cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny that Paxpower hasn't made a peep about this project in ages....
Their website doesn't mention it. Someone in this thread a few posts back said that the project was on hold because they ran into issues. I think I saw somewhere else that a v8 swap with the bronco doesn't work because it doesn't fit. Which would be interesting because they stuff V8s into Wranglers and even Miatas.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because...

Nothing turns the head of a guy with dirt under his fingernails like high heels clicking on a floor and a V8 rumble.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Their website doesn't mention it. Someone in this thread a few posts back said that the project was on hold because they ran into issues. I think I saw somewhere else that a v8 swap with the bronco doesn't work because it doesn't fit. Which would be interesting because they stuff V8s into Wranglers and even Miatas.
The Coyote motor everyone cries for and demands in the Bronco is way bigger than they realize. All indications are it won't fit in the Bronco.

I'm sure an LS or some other V8 would, but getting that working with Fords systems is a different story.

Dropping a Hemi in a Wrangler is so much simpler. It fits and it works with the Jeeps computers.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Coyote motor everyone cries for and demands in the Bronco is way bigger than they realize. All indications are it won't fit in the Bronco.

I'm sure an LS or some other V8 would, but getting that working with Fords systems is a different story.

Dropping a Hemi in a Wrangler is so much simpler. It fits and it works with the Jeeps computers.
What about NoTraction Faction? Isn't he able to make it work?

How much heavier is a Gojira (Godzilla) compared to a 2.3 or 2.7?

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ohc coyote is a wide motor. bigger than the old OHV 302

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All this talk about 31 flavors of V8s and all I want for a swap is a small turbodiesel 4-banger.
Yes... and no; I want one, but I'd register it down south or somewhere they don't got emissions so I can delete anything they attempt to put in it so I can get longevity, power and economy

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It can be made to fit, the problem is getting all the electronic BS to work correctly. There's an australian company that stuffs coyotes into rangers, I think they said it took them like a year and half to figure out how to make the electronics all work correctly.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It can be made to fit, the problem is getting all the electronic BS to work correctly. There's an australian company that stuffs coyotes into rangers, I think they said it took them like a year and half to figure out how to make the electronics all work correctly.
To my knowledge no one has cracked the encryption on the ECU yet hence why all the modules you can buy are piggy back setups. CRP makes a stage 4 turbo upgrade for the 2.3 but it requires a custom tune so it’s just a paperweight if you buy it as of now. That with a few other mods and you have much more power than stock at the fraction of the price of the coyote swap.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll take a gm 6.2 please.