First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know this is beating a dead horse, but I thought this video might give some fresh insight into our complaints. It's interesting how they said colors tends to reflect the more technology-driven society. But I don't think most Bronco fans see the Bronco as a giant iPhone.

It was encouraging to hear about greens making a comeback in the SUV market. Are you listening, Ford?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco gets a quick mention in this CNBC video about car colors (@ 5:33). Would we agree that the Bronco gets colors that are "bold and unique"?

I don't find the Bronco color offerings to be bold an unique at all. Red, White, Black, Dark Blues, Grey/Silver, Burgundy. Pretty standard boring colors to me overall.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They build what sells for the average joe, not for the enthusiast. Exceptions are small produced cars like a Lambo where their owners beg for that kind of attention.

I think they should have a broader mix that aligns with the Traditionalist throwback owner, open air life style or rugged outdoor theme. I think they are missing some color options that speak to those groups.

Flat out miss not include a green or brown for the outdoor enthusiast in my opinion. I realize that green and brown Camry’s don’t sell well but this is a Bronco.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been painting/training techs/ dealing with paints my entire adult life.

Bold and unique in the sense that this Cyber Orange is a gutsy choice. Some of the others are more basic hues. Black, White, Race red. They invoke a deeper saturation of the color, making it look like a rich, thick coating with plenty of shine. Pretty consistent to highlight curves and flat panels.
A few again are basic with metallic influence: Antimatter Blue, Silver, Carbonized Grey, Rapid Red. These have that base rooted in a basic color with the metallic to give it sparkle and reflectivity that draws attention to curves more, gives the flat panels a brilliant effect. In these the metallic is complimentary to the base color and not something that changes as the light hits it. With the exception of Antimatter. More on that in a sec.

Then you have more basic, monochrome hues that invoke an illusion of color shift. Area 51, Cactus Grey. While not a deep, exceptional shift like a magenta to orange, purple, or green, it does shift from grey to green to a blue look. Both are similar in that they are essentially different shades of the same color base idea with changes that aren't like a "Flip Flop" effect seen before (Mystichrome).

Then you have the tri-stage Orange. It uses a bright, in your face base, a pearl midcoat to reflect, scatter, diffuse light to fool your eyes. You think it is a basic orange-yellow until the sun or streetlights hit it and BOOM! it looks completely different. More like a blend of shift and metallic.

Velocity Blue pretty much the same, leaning more towards having more in common with Grey than Orange effect-wise. IT's basically one color blue base with a alternate color blue micro flake/almost pearl. Beautiful color in the sun for sure.

Antimatter is similar, and has more in common effect-wise with orange than it does Carb. Grey.
It looks black/really dark navy. in the dark, in the shade, looking straight on with the sun not shining on the panel you are looking at. Put some light on it and the blue pearl/ super fine metallic pops out. I feel this one is going to be the trick paint of the whole array here. IT might look black on flat panels and shimmer bright blue on just the curves, the blue effect travelling as the lights travel across the surface.
I wouldn't be surprised if this one and orange are two completely different colors in streetlights vs. sunlight.

All this said, I'm really wanting to see the colors in person before I choose.
IF I got a 2 door it would be Race red or Cyber Orange.
4 door? Black, Carb Grey, or Antimatter.
The darker colors seem to compliment the length and style of the 4 doors better while the brighter colors help the 2 door.
All of this my opinion, by the way.
And yes, a big swing-and-a-miss not having some greens to choose from. That color on this style and purpose of vehicle should have been Ford's first choice.

OP
OP
RedRiverRev

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder why he didn't mention the success of FCA? Dodge owners don't seem to be too concerned with the resell of their purple and green Challenger/Charger.

OP
OP
RedRiverRev

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All of this my opinion, by the way.
And yes, a big swing-and-a-miss not having some greens to choose from. That color on this style and purpose of vehicle should have been Ford's first choice.
Thank you for your expert point of view! I agree, as the video said, the colors aren't as boring as it would seem because the shifting effect should be counted for something. It's nice have two different colors sometimes.

But that effect doesn't wow me as much because I want a consistent color all the time from any angle.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is beating a dead horse, but I thought this video might give some fresh insight into our complaints. It's interesting how they said colors tends to reflect the more technology-driven society. But I don't think most Bronco fans see the Bronco as a giant iPhone.

It was encouraging to hear about greens making a comeback in the SUV market. Are you listening, Ford?
It's strange that Ford isn't offering a green Bronco, given that the Bronco's signature colors appear to be nature inspired.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco gets a quick mention in this CNBC video about car colors (@ 5:33). Would we agree that the Bronco gets colors that are "bold and unique"?

Great Article. I have been all over the map with what color I would like to have and the video explained very well why I am having a hard time.

I have wanted cactus gray since the first time I saw it. But because I am tired of so many neutral color cars on the road I was looking at red or cyber orange. After watching this video I don't care. I've decided to pick the color that will bring me joy and put a smile on my face when I look at my Baby! Dude will be some Cactus Gray!

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's strange that Ford isn't offering a green Bronco, given that the Bronco's signature colors appear to be nature inspired.
Currently on the Area 51 train but even if they hint at a 2022/23 green Bronco, I will wait. Not many things I would spend $40-$50k on and not get the color I really want haha.

OP
OP
RedRiverRev

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Currently on the Area 51 train but even if they hint at a 2022/23 green Bronco, I will wait. Not many things I would spend $40-$50k on and not get the color I really want haha.
I feel like Green would have to be a tighter kept secret than the Warthog. :LOL:

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then you have the tri-stage Orange. It uses a bright, in your face base, a pearl midcoat to reflect, scatter, diffuse light to fool your eyes. You think it is a basic orange-yellow until the sun or streetlights hit it and BOOM! it looks completely different. More like a blend of shift and metallic.
This is a huge reason why I love the Inferno Orange on my Camaro. It's base hue is very close to the Hugger Orange from the 60's but it definitely has some pearl/metallic in the clear. In low light, it has been mistaken for red. In bright light, the gold in the clear really pops and shifts the color.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a huge reason why I love the Inferno Orange on my Camaro. It's base hue is very close to the Hugger Orange from the 60's but it definitely has some pearl/metallic in the clear. In low light, it has been mistaken for red. In bright light, the gold in the clear really pops and shifts the color.
That inferno Orange is an amazing color. I've painted it on a motorcycle before.
Sponsored