Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently you've never spoken to a Tesla owner about updates. 😆

Actually, I'm not really sure what the big deal is. It's not like we have to actively apply them. As long as nothing goes wrong, I don't really care if there are a lot of updates. And if updates bring good changes, even better.
We already had at least one member of the forum report a bricked Bronco from an update :(

I get the security thing, but holy crap - it's a car. And I really don't care what Tesla does ;)
Sponsored

OG-Surfdog

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.the65falcon.com
Vehicle(s)
'65 Falcon, '74 TR-6, '13 F150, '21 Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Updates... smupdates...!
My used '21 Black Diamond Sasquatch (AMB, 2 Dr.) should arrive middle on next week.
Had to ship it in. Takes a while to get to Hawaii.
My question is. She sat in the dealers lot for a couple months. Then spent 6 weeks enroute.
How will I know my updates are current? Will they have to load sequentially or is the latest update backwards compatible?
We are used to Over the Air Updates with my wife's '21 Mach-E. Flawless so far.
Any wisdom to impart on the Bronco side of things?
So....... No info/answers to my query??
Just degraded to infighting and random disagreements between opposite parties?
Come on guys, someone must know something.
J dog

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PITA when it restarts though, why do I need the biweekly updates anyway?
Because there are people that look for software bugs for a living. Operating systems are made up of millions of lines of code and the companies that make them are constantly adding new features which adds more code. More code ->more bugs -> bug fixes -> oops bug fix accidentally introduced new bug -> more bug fixes-> someone finds a bug that allows them to read your data -> more bug fixes. Rinse and repeat.
It's a virtuous cycle.
Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up 4.2.1.2 software update now available il_fullxfull.3994976638_3l22

Scoops McGooch

Wildtrak
First Name
Scoops
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan/Former Jeep Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not an IT person but have come to recognize that this is the way with technology. Maybe better to just accept it. In some cases these micro updates may be for security - the more tech in your vehicle, perhaps more opportunity for people to hack (and steal)?
I love some of the new cutting edge tech but at the same time equally love the thought of the analog/utilitarian features I had in my old Jeep. No computers, just you the truck and the road/terrain. IDK!

Sponsored

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does it tell you that you have been updated I hit the button 🔘 and go.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can a person be "pro-update" and "anti-update" simultaneously?

Will that unite everyone against me? 😆

I've had updates set on "auto" since new.
Sync worked until the big update.

Maps, calls and music have not worked correctly since.

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well... the only updates that i have noticed are the vehicle security one and Alexa. Which is nice, but... now Apple Carplay is working intermittently... very frustrating.... could be Apple, but still. There are as many bugs in their update process as they have in their software... This frequency of updates has made me not consider forscan adjustments...

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another UPDATE?!?!?! I swear Ford is worse than Microsoft :mad:
More updates are good.
Turned my updates off, its an offroader, not a phone
Curious why not just let the updates go through though. Is anyone here really only using their bronco off road?

Sponsored

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have mine set to update at midnight as someone else mentioned - I have no problems with updates - I kinda look forward to them in the hopes of new features

js31pilot

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IT guy here - a lot of the recent updates are following in Android's footsteps. They're breaking the parts of the system down into smaller chunks so that those chunks can easily be updated on their own. This is so that updating one thing won't cause issues with other systems.
They want to be able to update something like the overlay on the backup camera, but if it has issues, not let those issues impact the rest of the vehicle.

Yes, there's been a lot of updates lately, but it's really going to make future updates better and safer to install going forward.

Personally, I'm all for regular updates, security patches, and keeping things running smoothly.

However, I also understand that I'm in the minority, and that most people would rather things just stay how they were when they bought the vehicle. I guess those users could just turn off updates if they don't want them though...
We need you big brained guys to dumb it down for us knuckldraggers 😎.
Your explanation made perfect sense for me and I appreciate the input and help ! THIS is why the forum is invaluable!!

Nerds are awesome - thanks again sir 👊🏻

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally got updated today to the new full screen Apple Car play - absolute game changer.

See this is funny to me, I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've looked at the physical speedo in the last year of ownership. Guess it just depends on the person, that plus chip shortages is probably why we got a half digital, half physical cluster (since rumor was that high and lux originally included a separate 10 inch digital screen).
The only time I remember there is an analogue speedometer is when someone on the forum is complaining about it. That entire area is blocked by my hand and steering wheel anyways.

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well... the only updates that i have noticed are the vehicle security one and Alexa. Which is nice, but... now Apple Carplay is working intermittently... very frustrating.... could be Apple, but still. There are as many bugs in their update process as they have in their software... This frequency of updates has made me not consider forscan adjustments...
Try deleting the phone from Sync and re-adding it as a new phone if you have not. That almost always fixes that issue after an update. My Audi and Bronco both require it at times.

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IT guy here - a lot of the recent updates are following in Android's footsteps. They're breaking the parts of the system down into smaller chunks so that those chunks can easily be updated on their own. This is so that updating one thing won't cause issues with other systems.
They want to be able to update something like the overlay on the backup camera, but if it has issues, not let those issues impact the rest of the vehicle.

Yes, there's been a lot of updates lately, but it's really going to make future updates better and safer to install going forward.

Personally, I'm all for regular updates, security patches, and keeping things running smoothly.

However, I also understand that I'm in the minority, and that most people would rather things just stay how they were when they bought the vehicle. I guess those users could just turn off updates if they don't want them though...
micro-services, I have been driving a Tesla around for 5 years so I am use to updates. I am even in their full self driving beta, bleeding edge. Just be glad Ford doesn’t have anything like that :)

These updates are minor in comparison for me. Glad Ford is doing them to improve the UI. I suppose updates are a new thing for most. Time to get use to it or turn them off. Honestly it is nice when a recall can be handled over the air. Not applicable with ICE cars.

I haven’t been driving the Tesla since I picked up my Bronco a few weeks ago, I went from never visiting a gas station with free charging for life to filling up for $100 a tank at an average of 12.6 mpg, if this is not Bronco love I don’t know what is…bring on those updates Ford!
Sponsored