

I would say you should hold out some hope for manual samsquanch 2dr. I threw out the idea they're holding the option out on us to drum up excitement as the hype dies down, and show how much they "listen and care". Could sell the 35s to fund the purchase of good quality 33s

As for colors, being a 2nd year buyer should let me see them in person and on the vehicle itself.
I've found pictures never really show you what it looks like in person.

So my personal decision is to hold out, but if you've gotta have a first year I'd agree with the others saying lease
Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in total agreement, OP. I'm 42 years old. This will NOT be the last vehicle I ever buy. I expect there to be brand refreshes and new options down the line that I'll want and will eventually swap in to.

At the end of the day, it's a depreciating asset, not an "investment" as many seem to suggest with their rhetoric and philosophies about purchasing. If you're buying cars for their investment quality, you should be going after antique, classics or limited-run models, not current-year production models.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I could see me keeping this as a long term toy (last full ICE). Hybrid/bev trucks will be here soon, and there seems to be a lot of competition(Ford, Rivian, Tesla, Nikola, Etc.). I do tend to trade my truck in every few
Years though(06, 12, 15, next?).

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
90% sure of something 3-4 years down the road........what's the uncertainty causing the other 10%?
;)

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ll trade in if they offer a shade of green and a good hybrid system. I’m 100% sure of the latter happening soon as Ford is behind its competitors in that department.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else planning on buying only to trade-in in a couple few years? Despite how much I like the overall rig, every single trim/option package requires me to make a compromise. I also hate every single color currently offered.

The closest thing to what I want is the 2 Door Badlands with the high package. What I would pick if I could, is a 2 Door Base with Sasquatch (on 33s tho), MT, and a high package. I'm also obviously not thrilled with the lack of the MT with the V6, but lets not go down that path today....

So, part of me just wants to get the Base with nothing added for 28k and cruise around trusting that Ford will have some new colors, trims, and powertrain options in a couple years (Hybrid, Diesel, Raptor are all things I'd like) and upgrading then.

The other part of me doesn't trust Ford to offer any of the above for the 2 door, and if they will continue to support the MT at all. At which time a 2 Door Badlands, MT, high-package would be very hard to come by.

I don't care about "goat modes" I don't want the disco. I want front and rear lockers, and a high package. That's it. Oh, and in a color that doesn't look like they gave 1st graders a bunch of paint to mix and make new colors with.

Regardless, I think a 1st year MT of any trim/package will hold value extremely well.
I plan on keeping mine for awhile depending on new things being added, maybe new engine and or new manual to current 2.7L. Also I think most of the 2021 models regardless of which model, trim or engine/transmission will hold there value depending on if there's any problems that get solved for the 2022 model. But imo i think they manuals in all trims will hold their value, just some trims might be more valuable like a Badlands compared the rest.

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
90% sure of something 3-4 years down the road........what's the uncertainty causing the other 10%?
;)
I addressed the 10%. I think the options will get more limited, not less. Especially on the 2 Door. i.e. The current BL is as close to what I'll want, and if I don't get one now, it will be hard to find one in 2-3 years. wink wink.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in total agreement, OP. I'm 42 years old. This will NOT be the last vehicle I ever buy. I expect there to be brand refreshes and new options down the line that I'll want and will eventually swap in to.

At the end of the day, it's a depreciating asset, not an "investment" as many seem to suggest with their rhetoric and philosophies about purchasing. If you're buying cars for their investment quality, you should be going after antique, classics or limited-run models, not current-year production models.
Agreed about strictly speaking "investment". But certainly there are more or less costly methods of vehicle ownership and usage. For example:

Vehicle tax in suburban Cook County (outside of Chicago) on a new vehicle purchase is 8.25%. In that case, a $40k new Bronco will result in $3,300 tax for the buyer.

If the owner trades in the Bronco three years from now, in this location the owner only gets max $10,000 cut on taxes for the new vehicle. So for example, if trading the three year old Bronco for a $40k new Bronco, the buyer will pay tax on $30k. In that case the tax would be $2,475.

An owner who regularly buys new vehicles ever few years, is paying those mentioned taxes, and also bearing a brunt of initial depreciation that occurs in the first few years of ownership. Seems like that person is taking some financial hits. Is there a way to spin this method of buying/selling that makes it a good financial move?

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easy answer for me, yes.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am 50+. I am going to but the best possible Bronco I can configure to my liking today. If in 2 to 3 years, a more appealing version comes out that I want, then I will trade and get that version. My finances are secure and this is disposable fun money. If I was 30 and just starting a family and paying off a mortgage, etc.. I would view this much differently. I took the disciplined approach when I needed to do that. I am in a different place in life so I can.

Everybody’s circumstances are different.

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed about strictly speaking "investment". But certainly there are more or less costly methods of vehicle ownership and usage. For example:

Vehicle tax in suburban Cook County (outside of Chicago) on a new vehicle purchase is 8.25%. In that case, a $40k new Bronco will result in $3,300 tax for the buyer.

If the owner trades in the Bronco three years from now, in this location the owner only gets max $10,000 cut on taxes for the new vehicle. So for example, if trading the three year old Bronco for a $40k new Bronco, the buyer will pay tax on $30k. In that case the tax would be $2,475.

An owner who regularly buys new vehicles ever few years, is paying those mentioned taxes, and also bearing a brunt of initial depreciation that occurs in the first few years of ownership. Seems like that person is taking some financial hits. Is there a way to spin this method of buying/selling that makes it a good financial move?
I don't think anyone is trying to spin upgrading in 2-3 years as a good financial move. Some people seem to be trying to spin the purchase of buying a Bronco period as a good financial move. Which is like trying to justify a purchase of a boat. It's just a want not a need no matter how you spin it.

Good point about taxes, but I don't pay sales tax. (Oregon.) So that isn't on my radar.

Regardless if in 2 years my dream Bronco comes out I'll be buying it, even at a few grand hit.

In the mean time, I was more musing about spending 48k for something that has slightly more than what I want, vs 35k on something that has slightly less than what I want.
Sponsored