Sponsored

Do you think cracks in a $60k truck should be considered normal?

• Total voters

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:
Ford is stating these concerns with hardtop at the time are considered normal.. please monitor and reach back out if it worsens or more appear and I will reach back out to Ford with updated photos
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal PXL_20230127_194355596
Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal PXL_20230221_160445538

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford is just hoping those cracks stay superficial until after the warranty expires.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last edited:

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to be putting my rear clamshell MIC hardtop in for a warranty claim very soon. Will see what they say / argue. I have one small crack on the passenger side rear clamshell below the window. it's "opening up" more and more. And I'm sure it's certainly getting water/moisture in now. In fact, I did see a water droplet coming out of the crack shortly after one of my recent car washes.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received a response from the Ford dealer that worked on the warranty claim for the paint issues with my Bronco. Here's the initial thread
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-birthmarks-and-other-quality-issues.68286/

It took them 1 month to get it repainted. I had to drive a rental RAV4 all that time:mad:, but finally I received a message from a service advisor saying that the Bronco should be ready for pickup in 1 hour. I hope the body shop did a better paint job than the Ford factory.

In addition to the paint flaws, I wanted the dealer to address the cracks in the MIC hardtop while they have the truck. And here's the reply I received:

Ford Bronco Ford Says These MIC Hardtop Cracks Are Considered Normal PXL_20230221_160445538

It's sad to see that @Ford Motor Company is not even trying to cover their current quality issues with good customer service. Until just recently, I was thinking about buying a new Mustang, but after having these problems with the Bronco and the poor customer support, I think I will not buy another car from Ford until they resolve all the issues.
Looks to be around the windows in the rear clam shell. Based on link below it should in fact be covered under warranty.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ing-in-mic-2-0-roof.35198/page-5#post-1795216
5558ee75-d386-4aa8-99a6-4113f02ca587-jpeg.jpg

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Shine the beam of a flashlight parallel to /along the surface. This will make even very minor and otherwise invisible cracks or imperfections appear obvious. Use that technique and try again. I guarantee there are more cracks.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard disagree…

But, as long as there is no water intrusion I guess I don’t really care??

I find it hard to believe that’ll keep water out… and after a few freeze/thaw cycles that’s going to be an issue.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I tried twice and Ford denied to cover the cracking both times. Took it back last month after I saw reports on this site that Ford was now covering them. Dealer refused to submit a third time stating Ford has denied every hardtop claim they have submitted. I will have to travel to the next town over and try another dealer. Maybe it will be easier now with my latest crack that developed this week.

115B1180-8FEE-42A8-B1F4-13B8D7C813D9.jpeg

Also, make sure your dealer uses a good photo, the cracks are really hard to photograph with a phone. Here is the same crack from a different angle, much harder to spot that there is a serious issue.

ECA7ED46-4291-46FD-A371-64981982949F.jpeg

I would have the dealer submit both of these pics. The first captures the horizontal vein cracking, but misses the very obvious vertical crack that is raised and seems to be delaminating. The second pic doesn’t capture the vein cracking but kinda capture the raised vertical area. Both of these are obvious and can’t be missed in person from any angle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here - I don't have a MIC top, but ordered one from ADV. I sure hope their tops are much better quality.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too. Im starting to think its better to avoid the forms until there is a issue I need to investigate. Scary reading these kind of stories all the time. Makes you think that yours is next.
Sponsored