Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I once made some comments about ACT clutches online in a high HP Honda I owned ( I know oxymoron) but the President of the freaking company reached out to me for feedback. I have also beta tested products for Rally Armour for STI development. I guess being an enthusiast brings with it some perks.
Nothing wrong with Honda's, they're pimpy and got serious potential, especially with the right engine

Whatcha have now, Hatchback with a B18?
Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If ford is here and lurking. Somebody will figure out a way to put a solid axle under it if you don't. If you are going to do it, make sure its more stout than the dana 44 too. That'll give you some serious off road cred. Honestly, instead of trying to import axles, the HD dana 44 kit for the wrangler is available from DANA. Whole axle in a crate. Its not difficult to imagine them making an axle kit for the bronco too. 4 inches of lift, remove cross members from under the engine. Weld new lower profile ones. Measure back to a certain point on the frame, weld/bolt link mounts. Utilizing the stock coil buckets for some soft springs, longer shocks that let the axle droop. Beefy anti-roll bar with disconnects. Got yourself quite a toy. Somebody will do it in no time.

Oh, and the new 7.3, its small enough to fit, I'm sure of it. Work on that too ford team lurker.

I have no issues with IFS, if done right... High angle, heavy duty ball joints, and stout steering gear. I'm sure it will take most people anywhere they want to go.

Oh, I'm in engineering too, so I am to be respected and acknowledged. :crackup:

Back to what this post was originally about. From what I can see, its doing more off-road in this one video, than what most of these broncos will do in a lifetime. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be a hardcore off roader though. Essentially, if its going to talk the talk. It needs to be able to walk the walk.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another idea for our ford lurker.... Offer a special warranty. ***30k mile 3 year, abuse included warranty coverage. We'll stand behind what we are building. Its tough, if you can break it that quick, we'll fix it.*** that would bump initial sales quite a bit.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If ford is here and lurking. Somebody will figure out a way to put a solid axle under it if you don't. If you are going to do it, make sure its more stout than the dana 44 too. That'll give you some serious off road cred. Honestly, instead of trying to import axles, the HD dana 44 kit for the wrangler is available from DANA. Whole axle in a crate. Its not difficult to imagine them making an axle kit for the bronco too. 4 inches of lift, remove cross members from under the engine. Weld new lower profile ones. Measure back to a certain point on the frame, weld/bolt link mounts. Utilizing the stock coil buckets for some soft springs, longer shocks that let the axle droop. Beefy anti-roll bar with disconnects. Got yourself quite a toy. Somebody will do it in no time.

Oh, and the new 7.3, its small enough to fit, I'm sure of it. Work on that too ford team lurker.

I have no issues with IFS, if done right... High angle, heavy duty ball joints, and stout steering gear. I'm sure it will take most people anywhere they want to go.

Oh, I'm in engineering too, so I am to be respected and acknowledged. :crackup:

Back to what this post was originally about. From what I can see, its doing more off-road in this one video, than what most of these broncos will do in a lifetime. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be a hardcore off roader though. Essentially, if its going to talk the talk. It needs to be able to walk the walk.
doesn't Ford already build this ?????? think its called the Troller :like:

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Another idea for our ford lurker.... Offer a special warranty. ***30k mile 3 year, abuse included warranty coverage. We'll stand behind what we are building. Its tough, if you can break it that quick, we'll fix it.*** that would bump initial sales quite a bit.
Love the idea of that, but these major companies make HUGE $$$ on spare part sales. So I would say slim to none on that sadly.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
doesn't Ford already build this ?????? think its called the Troller :like:
Yep, thats why I mentioned having to import axles. Ford COULD do it. Make a SFA variant of the bronco, but just because they can, doesn't mean they will.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bore spacing significantly more than coyote could be an issue.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bore spacing significantly more than coyote could be an issue.
Can't remember where i read it. But the godzilla 7.3, is physically significantly smaller than the coyote 5.0 in width, slightly smaller in length, and i think it might be a touch taller. Either way, if ford did put it in the bronco. I will sell everything I have to buy one. Luckily I dont think they will. Which is good, I like my tools.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't remember where i read it. But the godzilla 7.3, is physically significantly smaller than the coyote 5.0 in width, slightly smaller in length, and i think it might be a touch taller. Either way, if ford did put it in the bronco. I will sell everything I have to buy one. Luckily I dont think they will. Which is good, I like my tools.
Oh snap, really?

I'm terrible with figuring out the actual size, but if that's the case, then I'll take Gojira there in a heartbeat

Also, just for fun:

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh snap, really?

I'm terrible with figuring out the actual size, but if that's the case, then I'll take Gojira there in a heartbeat

Also, just for fun:

Tires, skid plate, off road tires, and most important disconnecting the sway bar … Let it flex.

Driver's ability has ALOT to do with it and the right spotter (did you hear him on the radio) . Looks like it's 'gonna need a little body work when done also.

I only watched it once but ….. wheel base has a lot to do with it and to be quite honest I bet my Explorer with some "prep" work could manage a good show.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tires, skid plate, off road tires, and most important disconnecting the sway bar … Let it flex.

Driver's ability has ALOT to do with it and the right spotter (did you hear him on the radio) . Looks like it's 'gonna need a little body work when done also.

I only watched it once but ….. wheel base has a lot to do with it and to be quite honest I bet my Explorer with some "prep" work could manage a good show.
Just saw it on the JL board and before I read the rebuttal, figured why not share it

True, bet my parents Range Rover's could manage that as well

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@ 1/2 inch larger bore, seems unlikely it is smaller in length, but I can;t find actual dimension anywhere.
Obviously if a 7.3 was dropped in, I would be buying one day one. Even a 5.0/SFA combo might
make me pony up close to $50K.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ 1/2 inch larger bore, seems unlikely it is smaller in length, but I can;t find actual dimension anywhere.
Obviously if a 7.3 was dropped in, I would be buying one day one. Even a 5.0/SFA combo might
make me pony up close to $50K.
So if the two make similar power, what's the difference between the Coyote and Godzilla

Assuming the latter weigh less and revs lower

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So if the two make similar power, what's the difference between the Coyote and Godzilla

Assuming the latter weigh less and revs lower
Pushrod vs Overhead Cam. Pushrod engines make power a lot lower generally speaking. Less internal parts (camshafts).
I'm sure someone with much more mechanical knowledge will give a more detailed breakdown lol.

Think the old 5.0 EFI mustang of 1995 vs 4.6 of 1996. Both rated at same peak hp and torque but if you've driven both (I've owned both) the 5.0 just has so much more low end and you really have to push the 4.6.
Sponsored