Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You guys have some crazy bikes on here! Very high end and specialized kit.

Last time in the Netherlands visiting friends they spoke about their entire nation becoming 3-4 lbs heavier per person, on average, as a result of electric bikes becoming more prevalent. And in a society which has the bicycle as nearly universal personal transportation, it's a big change.

All I have to share is the new shift knob for the 3-speed suicide shifter on the stretched cruiser, which is probably not everybody's cup of tea based on the bikes seen on here.

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread icm_fullxfull.283041803_7iekkyo6fs4k4k0ck8o8

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread icm_fullxfull.283166533_hh9y9onzb8oo00c0wco
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys have some crazy bikes on here! Very high end and specialized kit.

Last time in the Netherlands visiting friends they spoke about their entire nation becoming 3-4 lbs heavier per person, on average, as a result of electric bikes becoming more prevalent. And in a society which has the bicycle as nearly universal personal transportation, it's a big change.

All I have to share is the new shift knob for the 3-speed suicide shifter on the stretched cruiser, which is probably not everybody's cup of tea based on the bikes seen on here.

wait, what? wtf is that?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
wait, what? wtf is that?
Its a custom shift handle for the shifter on my bike. Being only a 3 speed with coaster brake, and full kustom, it doesn't have the thumb shifters which are common on modern bikes.

This is the shift knob which came on the lever (test-fitting the standard bracket with zip ties, don't hate!).... I'm fabricating brackets so that the shifter can be closer to the spokes.

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread shifter 2

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread 105038870_552468848965846_3942761053396592836_n

Sponsored

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If still looking for suggestions on a trail bike, I would highly recommend looking at Canyon bikes. I got a Neuron AL7.0 this year, and was by far the best value on the market for the components it offers.

cn1.jpg

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its a custom shift handle for the shifter on my bike. Being only a 3 speed with coaster brake, and full kustom, it doesn't have the thumb shifters which are common on modern bikes.

This is the shift knob which came on the lever (test-fitting the standard bracket with zip ties, don't hate!).... I'm fabricating brackets so that the shifter can be closer to the spokes.

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread cn1

Ford Bronco The Bike Thread cn1
but where does that custom made one go on the bike? pardon my ignorance lol

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i was looking at the spectral al 5.0, but it mysteriously disappeared of their website. this is the old link.
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mounta...e=BK&dwvar_2229_pv_rahmengroesse=M&quantity=1
I think they are changing the names/consolidating of some of the trim levels for some of their bikes. What used to be the "AL 5.0" is now just the "Spectral 7." Link here: https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mounta...l-7/2674.html?dwvar_2674_pv_rahmenfarbe=TQ/BK

Spec wise should be the same as what the AL5.0 used to be, they are just doing a better job of scaling their spec levels to the numbers and being consistent with other lines. Instead of "AL" noting aluminum, they just omit the prefix if it's aluminum, but specify "CF" for carbon fiber, high spec starts at 9.0, going down to 7 and then 6 if they have a spec that low. That website looks different every time they release a new bike with how the trims are named, but I think we will see the rest of their bikes start to shift to the new naming scheme as they get released.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they are changing the names/consolidating of some of the trim levels for some of their bikes. What used to be the "AL 5.0" is now just the "Spectral 7." Link here: https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral/spectral-7/2674.html?dwvar_2674_pv_rahmenfarbe=TQ/BK

Spec wise should be the same as what the AL5.0 used to be, they are just doing a better job of scaling their spec levels to the numbers and being consistent with other lines. Instead of "AL" noting aluminum, they just omit the prefix if it's aluminum, but specify "CF" for carbon fiber, high spec starts at 9.0, going down to 7 and then 6 if they have a spec that low. That website looks different every time they release a new bike with how the trims are named, but I think we will see the rest of their bikes start to shift to the new naming scheme as they get released.
i was wondering that because it was the same price... thinking about a haro shift r9 now. 170mm travel on the front, 160mm on the back.
https://harobikes.com/collections/dual-suspension/products/shift-r9-27-5-2021

Sponsored

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i was wondering that because it was the same price... thinking about a haro shift r9 now. 170mm travel on the front, 160mm on the back.
https://harobikes.com/collections/dual-suspension/products/shift-r9-27-5-2021
I don't know too much about Haro for mtbs, more familiar back when I used to bmx. I would look otherwise for a few reasons but definitely depends on where you will ride. I think other brands are a safer call in terms of quality and more up to date on frame geometry, whereas Haro is just catching up.

Also, I wouldnt shop more than 150mm F/150mm R travel unless you live in flatter terrain or for a bike park lift day. More than 150mm makes peddling very inefficient because you burn forward energy by putting it down into the suspension. We have all the terrain in COS you could imagine, and there is no need for more than 150mm. The last argument is FOR 29" tires. It is better, people just haven't sold themselves yet if they say otherwise. What's your budget? I would suggest the YT Jeffsy, Canyon Spectral/Neuron/Strive, Commencal Meta TR, or the Nukeproof Reactor or Mega.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know too much about Haro for mtbs, more familiar back when I used to bmx. I would look otherwise for a few reasons but definitely depends on where you will ride. I think other brands are a safer call in terms of quality and more up to date on frame geometry, whereas Haro is just catching up.

Also, I wouldnt shop more than 150mm F/150mm R travel unless you live in flatter terrain or for a bike park lift day. More than 150mm makes peddling very inefficient because you burn forward energy by putting it down into the suspension. We have all the terrain in COS you could imagine, and there is no need for more than 150mm. The last argument is FOR 29" tires. It is better, people just haven't sold themselves yet if they say otherwise. What's your budget? I would suggest the YT Jeffsy, Canyon Spectral/Neuron/Strive, Commencal Meta TR, or the Nukeproof Reactor or Mega.
i just recently decided on around 3000. on my current hardtail i have about 160mm and i live in normandy park(pretty flat, haven't a chance to do much mtbing coz of quarantine). i do have one kicker and got about 3/4 up the stanchion. don't want to bottom out often so yeah. also the forks and shocks on the shift have lockout sooo?