Sponsored

Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many are not short-sighted, some just understand there will still be gas 10 years from now, the original question.
I don't see where he said 'gas' would run out in 10 years, he was worried his Bronco would be worthless in 5-10 years. With depreciation what it is in 10 years it just might be, especially with the expected influx of both Hybrid and full electric as well as Hydrogen powered vehicles. Fossil fuels will run out at some point, as it takes millions of years for nature to make oil from decomposing plants, and we do use a lot. So it is a good thing that we are not practicing crisis management and waiting until the pumps suck air to explore alternatives.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Factory manual transmissions will be gone before fossil fuels.

I want one last non-sports car manual transmission before I can't shift anymore.

When the technology is there for a Bronco that's all electric with 600-1000 miles of off-road range, then I'll get one.

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rivian R1T in neutral steer mode, all electric.
Can you imagine getting stuck out in the backcountry on a tough Trail with a mechanical like a flat and your battery starts to run low. no thanks no how no way. Extra gas cans and I'm good to go.

Sponsored

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at the brown outs in CA. We don't have the power grid to handle everybody having electric cars in the US and it will take a lot longer than 5 or 10 years to get there just from that aspect. Not saying it's not a good idea to head that way but your worried about something that won't be a issue for you till way after that Bronco is a classic!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you imagine getting stuck out in the backcountry on a tough Trail with a mechanical like a flat and your battery starts to run low. no thanks no how no way. Extra gas cans and I'm good to go.
That's my biggest gripe about all electric, better carry some solar panels :), 400 miles range doesn't mean squat when your off road!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I want to shift gears. If an electric Bronco could do that, I’d be all in.

KJM76

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If any of you haven't driven an electric vehicle I highly recommend it. And I'm not talking about your father-in-law's Prius or one of those crappy compliance vehicles. Go drive a Tesla. The instant power will throw you back in your seat.

I was looking at the Rivian but I'm worried about the reliability of a start up. I was pleased to see Ford's investment in them and was hoping to see an F150 roll out on the Rivian skateboard backed by a Ford warranty but I think Covid pushed those plans back.

GMC is rolling out the Hummer truck, reveal is on 10/20/20. That roof looks amazing and I like the towing capacity. 0-60 in 3 seconds doesn't suck either. It's a bit more pricey than the Bronco at a $70K starting price though. I think I'm going to stick with the Bronco unless the Hummer really blows me away.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to shift gears. If an electric Bronco could do that, I’d be all in.
One of those British car shows, High Voltage maybe, is about a company that does conversions. They recently did one in a VW where they did attach a 5 speed to the electric motor.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model