Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Again, we won’t actually know until B&P. They could have changed the 4D specs to manual-standard and auto-optional and forgot to change the pricing, or just didn’t want to throw out a random number for pricing when they know B&P will resolve all of this.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You would think a major change like this would be communicated by some one at Ford to the customer base if they had someone who could do the job with competence.
On the night of the Reveal, July 13th, Ford made available for download the below pdf. This document has been shown in multiple threads on Bronco6g.

From Day 1, the Base always had the Manual transmission as Standard.

Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 1600289296891

Attachments

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I get how you like to choose your words carefully and many times try as hard as possible to narrow down into a very precise meaning for each word. But that line up there doesn't cut it this time.

There are base vehicles which are stripped down, bare bones. I get that. Ford's version (in this case) is of a Base Trim Level, and as seen in the photo below, they do in fact offer a Base 4 door.

Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 1600289296891

So with that said, I as well am a bit perturbed by the fact that the Base 4 Door doesn't come with an auto trans as has been originally shown to be the case when Ford 1st released info on the Bronco. And yes, the ADDED cost over what you see for going from one 2 door version to a 4 door version in 'my opinion' is bullshit with the extra jump you see in the Base. My reasoning is simple.. I've gone back and forth between the Base and Big Bend trims (assuming to go with the Squatch package), and at that time, the 4 door base with the Standard auto trans WAS playing out to be the best deal... Now... Not so much.
I doubt that Bronco forums will act much differently than Ranger forums did when the initial B&P went live for them.

The conversion rate from reservations to orders will be about 30-50%.

A huge number of people (Out of the very small population of prospective Bronco owners on these digital pages) will quickly find that this is not the year 1980, or 2000, or even 2010 and that the Bronco they have lusted for, with every option they assumed was going to be either free, or $500, maybe even $525 (if Ford was trying to price-gouge them) is actually $1,200 and their "projected" $32,000 Bronco is actually $38,000 plus destination and delivery so they make an angry post that Ford wasn't "listening to them", and that the Bronco will be a massive sales flop, only moving 100,000 units a year for the next few years, then leaving.

Followed shortly by a whole new raft of folks fresh off the order sheets who want to tell you about the awesome deal they got on a $38,000 Bronco that had everything they wanted!

FYI: You got me good hard and deep on that one! Yes, $28,500 is the base 2-door price with no options and $33,200 is the base 4-door price with no options.
I'll take a slice of pineapple pie thrown at my face from 5 paces, and a liberal dose of ketchup, please.
Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 5DxOglG[1]

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Again, we won’t actually know until B&P. They could have changed the 4D specs to manual-standard and auto-optional and forgot to change the pricing, or just didn’t want to throw out a random number for pricing when they know B&P will resolve all of this.
Squarepantsgiphy.gif

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I don’t get the price difference between the base 2 and 4 door and why the gap is so big. Maybe the 4 door base has things that ford hasn’t released yet or something, I don’t know. But I don’t get all the hate for the 2.3 eco boost. It will have great get up and go especially considering the hearing. The 2.7 is probably overkill but will probably feel more usable on the higher trims that actually weigh around 5k pounds. It would probably pull better too, so I get that.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perhaps, this is part of the survey response? People are asking for all sorts of changes. As soon as Ford changes something, everyone goes nuts.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From Day 1, the Base always had the Manual transmission as Standard.
The Only Gripe is why put 2 different things in the same Website by Ford, if Only " the Base 2 and 4 Door always had the Manual transmission as Standard from Day 1" then people would not have been pissed at this new change. They would just take it as received. Like a God Given Gift.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
To go from a 2.3L I4 w/manual transmission to the 2.7L V6 /auto transmission is $3500 as far as the survey pricing is concerned.
I was under the impression 4dr comes standard with auto

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed, All the people who Reserved 4 Door Base should email Ford and ask them to Increase the 2 Door Base Price by just $ 2,205 and lets see what happens? and call it even and its the same difference across all the Trims.
I was under the impression 4dr comes standard with auto
Not anymore. It's been fixed on the Bronco website. Manuals are standard for every trim now.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just hope that the 2DR to 4DR price change will then fall in line with the rest of the trim levels. If it does it should look like this?:

New Base 4Dr30705
Auto1,600
Destination1,495
Aux Switches300
Sasquatch5,000
41,000​

So with my calculations, this will actually be better if the Base 4DR is only $2495 more than the 2DR like on BB and BD. Saves about a grand.

Guess we will have to wait!!!

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TheYetiKid

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if it would be possible to make Ford stick with what was listed originally when it comes time to order by having a screenshot of the information on the original page? When I bought my 2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost, they had mistakenly put a price sticker meant for a 2011 XLT that was on the lot at $19,300. They admitted the mistake and the truck was supposed to be priced at $23K. I asked them, "So are you going to honor the price you had on the vehicle, because if not, I'll walk away." Only reason I thought to ask was because my credit union was like, "That truck appraises way above $19.3k." Needless to say, they gave me the truck at the price listed on the sticker. I mean it is kind of bait and switch lol. Their QA team should have caught that mistake before it ever went live on the web.

I think with only $100 down, and nothing being a true offer of vehicle, and all pictures and everything else saying pre-production and things like that. Including lots of notices about those things changing. Not the same aS sticker on a specific vehicle.
Sponsored