Sponsored

CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The big question is whether Cactus Grey Bronco Sports will arrive on dealership lots before we lock everything in. It seems you have to see this color in person to really decide. I'm going crazy staring at sun angles, clouds, shadows, backlight, camera phone quality etc.
If a Dockers Gray Sport comes up locally, i've already committed to having all of my inspection lights and sensors in the daily driver to take videos for everybody. This should give the best simulation environment to show us what this color will do.

This has been the highest quality inspection lamp i've found and have used it about 20 hours now with excellent results for color accuracy... Then it comes down to the quality of the recording and people's monitors.

Astro Tools 50SL-MAX inspection lamp
Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cactus Gray is the most confusing color. When I saw the 4 door pics with the green hue to it, it reminded me of an OG Bronco type of color.
However, the more factory painted pics I see of the Sport makes it look like taupe, chalk, OG Khaki.
I think the Sport pics make the Cactus Green look washed out and boring. I had to eliminate it from my color decision struggle. I can’t risk hating the color on my beloved Bronco that I will own for a long time.

rancid53

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4D CG OB LUX - can’t get here fast enough. I want black hard top and carbonized soft top. Would prefer painted black flares and door handles

Rion

Big Bend
First Name
Rion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve been a cactus grey fanboy since day one. And I’m glad to have these forums and pictures to give us more time to dwell on this big purchase. I expect to have this Bronco for as long as I can keep it running.

Ive come to the conclusion that I may switch to the White with black top. The more I see the CG, the more I waiver. I’m confident it will be a classic, but I think I will be happier with white in the long term...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldn't worry too much about it when most of these pics are from potato cams with God knows what sort of white balance applied to the pics. It looks great in all the high res shots from Ford and media outlets.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a video with a Ford rep being interviewed who says Cactus Gray has green and blue in it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I suppose it's possible that when the video was made take it actually did. Which is why the test mules look the way they do. But then later it was changed to the production version which is now equal to jet fighter gray.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suppose it's possible that when the video was made take it actually did. Which is why the test mules look the way they do. But then later it was changed to the production version which is now equal to jet fighter gray.
I hope that is true...a true gray is great...the pics that make it look like the pastel/light seafoam green are awful to me. I hope we can see it first, becasue I'm not ordering it if there's a chance it is the seafoam version. If I can't see it in person on a sport first, then I will go with another color.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They just need to forget the Fighter Jet gray color for the Bronco.

Add some green to the mix, and it can then accurately be called "Cactus Gray" or even "Cactus Green".

I like "Cactus Green" better.

Glossy primer does nothing for me.

Ford, THIS is staring you right in the face! Just do it!!!!

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.42.36 PM

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.49.37 PM

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.50.07 PM

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Outer Banks in Cactus Gray. Looks pretty sharp!

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.50.07 PM
I still see some of the green in this.

It will be interesting to see if the "earlier" CG is actually a differnt colour than these Sports that were seeing. If it really is just Glossy Primer I'm out. I like Toyota's Cement Grey but Glossy Primer is a bit too light.

If it truly is different I dont know what colour to get. The rest of them sort of suck. Ha

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was from the ride-along event. And it was called fighter jet gray before they changed the name just for Broncos some time before the reveal.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is the other video that has the Cactus Gray/Fighter Jet color on the Mustang reveal. Good video in that it shows the paint in both shade, light and clouds and has that almost minty appearance. I do like that Appearance Package!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That looks like the CG that has been on the earlier Broncos. I can't imagine Ford would have changed the colour/paint process but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, no way that the pre-production color is a true match to the production color actually used. There are too many photos of these two Broncos (assuming they are the only two Cactus Green painted examples we have) and the color consistency is there, it has green in it.

2021 Ford Bronco Employee Roundup 117467227_655201575182640_3226994505222005227_n.jpg

Cactus Gray 2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Towing Trailer.jpeg
14ED7705-2D51-42D6-B4F2-01FD795C830A.jpeg

IMG_4335-scaled.jpg

Then there is the military spec Catbox Grunt flavor of the color... Things went sideways in one of the meetings.

- Phillip, that green is massively popular in early surveys, make it happen.

- You got it boss, i'll make that happen in production. Another shade of eggshell, coming right up! BTW, I love your new khakis, they inspire me!

**end result**

khaki.jpg

At least that's how it went using my imagination...

The color on my screen says no green tint and is different from what others have posted on these forums. Was this color modified? Admittedly, I expect this to be the closest match we'd see in real life.

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1600374511923

Ford Bronco CACTUS GRAY THREAD!!!! if you’re choosing cactus gray lemme know. I think it’s the best color available at the moment. 1600375256940
Sponsored

Last edited: