Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Y'all made me sad for finding something which I thought people would be interested in.

It's OK. After hours of agony and stress from this board, that day I bought myself a Jet's pizza with my own money to overcome my grief with buttery yet crunchy crust calories.

Also:
1. The reporter was a verified check Twitter user that I had been following for years.
2. I had been reading his articles for years.
3. I put in the title that I 'THINK" it is happening.
4. This site is supposed to be about rumors. It's no problem when people speculate about tan Broncos with white tops, is there? But if I link to real story on the Internet...
@pan-y-cerveza wasnt talking about your use of the word think. The article itself claims to only being speculating. And I thought the same way he did. There was no concrete Yes Ford is testing this. It's just a Hey we see a 2.3 manual rocking 35's. That's like saying I buy a 2.3 manual, take it to my local shop and squeeze some 35's under there. Ford didn't test it for me first, I just did it.

So I think he's blowing up BN more than anything else. Which I agree with.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was unaware that the 2.3 with Sasquatch was not ever a option.
No, it always was... it was just that you had to get the automatic with the squatch. (So 2.3 + auto).

You could also get the 2.3 + manual on the Badlands... which is ostensibly a squatch with 33s.

The cool thing with this leak, if their conclusion is true, is that you could squatch the Base and keep the manual. (Cheapest way to a lift and 35s with a manual.)

My post was poking fun at the fact that most people have also been complaining that they want the manual with the 2.7, and this still isn’t that... and it’s just a matter of time before everyone realizes that this leaked configuration isn’t a holy grail spec, but really just a different combo of what was already available... and really, just a set of 35s bolted onto a badlands.

Last edited:

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody posted about this last Wednesday from the Colorado Bronco event...

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is honestly the best news to hear right now, other than the B&P made live. Ford seems to be listening to feedback from the community and potential buyers or they were planning on testing the manual with this Sasquatch package. Either way if they deliver on this, I will be a happy Bronco owner. If they are claiming to take the fight to the Wrangler, it’s strange that they would have restricts on either transmission or trim level for their most off-road capable package not to be added to every Bronco if the buyer chose to option.

If they can’t make this happen for the 2021 model I will be very disappointed in Ford. But honestly I will still probably get the bron with a manual regardless if they make this happen or not.

bennmustang

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi, 1964 CUTLASS 461
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Me just waiting until everyone appreciates it’s still just the 2.3 not the 2.7.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch package with 2.3L + manual transmission Bronco - testing underway! 1600309446748
Right?! I got all excited then realized it was the 2.3 and not the 2.7. I could care less about the 2.3!! Give me a Squatch with the 7 speed 2.7 or a 3.0

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah...still not the 2.7L? Come on man, Squatch + 2.7L + manual...it’s not difficult!!

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the 2.3 Mansquatch testing and correcting the 4 dr Base specs are related. Cleaning things up for the B&P and Mansquatch availability. Whether this comes with a price reduction on the 4 dr Base is a big question.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All depends on what you are doing. I have a very steep hill coming up from the river that I'm on weekly that I have to do about 100 yards at 2-3mph due to erosion issues. There's a point that it either works or it doesn't. Basically lug your engine under a load and then see if a few % makes a difference. Eventually it does. I'd rather start as low as possible from the factory so I don't have to regear. In my Tacoma I went from 4.10s that required being in low to pull the hill to 4.56s that would pull it in 4hi. Not a big % change, but a real performance change for the actual use. Of course, much of this may be moot with the crawl gear of the 7spd.
As you say, with the crawler gear it's irrelevant, would be just right for your situation. But say you where running 1000 rpms with the 4.70's, you' be revving 1035 with the 4.88's and 1085 with the 5.10's, don't think you'd notice.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought they'd limited by 10mm for 35s. Where did 40mm and 30mm come from?
Yep, only 10mm is what Ford people said. So less than .4 inches for travel loss with Sasquatch. If anyone has anything new to refute that, let us know.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is more important than Warthog news. Warthog will never be stick. Men row gears.

Annnnnnd 2.3 truck motor is basically a FoRS engine with less screamy cams. ExtremeDI laid down 684 crank on e30 with no spray, or meth stock ecm full OBD diagnostics. The Focus RS and Fiesta Gearboxes are holding damn near double power output.....hope it's not a mustang transmission catastrophie again.....

I'd personally like to build a monster 2.3 and be a concealed assassin.
Hell yeah!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.