Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the timing of the Bronco Raptor is accurate, some may actually have a credible excuse to bail on what we have now. I can see a lot of people buying loaded upper trims waiting or switching.
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The "I'm out" one we are going to get soon when B&P comes out is that they cannot get the equipment they want for ~$35k that seems to be a common value cited here. For an example, a Wrangler Rubicon starts at ~$39k but after just 4dr, AT, hardtop, and destination fee it is $50k.... going to be a harsh reality to see this for some people.
This has to be one of the most accurate posts regarding the topic of 'pricing'. It is pretty simple to see what things will ballpark around, look at Jeep.com. And upgraded engine/trans in the Jeep...about $3000 (not too far off of the Bronco with a more powerful motor and 2 more gears). Excitement gets the best of people and sometimes they get caught up in it. I agree with the sentiment though of "if you're waiting in line for a brand new thing" because you are just sold on the idea/lifestyle of it, these mild delays are nothing. Wait an extra month for an online tool (whoa OMG how!!), get it a few months later than you thought (OMG cancel my order). I don't know I don't complain about that stuff. The only gripe I have at all right now is I'd like to see 'other' models displayed and would love to see some Jeep head to heads. I'm happy to wait till midnight on Sep 30 for B&P, happy to put an order in Dec 29th, happy to get the vehicle July/Aug 2021, not happy but willing to pay the required >60,000.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We have to remember there's all kinds of customers here...some on tight budgets trying to make their dream vehicle work, others with disposable income, other cross shopping Jeep and Toyota...it's going to be a diverse place for a while.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
dgorsett

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When Ford announced the 2020 return of the Bronco, based on the Ranger chassis, in 2017 I was 100% sure it would share Ranger sheet metal and interior from the doors forward and start around $35K I was IN. Just a question of 2dr to replace my Jeep or 4 dr to replace my Explorer.

Then they showed us what they really meant, well equipped, capable, retro, functional and adaptable off/on road 4x4 starting at $28.5K I was REALLY IN.

The only thing the could have done to knock me out was to make it a transverse engine fwd chassis (al a Bronco Sport). Heck then I might have even considered it as a replacement for my Explorer.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually may be out but only because my local LR dealership is trying to get me in and said they can work to make a partnership plan with my company valid on the defender (currently the partnership is 10% below msrp for all LRs except defender and RR/RR Sport which are 5% minus Defender which is 0%)

Might go drive it this weekend for the hell of it. It's still 15-20k more than I planned to spend
20k more and it's not even the bronco you really want?

Ford Bronco I"m out...nawt 164

Nine months is nothing to me. (I've given birth) Still excited and you guys just need to tuck and roll with what you learn each time a new nugget shows up.????
Well no argument there. Oh you don't like the reflective sticker? Have you given birth? Then gtfo. ?

We'll get them broncos before you know it.

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

11. Bronco is not coming soon enough. I want a new vehicle now. Solution: Buy Wrangler?
I've been shopping around including the wrangler...we have plenty of time so why not look at options.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Meh, some of that was self-inflicted on Ford's part by doing a "one-off" interior. But I don't want to get into the weeds.

Yeah, there's some legit unfounded complaints. But you address them when they come up in their respective threads. It doesn't necessitate a new thread in the general forum though.

Maybe this website needs a "scream into the void" subthread where people can complain and complain about people complaining. Maybe we could also add a VIP "true-fans" only subthread where you only heap praise upon Ford. :LOL:

Ken87BroncoII

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-350 XLT Crew
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We all have a budget, of course. That's why I'm not on the waiting list for a Bugatti or Lambo.

I look at it this way; if you could travel back in time and buy a 1964-1/2 Mustang, at any trim level, would you fret over the cost? Or better yet, a 1966 Bronco? How about a Pinto? No, I don't think you would, and you'd be smart to pay extra for the rust protection package!

OK, forget the Pinto, but even a 1972 Gremlin is worth something today. I anticipate that the 2021 Bronco will become a collectible, I just hope I live long enough to see that day. My kids are already fighting over who will inherit it from me, and they've only seen pictures!

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
.... $28.5K for a vehicle with Bronco's features and capability is amazing! I'M IN!
The funny part is thinking he’s gonna get a 2 door For $28,500

you forgot the $1500 destination fee your not getting around that.

the $100-500 doc fees.

Hard top is gonna be another $1200 ish

auto transmission another grand

$5000 for the Sasquatch on the basic

your $28,500 Bronco is looking more like at least $37,000 I may be a little off on my numbers but they are way closer than $28,500.

OP
OP
dgorsett

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The funny part is thinking he’s gonna get a 2 door For $28,500

you forgot the $1500 destination fee your not getting around that.

the $100-500 doc fees.

Hard top is gonna be another $1200 ish

auto transmission another grand

$5000 for the Sasquatch on the basic

your $28,500 Bronco is looking more like at least $37,000 I may be a little off on my numbers but they are way closer than $28,500.
Oops, I'm out /s

I'm well aware, and your estimate is close (hard top is included and AT is supposed to be around $1600), I just said you could get a vehicle with Bronco's features and capability for $28.5K
Sponsored