Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

30k isnt bad for an engine like that.

Problem is what would it do to the car itself? can the transmission handle something like that?

I never understood how these massive freak engine swaps work.
They change the gear box with the engine and give you the option to have a 10 speed manual with the v-8?? did I read that right? I dont know man I want torq. it only outputs 400/lbs just like the v6... stoooopid. but some people have more money than they know what to do with or just a big line of credit they can max out.. I'm cool with my 2.3L
Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesnt matter thier on hold and cant get the v8 swap to work...

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol whut?! lol just upgrade the map and turbos lmao thats insane tbh lol

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They change the gear box with the engine and give you the option to have a 10 speed manual with the v-8?? did I read that right? I dont know man I want torq. it only outputs 400/lbs just like the v6... stoooopid. but some people have more money than they know what to do with or just a big line of credit they can max out.. I'm cool with my 2.3L
you are right people see V8 and they think you going get lot more but its not true anymore.Lot of people who keep saying a real Bronco has a V8 or it needs a V8 dont know that the 2.7 has more power and torque then any V8 Ford has put in a Bronco .

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My want for a V8 has nothing to do with speed. I simply want a motor that provides the power at low mass spinning rpm’s. This is important to me since I keep vehicles forever. V8 motors have longer, more dependable life spans simply due to physics. The Coyote provides well over 400 hp on regular fuel, and nothing else required. The 5.0 in my F 150 would suffice if it was a Bronco option. I would be more apt to relinquishing my V8 fetish if these turbo motors were putting out the power while producing excellent mileage numbers. Unfortunately, they don’t.

Sponsored

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My want for a V8 has nothing to do with speed. I simply want a motor that provides the power at low mass spinning rpm’s. This is important to me since I keep vehicles forever. V8 motors have longer, more dependable life spans simply due to physics. The Coyote provides well over 400 hp on regular fuel, and nothing else required. The 5.0 in my F 150 would suffice if it was a Bronco option. I would be more apt to relinquishing my V8 fetish if these turbo motors were putting out the power while producing excellent mileage numbers. Unfortunately, they don’t.
Normally I would agree with you in this but I have to be practical. I swap V8’s into Jeeps every single day at our shop and it makes sense. The Jeep stock 3.6 just absolutely sucks. However I just picked up my 4 door Bronco with a 2.3 auto and I’m blown away with this thing in sport mode. So much so that I would imagine the 2.7 is even better and I can’t justify the Coyote as an option to customers and keep a straight face.

I actually bought the 2.3 thinking we’d yank it and build the 5.0 soon. Trust me, I’m a V8 man through and through but I don’t think the power gain over the Ecoboost engines is enough to rationalize a $30k+ swap.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normally I would agree with you in this but I have to be practical. I swap V8’s into Jeeps every single day at our shop and it makes sense. The Jeep stock 3.6 just absolutely sucks. However I just picked up my 4 door Bronco with a 2.3 auto and I’m blown away with this thing in sport mode. So much so that I would imagine the 2.7 is even better and I can’t justify the Coyote as an option to customers and keep a straight face.

I actually bought the 2.3 thinking we’d yank it and build the 5.0 soon. Trust me, I’m a V8 man through and through but I don’t think the power gain over the Ecoboost engines is enough to rationalize a $30k+ swap.
If you're "blown away" by a 2.3L, you had low expectations, is all I can say.

My 2.3L manual is fine for what it is, but it gets crap fuel mileage and sounds absolutely horrible at any revs above 2k.

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you're "blown away" by a 2.3L, you had low expectations, is all I can say.

My 2.3L manual is fine for what it is, but it gets crap fuel mileage and sounds absolutely horrible at any revs above 2k.
I did have low expectations. Go drive a brand new Jeep Wrangler with the 3.6 in it and you’ll see how good the 2.3 is.

Girard215

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500. Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well said, the coyote is simple and will outlast the turbos.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you realize the 2.7 makes boost at an ultra low 1100 rpms and make MORE torque at any rpms than your outdated 5.0. These ARE low rpm engines, and thell last a long long time. Fuel rate burn equals fuel mileage and that has nothing to do with v8 vs v6 ....it has to do with efficiency and hp produced. The 2.7 is capable of more power than the 5.0 SOooo it makes 100% sense it uses the same amount of fuel to produce those numbers. Turbos do actually make the engine more efficient. Mabey not enough for some people who expect hoonigan power with prius economy. Lol.

I personally would NEVER swap in a N/A engine...like going backwards in technology. The 5.2 supercharged 700+ hp engine would be super fun though!

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well said, the coyote is simple and will outlast the turbos.
There is 0 imperial data to back up that statement. If this were 20 years ago maybe. There is a reason EB motors are more popular than the V8 so much so that the Windsor plant has significantly wound down production.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The motor to swap in is the 7.3 godzilla HD truck motor. It is not very heavy, simple pushrodand tuned an easy 475 ft/lbs on regular. $6400. Now spend some more for electronics and a trans, but its a pretty cheap starting point.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-6007-73/make/ford
fms-m-6007-73_kb_xl.jpg

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't get me wrong I love V-8s too, but the coyote doesn't really provide power at low RPMs

the 7.3 would be a much better option

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leesnell91

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond Advanced 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny that Paxpower hasn't made a peep about this project in ages....
Sponsored