Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Notice how even on the cacti this color is not the same on any two plants!??
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
These are the pictures from that thread which i'm afraid of, and which I believe will be the most honest representation of the color in low-light or when overcast (ie: ~300 days a year here in Seattle)

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Navy Pier Interior + Cactus Gray Bronco Sport 10

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Navy Pier Interior + Cactus Gray Bronco Sport 11

To my eyes (and on a computer screen which has been color-adjusted for accuracy) this color would be best described as "off white", or "your grandfathers khaki pants from 30 years ago when he still worked".....

And what I really want out of the color is as shown in this:

7D775A4B-5CFD-4495-9511-54372C9A5CBA.jpeg

IMG_2209.jpg

2021 Bronco Sasquatches at Ford Plant Factory Livonia.jpg

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These are the pictures from that thread which i'm afraid of, and which I believe will be the most honest representation of the color in low-light or when overcast (ie: ~300 days a year here in Seattle)

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. giphy[1]

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. giphy[1]

To my eyes (and on a computer screen which has been color-adjusted for accuracy) this color would be best described as "off white", or "your grandfathers khaki pants from 30 years ago when he still worked".....

And what I really want out of the color is as shown in this:

I am with you on this one. The earliest pictures of Cactus Gray had me super excited to get it on my Big Bend or Black Diamond (still haven't made up my mind), but the pictures that have come out of late have kind of turned me off to it. Right now I'm leaning more towards Area 51. I also like Velocity Blue but still have not made up my mind.

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Leadfoot gray would be sweet but I'm probably going with AntiMatter blue.

gavalan

Base
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone seen an actual photo of a 2-door in Cactus Gray with black top?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is simply no way both these colors can be the same. Pictures that show Cactus Gray as something blue/mint/green etc are IMO likely a result of an improperly balanced or retouched photo. While I really like the color of the actual cactus plant a few posts back, I think the most relevant clue is the Ford paint codes that state the Cactus Gray and Jet Fighter Gray are the same. Jet Fighter gray clearly isn't any of these green/mint/blue things and just logically thinking about the name would be closer to the top version than the bottom one.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.28.32 PM

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is simply no way both these colors can be the same. Pictures that show Cactus Gray as something blue/mint/green etc are IMO likely a result of an improperly balanced or retouched photo. While I really like the color of the actual cactus plant a few posts back, I think the most relevant clue is the Ford paint codes that state the Cactus Gray and Jet Fighter Gray are the same. Jet Fighter gray clearly isn't any of these green/mint/blue things and just logically thinking about the name would be closer to the top version than the bottom one.

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 5.28.32 PM.png
I agree, no way that the pre-production color is a true match to the production color actually used. There are too many photos of these two Broncos (assuming they are the only two Cactus Green painted examples we have) and the color consistency is there, it has green in it.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117467227_655201575182640_3226994505222005227_n

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Cactus Gray 2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Towing Trailer
Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 14ED7705-2D51-42D6-B4F2-01FD795C830A

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. IMG_4335-scaled

Then there is the military spec Catbox Grunt flavor of the color... Things went sideways in one of the meetings.

- Phillip, that green is massively popular in early surveys, make it happen.

- You got it boss, i'll make that happen in production. Another shade of eggshell, coming right up! BTW, I love your new khakis, they inspire me!

**end result**

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. khaki

At least that's how it went using my imagination...

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, no way that the pre-production color is a true match to the production color actually used. There are too many photos of these two Broncos (assuming they are the only two Cactus Green painted examples we have) and the color consistency is there, it has green in it.
I see what you did there and now it makes things much more clear. What we have all been assuming, and apparently wanting, is "Cactus Green" what they ended up giving us is "Cactus Gray".

Personally I'm still ok with the gray version since won't show dirt much, but would have preferred the actual cactus plant color that has just a touch of green. I'd pick something different if it ended up as one of those pastel mint/blue things though.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep gray is not green.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see what you did there and now it makes things much more clear. What we have all been assuming, and apparently wanting, is "Cactus Green" what they ended up giving us is "Cactus Gray".
There's a video with a Ford rep being interviewed who says Cactus Gray has green and blue in it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. khaki

Then there is the military spec Catbox Grunt flavor of the color... Things went sideways in one of the meetings.

- Phillip, that green is massively popular in early surveys, make it happen.

- You got it boss, i'll make that happen in production. Another shade of eggshell, coming right up! BTW, I love your new khakis, they inspire me!

**end result**

At least that's how it went using my imagination...
Cactus Grey was my 1st choice but since opted to go with cyber orange. There is just way too many photos of the color that makes me say meh! Bores me too much but then there are photos that scream this color is unique and can be timeless..

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The big question is whether Cactus Grey Bronco Sports will arrive on dealership lots before we lock everything in. It seems you have to see this color in person to really decide. I'm going crazy staring at sun angles, clouds, shadows, backlight, camera phone quality etc.
Sponsored