Sponsored

Anyone else hoping that there will be a reveal of a fully electric Bronco? Or pretty much happy with the gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t want a fully electric off road vehicle. What happens when you run out of charge in the middle of the desert? A gas can can’t help you.

A hybrid would be cool like the F150 Powerboost but a full plug in EV would be worthless.
What would happen?? Solar and wind powered Bronco to the rescue!!! ?
Or maybe they can find a way to fuel it with farts.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here but aren't the battery systems fairly shock sensitive? That is something that would have to be over came For an EV or Hybrid.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reminds me of: gas, grass, or *ss; no one rides for free ?
Finally heard that song about a month ago!

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the same, I’m worried about the availability of gasoline. That’s why I bought a 6.4L Challenger.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel the same, I’m worried about the availability of gasoline. That’s why I bought a 6.4L Challenger.
I’m starting to think the 7.3L F250 may end up being my next daily driver. I’m glad there’s at least once segment Ford hasn’t lost their nuts.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m starting to think the 7.3L F250 may end up being my next daily driver. I’m glad there’s at least once segment Ford hasn’t lost their nuts.
That engine is insane!!

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d prefer to have a steam turbine and coal fired boiler trailing behind my off-road EV.
Rollin coal in the ok bron-coal!

OP
OP
midwestpilot

midwestpilot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see where he said 'gas' would run out in 10 years, he was worried his Bronco would be worthless in 5-10 years. With depreciation what it is in 10 years it just might be, especially with the expected influx of both Hybrid and full electric as well as Hydrogen powered vehicles. Fossil fuels will run out at some point, as it takes millions of years for nature to make oil from decomposing plants, and we do use a lot. So it is a good thing that we are not practicing crisis management and waiting until the pumps suck air to explore alternatives.
Like someone was talking about with the DC-3, I do think ICE vehicles will be around for a long time, but the economics will change. Its anyone's guess how much. I bet that electric storage solutions will, with enough market demand, produce vehicles with the range and expandable battery packs to legitimately offroad long trails. Maybe not in the next 5, but it will happen, it has to. And much like the DC-3, my gas bronco will still exist, but it might be prohibitively expensive to run for the layman.

BP wasn't talking about peak oil supply, they're talking about peak oil DEMAND. They themselves have acknowledged that renewable demand is outpacing oil at a fast enough rate that economics will push people towards electric. I appreciate all the discussion though! Will probably buy an ICE and try to flip it for a hybrid or electric down the line and just suck it up. It's too cool of a vehicle to worry too much.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly I think if it could just be fueled on anxiety we’d be all set. The way everyone’s been stressing about the build and price everyone on here is practically vibrating with enough energy to drive it halfway across the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.