Sliding Rear Window - 2dr

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know this might sound like a nitpick - but one of the reasons I won't buy the 2dr is that I know people will feel trapped in the back seat with no door or window to open.
I do expect to have a couple people in the back seat somewhat regularly (although it's my teenage kids so not that concerned with how easy it is for them to get there).
My simple question is this - why not include a sliding window or something on the 2dr?
It probably wouldn't make me seriously consider the 2dr, but would at least make me think about it and might be a good cheap value-add for the 2dr.
Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The modular top gives you removable windows. I am sure there is someone smarter than I to create bottom pop out side window to allow airflow for the dog. Maybe use the minivan idea of auto side windows.

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The modular top gives you removable windows. I am sure there is someone smarter than I to create bottom pop out side window to allow airflow for the dog. Maybe use the minivan idea of auto side windows.
Per current comments, the 4D Modular will have the removable windows, but the 2D Modular will not.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would someone with Twitter mind reaching out to Mike Levine for clarification on the 2 door modular tops ability/inability to remove the rear quarter windows. Seems from what we’ve all read on this forum we have two different forum members given two different answers from two different Ford employees. How are we to know which of those two employees is in the know? Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts To reach Mr. Levine

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The GIANT hatch in the roof isn't good enough for ya?
No, side windows that could be opened/closed at any time. Seems like a super simple/easy thing to add that would greatly benefit people in the back seat.

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LOL - no, not planning that, but it would definitely make it an easier sell if I was.

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If like a wrangler, the back seat of a 2 dr is not meant for people that you care for. So a floor vent 'slot', ugly wall of black plastic, no windows etc. shouldn't be surprising as it would be a waste of production $'s to spend much effort/features on that area. If you need passengers, 4 dr is the obvious answer and why the JLU is so much more popular than the JL despite the higher cost and way worse breakover.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would someone with Twitter mind reaching out to Mike Levine for clarification on the 2 door modular tops ability/inability to remove the rear quarter windows. Seems from what we’ve all read on this forum we have two different forum members given two different answers from two different Ford employees. How are we to know which of those two employees is in the know? Thanks in advance to anyone who attempts To reach Mr. Levine
HAHA

Wat3rdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tundra 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a jeep wrangler 4 door for the reason of having 2 kids plus dogs. It's definitely a trade off but for that reason I will be getting a 4 dr Bronco. It is nice having that extra cargo room for camping and road trips.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Per current comments, the 4D Modular will have the removable windows, but the 2D Modular will not.
Hey uh @The Pope, if the 2 door 'modular' top as you call it, doesn't have removable windows, how is it modular? It's just a regular top at that point.

Sorry, I couldn't resist being Captain Obvious on this one. I still love ya tho ?
Sponsored