Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I want the 2.7. And I still don’t understand the fascination with using the left foot with today automatics. Then again, I know that I have a lot to learn.
for 99.9% of situations, today’s automatics are superior. With the exceptions of a few select off road scenarios.

People just like shifting. It’s “manly” says someone in the back.“I like feeling one with the machine” says another.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Legit question:

The spotted test mule is just a manual Badlands with 35s on it, no?

The only credence to this being a legit leak of a manual being available on squatch is that BN is saying it is.

Assuming they are in the pocket of Ford marketing, that might be enough, but to me a manual transmission Bronco riding on 35s alone doesn’t confirm it.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you go with smaller tires then what are you doing about the mismatch with the calibration of your speedometer? Are there any 35” “snow tires” available. I have deal with snow so this becomes important to me.
35x12.5r15 bfg ko2 is whats on my plow truck...literally ROOSTERS snow. Yes they make them in 17s!

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you go with smaller tires then what are you doing about the mismatch with the calibration of your speedometer? Are there any 35” “snow tires” available. I have deal with snow so this becomes important to me.
Not worrying about the speedometer. My phone/google maps can give me speed if I need it. My current truck is off by a few km/h and it doesn't bother me.

The wider the tire the more it will want to flow. This can be advantageous or detrimental depending on snow.

There are 35s that are decent in snow but I'm looking for true winters. I don't get many big snowstorms where I live but its cold and icy hard packed snow for months. I need something sticky.

Deep snow will need a different tire than an icy, snowy, hard packed highway. I prefer getting the safety of a winter tire for the hard packed highway and give up a bit of deep snow traction.

Many will say certain tires are good for snow but it all depends on local conditions.

There's a couple posts in the Tires, Wheels sub that are better for this discussion.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in a word HELL YA!? ya I know thats 2 words

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure the would use the regular 4.70 'squatch axles, 4.88's are only 3% lower 5.10's 8%, you'd never notice

All depends on what you are doing. I have a very steep hill coming up from the river that I'm on weekly that I have to do about 100 yards at 2-3mph due to erosion issues. There's a point that it either works or it doesn't. Basically lug your engine under a load and then see if a few % makes a difference. Eventually it does. I'd rather start as low as possible from the factory so I don't have to regear. In my Tacoma I went from 4.10s that required being in low to pull the hill to 4.56s that would pull it in 4hi. Not a big % change, but a real performance change for the actual use. Of course, much of this may be moot with the crawl gear of the 7spd.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do speedos still hook to the trans? On my 62 has a GPS speedo, I deleted the cable and capped the hole. GPS speedo is awesome, elapse times, highest speed, etc.. (BTW highest speed is held by my wife) Why would it still be mechanical? Long tunnels?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would like to see stock badlands from the side and up in the buddy tire pose with the bar disconnected and then the same shot with Squatch.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is more important than Warthog news. Warthog will never be stick. Men row gears.

Annnnnnd 2.3 truck motor is basically a FoRS engine with less screamy cams. ExtremeDI laid down 684 crank on e30 with no spray, or meth stock ecm full OBD diagnostics. The Focus RS and Fiesta Gearboxes are holding damn near double power output.....hope it's not a mustang transmission catastrophie again.....

I'd personally like to build a monster 2.3 and be a concealed assassin.
Hope that's on a fully built motor. I would never trust a stock block 2.3 to that amount of power. There's a reason my RS is stock. I don't trust the motor.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think my first one would be a base mansquatch.

47f78768d18ae362e290f4a51a7ed495d76fd2608211f1ed0f2d88b5b8c88fbd.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.