Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pushrod vs Overhead Cam. Pushrod engines make power a lot lower generally speaking. Less internal parts (camshafts).
I'm sure someone with much more mechanical knowledge will give a more detailed breakdown lol.

Think the old 5.0 EFI mustang of 1995 vs 4.6 of 1996. Both rated at same peak hp and torque but if you've driven both (I've owned both) the 5.0 just has so much more low end and you really have to push the 4.6.
Gotcha

In that case, bring out Gojira and a manual that can handle that beast. Also would get tasteful rice with a Godzilla badge on the side

Wait a second, LS motors are Pushrods, so essentially bored/stroked LS7 vs Coyote in a nutshell
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So if the two make similar power, what's the difference between the Coyote and Godzilla

Assuming the latter weigh less and revs lower
Torque from the CI, especially under 1500 and really especially off idle. Coyote is soft off idle
unless you drop a TVS on it, so at least that would be an option if a coyote came factory.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Torque, especially under 1500 and really especially off idle. Coyote is soft off idle
unless you drop a TVS on it, so at least that would be an option if a coyote came factory.
No wonder JDM recommends supercharging it vs Turbos

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WOW ……..I have been out of the loop for some reason I had not heard of Godzilla. Did you say … GODZILLA !!! Just had a customer in the shop asking questions about it. Now here we are chatting about it. Life is wild. Anyway, I did a little research looks to me like they redid the small block and streamlined it, kinda like GM did with the 350 to the LS to make it a smaller package to fit the new technology, i.e no distributor, no fuel pump boss, cooling passage upgrades etc. BIG INCH SMALL BLOCK gobs of torque compared to a 4.6 !!!! That thing would kill a 5.0 with all its "cam phasing" trickery.:bandit: Hey Randy if you drove a 95 5.0 then you should drive a well prepped 87 5.0 it's like the difference between the 95 5.0 and the 4.6 you describe. 94 got restyling update … here we go again with trying to "refined it" , lowered hood line, shorter intake plus the 5.0 had ALOT of cam revisions over the years changing the curves in power around. I could go on for a long time with this but we are in the bronco forum not a mustang forum.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No wonder JDM recommends supercharging it vs Turbos
Honestly too much torque with 2WD on the street.
I tried a nice smokey burnout with 305 MT DR's (literally digging into asphault).
Then tried to launch in my driveway with tires hot, might as well have been $87, 215's
or something. I'm not really sure any tire combo would work with that on the street......

Would be super fun with AWD/4WD though.

Ford Bronco Ford posts official Bronco mule off-road testing video 20171013_164512

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly too much torque with 2WD on the street.
I tried a nice smokey burnout with 305 MT DR's (literally digging into asphault).
Then tried to launch in my driveway with tires hot, might as well have been $87, 215's
or something. I'm not really sure any tire combo would work with that on the street......

Would be super fun with AWD/4WD though.

Ford Bronco Ford posts official Bronco mule off-road testing video 20171013_164512
Damn, I need to do that soon

Be my personal badge of honor, but none of my vehicles have LSD's, just lockers and opens

Btw, you ever go off-roading near Reed Road?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
WOW ……..I have been out of the loop for some reason I had not heard of Godzilla. Did you say … GODZILLA !!! Just had a customer in the shop asking questions about it. Now here we are chatting about it. Life is wild. Anyway, I did a little research looks to me like they redid the small block and streamlined it, kinda like GM did with the 350 to the LS to make it a smaller package to fit the new technology, i.e no distributor, no fuel pump boss, cooling passage upgrades etc. BIG INCH SMALL BLOCK gobs of torque compared to a 4.6 !!!! That thing would kill a 5.0 with all its "cam phasing" trickery.:bandit: Hey Randy if you drove a 95 5.0 then you should drive a well prepped 87 5.0 it's like the difference between the 95 5.0 and the 4.6 you describe. 94 got restyling update … here we go again with trying to "refined it" , lowered hood line, shorter intake plus the 5.0 had ALOT of cam revisions over the years changing the curves in power around. I could go on for a long time with this but we are in the bronco forum not a mustang forum.
Yeah, 430 in my T-bird was rated 485 (gross) torque. Even with a 2.90 rear gear and crappy 3 speed auto,
off idle response is absolutely crazy. No modern motor with fly by wire can match it.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, 430 in my T-bird was rated 485 (gross) torque. Even with a 2.90 rear gear and crappy 3 speed auto,
off idle response is absolutely crazy. No modern motor with fly by wire can match it.
I wish they'd bring back throttle cables

Remind me, why'd they switch to Fbw?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If my wife ever wins the lottery I'm buying myself a Kaase Boss 9, those Hemi heads and BIG INCH big block ford on pump gas make some INCREDIBLE numbers, to put in my FOX. Nothing beats a well built pushrod engine.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my wife ever wins the lottery I'm buying myself a Kaase Boss 9, those Hemi heads and BIG INCH big block ford on pump gas make some INCREDIBLE numbers, to put in my FOX. Nothing beats a well built pushrod engine.
my bored/stroked 460 is at around 600 horses. running pump gas with 11.5:1 comp and a slightly reworked block and very reworked heads. she also turns 7k RPM. 513ci

Sponsored

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I really hope the wishful thinking about the option for a SFA is true. Watching that thing pick the front end up like some lame crossover @0:30 really turned my stomach.
Amen... Makes me wanna find those posts from IFS proponents about how well a "well setup IFS" can do on the rocks.

That garbage has as much wheel travel as a fox body mustang or crown vic...

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can't remember where i read it. But the godzilla 7.3, is physically significantly smaller than the coyote 5.0 in width, slightly smaller in length, and i think it might be a touch taller.
Nope, 7.3 is longer and taller... in fact, it's significantly longer, to the point that the engine alone wouldn't fit in a Mustang without cutting into the firewall

So if the two make similar power, what's the difference between the Coyote and Godzilla

Assuming the latter weigh less and revs lower
"Godzilla" is a truck engine, Coyote is a sports car engine. Godzilla is pushrod and made to make power just above idle, whereas Coyote is made to rev out high and make power at the very top of the rev range. Coyote is overall smaller and lighter, revs higher but doesn't make as much torque (essentially meaning same speed but less likely to spin tires), whereas Godzilla is bigger and heavier, makes gobs of torque but hits fuel cut about 2000rpm lower, and would probably roast tires from idle but lose steam after that

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Where did you find Godzilla dimensions?
Back when the engine first came out, an engineer gave the dimensions in an article. Can't seem to find it, but I explicitly remember it because there was a 200+ page thread on Mustang6g about some idiot wanting to swap their Coyote out for a Godzilla

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, 7.3 is longer and taller... in fact, it's significantly longer, to the point that the engine alone wouldn't fit in a Mustang without cutting into the firewall

"Godzilla" is a truck engine, Coyote is a sports car engine. Godzilla is pushrod and made to make power just above idle, whereas Coyote is made to rev out high and make power at the very top of the rev range. Coyote is overall smaller and lighter, revs higher but doesn't make as much torque (essentially meaning same speed but less likely to spin tires), whereas Godzilla is bigger and heavier, makes gobs of torque but hits fuel cut about 2000rpm lower, and would probably roast tires from idle but lose steam after that
Makes even more sense
Sponsored