Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not just a Bear and Snow, in a Roll over situation Soft Top would be more fatal rather than hardtop as the Bronco does not have anything in the middle (to the Roof) to hang on to, unlike Jeep.
I try not to use this term but: LOL wut?

Plus a plastic roof thing isn't exactly some kind of magical safety cage. You might "feel" safer in the plastic box, but good luck in the imaginary situation of rolling down a mountain. Still laughing in my heading picturing someone clamped onto the Jeep 'sports bar' for dear life...
Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

(*Implying that during a rollover I can just reach out and "hang on to" the jeep frame*)

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT

1600354480686.png
Got the Seatbelts on then this Happens?

tree2.jpg

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Plus a plastic roof thing isn't exactly some kind of magical safety cage. You might "feel" safer in the plastic box, but good luck in the imaginary situation of rolling down a mountain. Still laughing in my heading picturing someone clamped onto the Jeep 'sports bar' for dear life...
If

On a side note did not find what I wanted, but found this:

rollover-jeep.gif

JonChicago

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We can't have it both ways! Either we wait for Ford to have every detail hammered out before going public or we deal with some adjustments along the way.

It's pretty clear to me what happened here. The initial plan was to have base 4D as auto only and then things changed, for the better in my opinion. Who knows if the pricing is even correct for auto or manual, the website states that all info is preliminary and subject change.

I'd like to go on record as thanking Ford for releasing the preliminary numbers and specs to give us an idea of where things will land but I've never understood these to be anything other than preliminary and very likely to see adjustment. People expecting to be able to price a Bronco to within a few hundred dollars of actual with the info we have are smoking the good stuff.

This is exactly why we haven't seen a B&P yet: the are still working on it, and not in a website programming way but in hammering out what they will be offering way. With Covid going on there are added issues of supply chain disruptions and availability.

As a hypothetical, maybe 2 months ago the supply of manual transmissions was thought to be constrained (it's coming out of China) so they wanted to limit availability. Now supply has increased and they can offer it more widely. Who knows?

Sponsored

Cory63

Base
First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's been pointed out before, but it's likely that the base 2 door is priced $2200 cheaper than it "should" be so that Ford can say that the Bronco starts off as sub-$30K off-road vehicle with destination fee. The profit margin for Ford is less on the base 2 door but it draws in more interest since the vehicle sounds relatively affordable, and then people may end up moving up to higher trims. If you don't mind the bare minimum in your Bronco, the 2-door base is a great deal.
Makes sense

jimwalston

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition 2017 STI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reason the 4 door is getting the manual now may be because you may be able to the Sasquatch package now with the manual???

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was just looking at prices starting with the Base 4DR (B4DR). I threw out the Base 2DR because I think most everyone agrees that it's price at or near a loss. Throwing at the FE for this discussion also.

If you go from the 4DR up a trim level to the 2DR they are pretty close in price. It isn't a consistent change, but close enough. Then the jump from 2DR to 4DR in same trim is ~$2500.

This seems to hold consistent from B4DR to Wildtrak 4DR.

So, as maddening as it was, the Base 2DR and the FE's are really the outliers on this bell curve of pricing. It doesn't appear the the B4DR was supposed to be the super economical model to begin with. And after looking at the prices changes, I don't think that the B4DR is going to be getting a price adjustment.

This still doesn't help me much! It does firmly move me out of the Sasquatch package, unless there is a drop in price of the B4DR or with the Sasquatch package itself. B4DR to BB 4DR is still a crap shoot depending on what is optional for the B4DR. If I can add lockers to B4DR then its a no brainer for me!!!!

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think if you had your reservation on a 4dr base, they should be cool and offer those people the original MSRP with the Auto. You can't change into it, but if it's what you picked prior to their change, let it roll.

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think if you had your reservation on a 4dr base, they should be cool and offer those people the original MSRP with the Auto. You can't change into it, but if it's what you picked prior to their change, let it roll.
I agree totally we didn’t reserve the manual, the reason I reserved it was for a family vehicle with extra space, now I’m seriously going for the 2 door and doing the after market thing, so good idea Ford you now get less of my money

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya I’m confused on this too. On the BD it shows standard 8 in LCD instrument screen but then under optional 8 in sync touch screen?
Not sure what the hell the difference is...
Not sure why a base model would have something that an upper trim model would have..
Ford really needs to clarify their options and what is available on the trim models
LCD instrument screen is the one in front of the steering wheel.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LCD instrument screen is the one in front of the steering wheel.
That is my thoughts too. So the 8 inch screen is optional on the BD then?
That seems really stupid...