Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that I am in the minority, but I prefer the MIC flares and depending on the color I choose, the MIC top. I want heated seats and I need some sort of step for my family (and myself depending). Original idea was BD, then OBX for side steps and value with Auto and potential B&O, but the 17” wheels and handles and flairs are better looking IMO. I think my time in Build and Price will be extensive. Probably run it 100 times ?
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door Big Bend, 7 Speed Manual with the 2.3L EB. Plan on Tow Package and Roof Rails with Crossbars. Will add Sasquatch if they offer it for the manual transmission. Trying to keep the price under $45K.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm convinced the Big Bend is Ford's shot at decoy pricing. It's basically the mid-grade gas version of the bronco—it mainly exists to create perceived value in jumping up to BD, OB & BL. For some that want particular combos of options not available on the Base, Ford has configured it such that the BB is attractive (don't want squatch, no vinyl, want cactus gray or a51, locking diff and want mid package? Then you're stuck at BB).

Other than that, the BB doesn't make much sense financially. Very sneaky, Ford. :cautious:
I actually think the base 2 door is the decoy price model. It is there simply to grab headlines of look where the Bronco starts at. The same strategy Ford had with the base model GT350. When first introduced the base GT350 started at 49,990. Purely and simply to grab headlines that t started under 50k. No track pack, no tech pack. It existed to give customers the bare bones experience of the VooDoo engine and the 6 speed manual. Essentially what the Base Bronco is doing.

Then for varying reasons, ford added the track pack and parts of the tech pack to all GT350s. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see the big bend become the base level bronco or the price of the base model jump up in year 2 or 3.

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I actually think the base 2 door is the decoy price model.
I get what you're saying, and it's applicable for most. Not really what I meant by decoy pricing though.

A decoy in that sense is a mid tier or price point that doesn't make sense for the purpose of creating perceived value in a big price gap. E.g., if you tell some people it's $1.99 to upgrade small to large fries and tell another group it's $1.89 to upgrade to medium fries and $1.99 to large fries, more will pick large fries in scenario B. Same thing going on with people going with the base, bb, and obx. Big bend is the "medium fries."

Last edited:

Sponsored

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
You could add aftermarket leather and heaters for much less than $6k.
if I could get the high package on the Big Bend for my wife, that’s the route I’d be going. We will end up in an Outer Banks Sasquatch. I would still much rather have the grey grille from the BB than the black one though. Maybe someone will want to trade.
I'd rather have the grey grill also, as well as the grey wheels and larger AT tires. The BB is actually my favorite looking model, I'm just torn between the relative value of the base vs the nicer BB.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get what you're saying, and it's applicable for most. Not really what I meant by decoy pricing though.

A decoy in that sense is a mid tier or price point that doesn't make sense for the purpose of creating perceived value in a big price gap. E.g., if you tell some people it's $1.99 to upgrade small to large fries and tell another group it's $1.89 to upgrade to medium fries and $1.99 to large fries, more will pick large fries in scenario A. Same thing going on with people going with the base, bb, and obx. Big bend is the "medium fries."
Got ya

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I actually think the base 2 door is the decoy price model. It is there simply to grab headlines of look where the Bronco starts at. The same strategy Ford had with the base model GT350. When first introduced the base GT350 started at 49,990. Purely and simply to grab headlines that t started under 50k. No track pack, no tech pack. It existed to give customers the bare bones experience of the VooDoo engine and the 6 speed manual. Essentially what the Base Bronco is doing.

Then for varying reasons, ford added the track pack and parts of the tech pack to all GT350s. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see the big bend become the base level bronco or the price of the base model jump up in year 2 or 3.
Well I'm shooting for that decoy- Low tech Wildtrak+ for about 41k +tax & tags. Base 2 Door-2.7L -Auto-Sasquatch-HD bumper- Brush guard-Tow package-Advance 4 x 4-Aux switches-Fog lights-Rapid Red

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, per fords website now, outer banks does not come std with auto trans, so that kind of blows the its an easy step up choice to ob vs bb thoughts
Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread E2059801-F01F-4D90-BBE1-1741206D42A8

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, per fords website now, outer banks does not come std with auto trans, so that kind of blows the its an easy step up choice to ob vs bb thoughts
Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread E2059801-F01F-4D90-BBE1-1741206D42A8
Still listed as Standard under the "Explore this model".

Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread Capture.PNG

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope it is, because I was seriously looking at the step up for <2k
I am at the point where I don't know what to trust on the website anymore. With the manual removal from Base 4D the other day to the pictures getting wiggled around on some comparison yesterday plus other typos and stuff plus the fact that the listing of items in the comparison is in a different order than the trim just above or below (flippin' quality control is CRAP). What is true? The only thing I can be certain of is that the B&P is not available and that I'm sick of reading "SOON" and "BY". It would be helpful to have one of those "Included"/"Option" matrix things that manufacturers gave out for models about 30 years ago to see what the basic basic stuff is on each one of thee things. Keep your "200+ accessories" for now. I just want to know the basics.

dividebytube

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang V6, 2008 Infiniti M35x
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big Bend 2-door reserve holder here. 7-speed manual and 2.3L will be my drivetrain of choice. I don't want or feel the need for more power. I have a Mustang for that.

Why Big Bend? The 33" wheels, and, believe it or not, the leather wrapped steering wheel. Add in the mid package for heated seats, etc and it's a fair price for something above the Base. I'm only a minor offroader so, to be honest, this will be more than enough of a rig for the kind of *old logging roads or snowy days I encounter. Not quite a mall crawler but somewhere in-between.

Much like my old and departed Toyota T100, not high on creature comforts, but a solid all-around off and onroad performer.

* believe it or not, I own a few acres south of Silver Lake Dunes but I have never used it! My dad and I were too busy going in the woods with a Blazer, hauling a trailer and cutting firewood.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Big Bend 2-door reserve holder here. 7-speed manual and 2.3L will be my drivetrain of choice. I don't want or feel the need for more power. I have a Mustang for that.

Why Big Bend? The 33" wheels, and, believe it or not, the leather wrapped steering wheel. Add in the mid package for heated seats, etc and it's a fair price for something above the Base. I'm only a minor offroader so, to be honest, this will be more than enough of a rig for the kind of *old logging roads or snowy days I encounter. Not quite a mall crawler but somewhere in-between.

Much like my old and departed Toyota T100, not high on creature comforts, but a solid all-around off and onroad performer.

* believe it or not, I own a few acres south of Silver Lake Dunes but I have never used it! My dad and I were too busy going in the woods with a Blazer, hauling a trailer and cutting firewood.
Big Bend has 32” tires.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For some reason I missed this photo until today. Wish we had a better one of this Bend.
Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread 2021 Ford Bronco Antimatter Blue Iconic Silver Cactus Gray 2-door Bronco
Sponsored