Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Observation. Ford released a well circulated concept photo of what a new bronco might look like, years ago. It showed a very distinctive grille shape ...
I think there is certainly some type of cut in front of the wheel, but you aren't going to get much out of that photo because the camo isn't even touching the grille there -- it has a flat sheet of cardboard or whatever that tapers down from the edge of the hood to the front of the bumper, several inches of dead space in between to hide all kinds of details.
Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Observation. Ford released a well circulated concept photo of what a new bronco might look like, years ago. It showed a very distinctive grille shape that was effectively a rectangle that then tapered down at the lower corners. If you look closely at the photos of the spy shot - you can see a crease in the cammo, revealing a line tapering down. A lot of people on here are noting that there are panels and padding meant to throw us off -- do guys think this is fake, or is this line an indication that the grille isn't going to be the candy bar rectangle we are all assuming?

3F2B6276-CCA0-4DDC-AD54-04E7750F41A9.jpeg

Maybe but I don’t think that’s what that is. I’m pretty sure the bumper is going to be in the shape of the Ranger Raptor and the Bronco R.

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! D2810618-B9F1-44FC-8A5E-A93F71C6E881

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 29712883-94D4-4A78-BA33-168C2F3077CF

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Better than have it and not need it than need it and not have it!
I don't know. I don't want anyone in my junk. It's a great excuse to say "Sorry, we'll have to take your junk as mine can't carry you!" haha! That's why I have my regular cab! Looks best and I don't have room.

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
Having been down the 4 door SUV (Explorer,Tahoe, Land Rover, Grand Cherokee) and 2 door (Wrangler,Explorer Sport) path many times over the past 20 odd years, I prefer the smaller vehicle. Easier to park, more room in the garage, etc.
More like a toy, a 4x4 convertible with solid performance. I like the look of a 2 door. Less family truckster. The 4 door spy photos remind me of a lifted Ford Flex... Others may need the room. Great to have the option.
My children have grown, they can drive their own.

76Gailus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco/Tesla
Yikes. I’m trying not to judge too harshly because the true size and shape is obscured so completely in these photos, but they did nothing to try to make the proportions similar to the early Bronco which is what I’ve been hoping for. For starters, couldn’t they have thrown some bigger wheels/tires on it to improve the proportions? It looks bulky and bloated in the pics and the wheels look dainty in comparison. Dainty is not a word I wanted to spring to mind on first view. I’ve been desperate to see this thing IRL but these images hurt my eyes and I wish I never saw them.

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yikes. I’m trying not to judge too harshly because the true size and shape is obscured so completely in these photos, but they did nothing to try to make the proportions similar to the early Bronco which is what I’ve been hoping for. For starters, couldn’t they have thrown some bigger wheels/tires on it to improve the proportions? It looks bulky and bloated in the pics and the wheels look dainty in comparison. Dainty is not a word I wanted to spring to mind on first view. I’ve been desperate to see this thing IRL but these images hurt my eyes and I wish I never saw them.
I thought similarly, SO I went and tried to chop a few things up in paint. Looks better if you cross your eyes a bit. But you get the idea. I chopped the padding off the roof, and the inch or two of foam they put on the hood.
Others are far more skilled than I.

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 1579188139261

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't know. I don't want anyone in my junk. It's a great excuse to say "Sorry, we'll have to take your junk as mine can't carry you!" haha! That's why I have my regular cab! Looks best and I don't have room.
See, this is exactly why I WANT a 4 door...all my vehicles have always been 2 doors, so I always have to be the one to say “well,we can’t take my car). Then I have to crawl into someone else’s stained car seats and find room to put my feet amongst soda cans and empty cigarette packs all over the floor just to nearly die when they decide to do 70 around a 20mph turn because they’re too busy playing on their phone...

know what? I’ll actually drive myself, thank you

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
See, this is exactly why I WANT a 4 door...all my vehicles have always been 2 doors, so I always have to be the one to say “well,we can’t take my car). Then I have to crawl into someone else’s stained car seats and find room to put my feet amongst soda cans and empty cigarette packs all over the floor just to nearly die when they decide to do 70 around a 20mph turn because they’re too busy playing on their phone...

know what? I’ll actually drive myself, thank you
It appears as though you need some new friends... (jokingly)

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are we sure this isn't the baby bronco?

Edit: picture comparison with an earlier leaked "baby bronco" shot. Maybe this new one is just that same test vehicle with slight body changes:

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! Future-Baby-Ford-Bronco-Prototype-Testing-July-2019-Exterior-008
Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 2021_Bronco_002

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How are we sure this isn't the baby bronco?
1. Post #1: "Behold, as we bring you the first actual (non-mule) Ford Bronco (U725) prototype"

2. Windshield rake

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 1579199996613

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 1579200197683
Sponsored