Why go 4-door unless you have to?

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, lots of talk here about pricing and options and all that stuff.

Fundamental question here - why go 4-door unless you have to? I’m a family man and we can have only one car because we live in a dense city, parking in a ramp where I’m entitled to only the spot that I own.

if I had no kids, if I could get my own toy instead of having to share with my wife, there’s no way I’d get a 4-door. I’d be 2-door, all the way. I just think it looks tons cooler, it’s apparently more nimble on the trail, and it just screams “this is my dude vehicle, with just enough room for a girl by my side and my dog in the back. Or maybe vice versa.”

Then I’d crank up some classic rock and tear ass out of there at 50 mph, with no doors, no roof and the envy of all who can see.
Sponsored

alexraw

Outer Banks
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

anyone with toddlers going with a 2 door? I have a 2 year old daughter but I love the look of the 2 door so much more. I may one day have another child so I am not sure if I should get the thought of the 2 door out of my head or not.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

anyone with toddlers going with a 2 door? I have a 2 year old daughter but I love the look of the 2 door so much more. I may one day have another child so I am not sure if I should get the thought of the 2 door out of my head or not.
I have a 4yo and a 2yo. Going with 4door.
If you still use a jogging stroller with the 2yo, doesn’t look like it will fit in the back of a 2 door.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
To each their own. I prefer the looks of a 2 door Bronco or a 2 door Wrangler but the 4 door Wranglers sell like mad around here. So Ford is making both and if it sells, great!

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 4yo and a 2yo. Going with 4door.
If you still use a jogging stroller with the 2yo, doesn’t look like it will fit in the back of a 2 door.
Yes, I have a Jogging Stoller as well, and lot of other stuff which I can't anywhere else but in the Trunk ?. Also with 4 Door I can keep the Top in the Trunk on Sunny Summer Days in New England.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I personally think think the 4 door looks better. The 2 door will be better in some off road situations, but I expect it to be much less stable on road, especially at higher highway speeds. The 4 door will be much better on road trips.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Why go 4-door unless you have to? 1600474853154

Ths is my kind of thread.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even when I have Kids, I'd get a 2dr.

Dad needs his car that the kids will kill each other over trying to Joyride it as Teens

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I give the my 5 year old a ride to school every morning in our Mustang. She is pretty lanky and gets in an out of the back just fine. Want to go 2 door because I am cheep, boss wants a 4 door and I may just go that way so we can road trip in the rig.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had a 4 year old and a 1 year old in my Isuzu. Having 2 doors was just fine. Once they can buckle and unbuckle themselves, it’s a breeze.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am, but mostly because our 2nd vehicle is the family hauler.

I don’t want to duplicate nor move car seats just so we can diversify our driving habits.

to cut down on mileage, we just “bench” a vehicle for a day, or switch to work
Sponsored