Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

BadKarma!

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Shelby GT350R, Chevy Tahoe PPV, 21' Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well done guys! I'm looking forward to seeing the "Rubicon" level trim package.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK.

Caveat to this rant. suspension types on a non-steer rear solid axle are relatively easy to change out. Going to a three link or 4-link is not all that difficult.

That rear suspension looks like some passenger car bullshit. PINS and not Heims? 2-link with a panhard is what it looks like. I cannot make out a 3rd link but it is likely there somewhere. Either way, with those pins I do not see this having any useable articulation between tires, and not an impressive amount of travel, certainly <12".

That lower arm mount on the frame? WTH are you thinking putting a mount there on an off road vehicle. That crap is going to be the first welds to break with how exposed that is. And or get you high centered on a rock. should've been inside the frame rails. You should have a smooth transition from frame to arms to the tires, plus that clearance that creates in front of the tires is very not good.

Then there is the shock mount location. You get a flat and you'll be sitting on that mount, not even the rim with how stupidly low it is.

Ford, WTF.

Sponsored

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That rear (swaybar or trackbar) is almost perfectly level with the axle. If that's the case this has plenty of roo to go higher before you start to see some of the rear end sway that Wranglers get. I think as a lower level trim (similar to wrangler sport) this has a lot going for it. Not sold on the shock mounts in rear yet, but that may not be final design. Otherwise, This still has a lot of hope. The cage shown looks awesome, but looks almost too aftermarket to be a production version.

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd prefer SFA though SFA/IFS isn't the highest of my preferences but man, if Ford offers the option, that would (probably) be unprecedented. IFS likely would sell more but I'd have to imagine the appreciation the off road or overlanding communities would give Ford for that option.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good! Finally some better pictures of whats going on!

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would assume.

But I mean...Jeep can't tow more than what 3k? 3.5k? And that's because of it's size/weight (Gladiator can tow quite a bit due to size/weight). This looks ballpark same size as a JLU.

It just looked small in the pics.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appears to be two different vehicles if you're talking about the spy shots from last week. They have different license plates and wheels (easily changed), and they also have different serial numbers. This one is G113008 and the last spy shots were G113007.
Sponsored