Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's what I'd like to see as well.
I'm concerned about the CV angles with the lift on the 37's based on the angle of the outer passenger CV boot that you can see in one of those pics. Perhaps the pic doesn't tell the whole story, but it's is one of the items that concerns me with IFS and lifting to accommodate 37's.
Concerned about blowing one? I figure it would be resolved or considered with the factory lift/warranty. Maybe they have a cradle drop then we can worry about the CV on the driveshaft like jk/jl'so_O
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow. 35x12.5x17. I'm surprised it isn't the metric numbers instead.

Just realized that the grill is a BB but it has the signature headlights. And it might be silver and not white. Guess I'm late to the game on that realization...
The grilles from the FE ,OBX, BB and WT are all the same with the exception of the color on the BB. You are right, the concept vehicle has silver, not white color, but it is deceiving in some lighting situations. I am hoping that the silver can be ordered.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are the tires on the CG ford tires?
No and none of the tires on any Bronco are. My point is the fact that the wheels are aftermarket satisfies Fords disclaimer about the vehicles having aftermarket accessories, and so doesn’t necessarily mean the top and interior won’t be available.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The grilles from the FE ,OBX, BB and WT are all the same with the exception of the color on the BB. You are right, the concept vehicle has silver, not white color, but it is deceiving in some lighting situations. I am hoping that the silver can be ordered.
Not a “concept” vehicle, it’s a “prototype”.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I just think it makes a difference because a “concept” is less likely to have the characteristics of the production vehicle, where a “prototype” is closer to what will actually be made.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Concerned about blowing one? I figure it would be resolved or considered with the factory lift/warranty. Maybe they have a cradle drop then we can worry about the CV on the driveshaft like jk/jl'so_O
Binding and very premature boot wear.
No clue what a drop cradle is, never owned a Jeep. But correction of angry CV axles is not very easy to overcome without decreasing ground clearance or lift height (think diff drop or a stupid drop bracket..neither of which Ford will offer, thank god).

Anyway...still nothing from Ford yet that states they will in fact offer anything to accommodate 37's (despite all the glamor shots the past few months). IF they offered a dealer installed lift option then you are correct CV and axles issues would be covered under warranty, provided they don't call you out for 37 inch tires that will no way come as a factory or dealer installed option, IMO.
Tire size does't effect CV angle much, the lift does.
I really hope Ford has a solution for 37's because the 2.7 motor would be a great match.
If not I'll be in a Rubicon and live with the 3.6 e torque motor.

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No and none of the tires on any Bronco are. My point is the fact that the wheels are aftermarket satisfies Fords disclaimer about the vehicles having aftermarket accessories, and so doesn’t necessarily mean the top and interior won’t be available.
How much would it cost to have a top painted white? I am just curious; i am going with soft top

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Binding and very premature boot wear.
No clue what a drop cradle is, never owned a Jeep. But correction of angry CV axles is not very easy to overcome without decreasing ground clearance or lift height (think diff drop or a stupid drop bracket..neither of which Ford will offer, thank god).

Anyway...still nothing from Ford yet that states they will in fact offer anything to accommodate 37's (despite all the glamor shots the past few months). IF they offered a dealer installed lift option then you are correct CV and axles issues would be covered under warranty, provided they don't call you out for 37 inch tires that will no way come as a factory or dealer installed option, IMO.
Tire size does't effect CV angle much, the lift does.
I really hope Ford has a solution for 37's because the 2.7 motor would be a great match.
If not I'll be in a Rubicon and live with the 3.6 e torque motor.
Right, We are talking about the same thing. I just called it a cradle referencing the bracket style. I too hope its not needed. I also hope they dont tease us with 37's that wouldnt be backed up by some kind of factory warranty. If not, RCV would solve that.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Right, We are talking about the same thing. I just called it a cradle referencing the bracket style. I too hope its not needed. I also hope they dont tease us with 37's that wouldnt be backed up by some kind of factory warranty. If not, RCV would solve that.
RCV axles still cannot solve for limitations on lift height for IFS. Yes, they have strong axles, but they cannot accommodate a lift any higher than a standard axle with keeping CV boot legit and I've used the high angle red boots with mixed results. I went through this same exercise on my 5th Gen 4Runner. Now, if the Bronco can in fact get away with only a 2 inch lift with 37's I think the CV angles will be fine. There is a ton of room in those wheel wells, so thats a great starting point.

Last edited:

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Roast interior, still best by far!

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much would it cost to have a top painted white? I am just curious; i am going with soft top
I guess it depends on how good of a job you want done. With paint, you get what you pay for. You have to prep it first, and once you do that, you are committed.

If it were me, I would just spray it with white Plastidip first. Just tape off the glass and go to town. Maybe $75-$100 worth of Plastidip? Then if there are some bad spots you can always just spray more to correct. And if you decide you don’t like it, you can just peel it off or spray it off with a pressure washer. I would prefer that to a painted surface anyway. For one reason I would want the top to be either a flat, satin, or maybe semi-gloss finish like the old white tops were, and which Plastidip is and not a glossy white like the painted tops would be.

But I’m going with the soft top too!

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like the White top. I'm looking at an Oxford White BD now but if they have a white top option, I could be easily convinced to switch to Antimatter Blue.
Sponsored