The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wholeheartedly agree with you on the 2.7. I thought about the base, but the wife has me on the Badlands. She wins.
Are you going 2.3 Badlands?
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you going 2.3 Badlands?
That is a tough question brother. I want the MT; however, the 2.7 is such an incredible engine. I was focused on your 2.7 comment. For the past month or so I have been leaning on the bigger engine. Frankly, if I was faced with obtaining the 2.3 before the 2.7 I can live with it. I have always thought the power of the 2.3 is damn good.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is a tough question brother. I want the MT; however, the 2.7 is such an incredible engine. I was focused on your 2.7 comment. For the past month or so I have been leaning on the bigger engine. Frankly, if I was faced with obtaining the 2.3 before the 2.7 I can live with it. I have always thought the power of the 2.3 is damn good.
Yeah both the 2.3 and 2.7 engines are excellent choices. You can't go wrong with either. I still don't know for sure which one I will chose in the end. For me it will probably be a last minute decision depending on how much money I want to spend.

If I go 2.3 I'm doing the 93 Octane tune and giving it the same power as the stock 2.7. Im going Sasquatch so whichever i chose it will be with the Automatic.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah both the 2.3 and 2.7 engines are excellent choices. You can't go wrong with either. I still don't know for sure which one I will chose in the end. For me it will probably be a last minute decision depending on how much money I want to spend.

If I go 2.3 I'm doing the 93 Octane tune and giving it the same power as the stock 2.7. Im going Sasquatch so whichever i chose it will be with the Automatic.
Exaclty, BnP, How much is the pull out bed, door bags, top option, 5th wheel hitch, tint, and what ever other options I have yet to hear of? 2.3 will do, but then again, 2.7..............

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can buy a Badlands or Wildtrak, now, because it will give us a couple years to fall in love with Bronco, before it comes out!!!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the amount Ford has on it's plate now, it's not likely this will come out for several years. People are worried about ADM now on the yet to be built Bronco's. Wait until that one shows up. I think the asking probably won't get you enough more than what's being offered now to justify it.

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I'm really confused after reading this post on the forum,,,

Via Truck Trend article:

“Even more interesting is a reply from the official Ford account in the comments which states that the vehicle in question will be announced in the "fall" and will be available for ordering in "December". They end the response with "Saddle up" leaving no doubt that the camo flying machine is in fact a Bronco.”

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/ford-teases-flying-2021-bronco-raptor-warthog

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if it has SFA?
Because you know it won't. It's a Raptor version of the Bronco. The Raptor is not a rock crawler. The Warthog won't be either.

The fact that he feels one vehicles is too expensive compared to another, the very question posed by the OP, does not constitute "whining about price."

Besides, I agree with him.
I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't say anything about the OP "whining about price". My answer to the question posted as why buy Badlands or Wildtrak is simple. The Warthog will be too expensive.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just buy the Raptor Warthog T-shirt and stick to a 2.7, which is plenty. The interior might have a slight refresh look and I'm sure there will be a added look to the hood and maybe some fender flares , but they're will be plenty aftermarket parts the bronco if you want a special look.
Raptor Warthog = $$$$

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Per a story on the other Bronco board...the Warthog (or whatever they end up calling it) will be available for the 2021 model year.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Auto only? 4dr only? V6tt only? Sorry I'm sticking w/badlands! If there are new suspension upgrades I can order that stuff right at the parts dept!

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Per a story on the other Bronco board...the Warthog (or whatever they end up calling it) will be available for the 2021 model year.
If that ends up being true, then Mike Levine’s tweet about some exciting upcoming news will get the biggest a Blue Check Mark!
If Ford keep this hidden and it is in fact a 2021 release they have some serious Spy Game level Kung Foo.

Weedwaka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR1, Mustang, Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup they will stuff a 10 speed auto in any Raptor / Warthog and ruin the fun.
Sponsored