Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the 351 stroked to 427 na in one car love it to death ,but i think im taking the 2.3 and throwing enough stuff at it to be fun.
Windsor's sound really nice.... But if you had just stared with a FE (we aren't talking "first edition" here folks) then even a tiny little bore with tomato-soup cam would have you about there, and sounding downright MEAN!

Might just have to derail this thread with videos in a buddy's chop-top sled running a warmed up Windsor to compare against my mild FE build where the exhaust's lifestyle properly matches my own. Divorced.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First time here?
I kid I kid, I was a big advocate for the V8 until Ford engineers explained exactly why they didn't go with it which makes sense to me now.
There's a tuner company that's already hyping a V8 swap, and they've done one with the current raptor. Just be ready to sell a kidney!
It's going to take some finesse to squeeze a coyote in there. I read that even if you have the crate coyote 5.0 and the 10 speed auto with control packs, you still won't be able to plug and play for some reason.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Windsor's sound really nice.... But if you had just stared with a FE (we aren't talking "first edition" here folks) then even a tiny little bore with tomato-soup cam would have you about there, and sounding downright MEAN!

Might just have to derail this thread with videos in a buddy's chop-top sled running a warmed up Windsor to compare against my mild FE build where the exhaust's lifestyle properly matches my own. Divorced.
I just didnt want the weight of the fe and i love the high revs .At 1923 lbs this scoots real nice.

20200704_145643.jpg

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The longblock and drivetrain are what, 60% of the weight of the vehicle?

She's a beaut!
I wont kid anyone its a handful of wet cats short wheelbase tons of power ,i saw something on youtube its one of the most dangerous cars to drive lol but i love FANGS.
Ford Bronco 5.0L motor swap 20200704_144827

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LS is so mainstream. let's really hurt some feelings and put a viper engine in it.
E30 tune and you have nearly identical power figures of the original Viper with your 2.7L EcoBoost, so...

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no clue why everyone is attached to the 5.0 its a high reving sports car engine and if you have ever driven it in the F-150 you immediately realize it is the wrong engine for a truck.

the new 7.3 is physically smaller than the 5.o and is made for truck applications. It is the perfect fit...literally...for the new Bronco.

Now, just go buy the Ford Performance Crate engine and controller and it will bolt up to that 10 speed auto you bought from stock. Engine mounts not included.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no clue why everyone is attached to the 5.0 its a high reving sports car engine and if you have ever driven it in the F-150 you immediately realize it is the wrong engine for a truck.

the new 7.3 is physically smaller than the 5.o and is made for truck applications. It is the perfect fit...literally...for the new Bronco.

Now, just go buy the Ford Performance Crate engine and controller and it will bolt up to that 10 speed auto you bought from stock. Engine mounts not included.
The HD 7speed is mates to it aswell. Whats the point of a big motor if its automatic?

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I mean as long as people are talking about putting the super wide new 5.0 cammer in it why not(for the people spending 40,000 on a motor swap) buy a First Edition Bronco and put a 427 FE SOHC cammer in it. Shouldnt cost a whole lot more than $110,000 or so. Pocket change really :ROFLMAO:

jonkaaseboss429.jpg?zoom=1.jpg

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
nom nom nom