North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I see you didn't reserve a base so maybe you dont know this fact: our reservations say "automatic" in details of 4 Dr base as well. Again, I'm actually seeing now they may offer 2.7l with manual, so we'll never know until B&P.
Thats unfortunate, looks like another case of @mike_at_ford Rock Star Programmers doing their best.

Hey Ford, did you fire all your website QA people?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The next correction will be that the 2D do not come Standard with hard tops, it’s optional?
Then all the 2 Door Wise Guys will start B******g who were all saying now that it does not effect them. I guess the Thread Opener should close this thread otherwise, 20 pages more will be added.

ByeChevy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy/GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both BB and BD show the 8" standard:

Interior Features
Comfort and Convenience
Standard
8-inch Color LCD Instrument Panel

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-big-bend/
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/bronco-black-diamond/
Thats the 8in instrument panel...im talking about the touchscreen as others have pointed out. Seems odd, like with the Trans, that the Base would have this as standard and its not standard equip again until you hit the OB or select the MID package.

Base
Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 1600344938768

BB
Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 1600344993920

OP
OP
BuddysB6g

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where you seein' this?
I'm referring to the petition going around being signed, and people saying "Ford is listening" . I'll try to find it, but I could be dreaming this up.. :)

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thats the 8in instrument panel...im talking about the touchscreen as others have pointed out. Seems odd, like with the Trans, that the Base would have this as standard and its not standard equip again until you hit the OB or select the MID package.

Base
Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 1600344993920

BB
Your correct that only the Base shows the 8" Entertainment, center display, as standard, but in fact it's standard on all models except the First Edition. You have to select the High Package to get the 12" display, only available on the Outer Banks, Bandlands or Wildtrak.

What is causing the confusion is:
SYNC® 4 - 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability and Enhanced Voice Recognition.

The "SYNC® 4 - 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability" is simply the technical description of the display, not an optional functionality.

What is optional is "Enhanced Voice Recognition"

Not available on the Base.
It is Optional on the Big Bend and Black Diamond and Badlands.
It is Standard on the Outer Banks and Wildtrak.

ByeChevy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy/GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your correct that only the Base shows the 8" Entertainment, center display, as standard, but in fact it's standard on all models except the First Edition. You have to select the High Package to get the 12" display, only available on the Outer Banks, Bandlands or Wildtrak.

What is causing the confusion is:
SYNC® 4 - 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability and Enhanced Voice Recognition.

The "SYNC® 4 - 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Swipe Capability" is simply the technical description of the display, not an optional functionality.

What is optional is "Enhanced Voice Recognition"

Not available on the Base.
It is Optional on the Big Bend and Black Diamond and Badlands.
It is Standard on the Outer Banks and Wildtrak.
Thank you for the clarification...I should have read more carefully. Odd that they would not list the 8in Touchscreen as Standard sans the voice piece then list that as optional for the BB.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm referring to the petition going around being signed, and people saying "Ford is listening" . I'll try to find it, but I could be dreaming this up.. :)
You're dreaming, the manual trans won't bolt to the 2.7. They'd have to redesign the manual to have a removable bell housing.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for the clarification...I should have read more carefully. Odd that they would not list the 8in Touchscreen as Standard sans the voice piece then list that as optional for the BB.
Just think of it like this: Ford has the tendency to build on trim and packages. So whatever comes standard on a lower trim or package comes on the higher ones unless an improvement upon the standard part is stated. Also, Sync 4 is not their name for an LCD touchscreen it is the name of the software.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You're dreaming, the manual trans won't bolt to the 2.7. They'd have to redesign the manual to have a removable bell housing.
I think it’s more of a reliability thing, auto manufacturers tend to want a transmission that will be rated a certain percentage higher than the output of the engine that it will be joined with. A 2.7 with a recalibration can easily put out an amount of torque to exceed the 7 speed capacity.

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford said they were listening to the Manual with Sasquatch. They have explicitly said they will not over 2.7 with manual trans. I don’t think that is up for debate. See post above.

OP
OP
BuddysB6g

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford said they were listening to the Manual with Sasquatch. They have explicitly said they will not over 2.7 with manual trans. I don’t think that is up for debate. See post above.
Copy, I digress.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Then all the 2 Door Wise Guys will start B******g who were all saying now that it does not effect them. I guess the Thread Opener should close this thread otherwise, 20 pages more will be added.
Or some of us will be cheering - a vehicle like this deserves a soft top (unless you live in alaska and need to keep out bears and snow).

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Or some of us will be cheering - a vehicle like this deserves a soft top (unless you live in alaska and need to keep out bears and snow).
Not just a Bear and Snow, in a Roll over situation Soft Top would be more fatal rather than hardtop as the Bronco does not have anything in the middle (to the Roof) to hang on to, unlike Jeep.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not just a Bear and Snow, in a Roll over situation Soft Top would be more fatal rather than hardtop as the Bronco does not have anything in the middle (to the Roof) to hang on to, unlike Jeep.
(*Implying that during a rollover I can just reach out and "hang on to" the jeep frame*)

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT

Ford Bronco Ford Corrects Website – BASE 4 Door Bronco Does NOT Come Standard With Automatic Transmission 1600354480686
Sponsored