stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford fully expected people to flock to the sport model. The full bronco was intended to be no more than a niche market concept vehicle at time of release. Now they're scrambling to figure out how to build it.
I think the full bronco was planned from day one to do one thing and one thing only-take the wrangler head on and knock it down from its current preeminence, not to be a niche on the margins.They may be trying to do do some last minute stuff, but the basic architecture is not only solid, but the best factory-equipped four wheeler produced in America so far. If the bronco delivers in the mud, rocks, trails and yes, for some folks, mall parking lots, it will achieve ford's goal. We shall see...
Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been thinking about Ford's marketing efforts. In my opinion they've been abysmal. I've been trying to decide whether they're incompetent or just mistaken in their efforts. I mean, the Bronco has been absent for over 20 years. I guess I can understand that Ford underestimated the demand (although I really think that's incompetence in itself). So they reveal the Bronco to great fanfare. Then...nothing. All we get from an information standpoint is Mike Levine's vague tweets. I'll keep my opinion on that guy's performance to myself. But if you're Ford, you clearly have a huge population of people clamoring for the Bronco. They want details. They want specifics. They want prices. You continue to miss self-imposed deadlines (spare me with the "by September" includes September BS). The question is whether Ford is stringing people along because they believe it keeps us interested or they are just incompetent. I think that once you realize there is a demand for your product that far exceeds your expectations a strategy of stringing people along to keep them interested is unlikely. Thus, I think Ford's marketing efforts and the lack of information is a result is sheer incompetence. Maybe they need a few more "rock stars" running the show. The new design of the Bronco is spot on. However, Ford's execution of the product launch is abysmal. Just my opinion. Some people will say roll with the punches. Enjoy the ride. I get that. But when I look at it from a business perspective, Ford gets a failing grade. People say Ford really needs this launch to go well and maybe it will from a sales standpoint. But in my opinion, Mike Levine and his "rock star" marketing team is detrimental the Ford's launch efforts.
I think the biggest problem and some times other manufacturers fall into, their marketing isn't on the same pace of their engineer teams and/or the factories capabilities. Ford has been struggling during the last few launches, whether it was the new Explorer, Escape, or Edge. The problem with the Ranger was it was a re-worker current Ranger sold else where. And with the Explorer from what I understand was from the factories not getting the Explorers on time. We shall see if there's any problem with the next gen F150 launch which is around the corner.

As far as the Bronco goes, they have time to figure out what has to be done to get orders made and make sure the marketing team isn't on a faster pace than what they con delivery, as far as their statements go. There's no doubt that Ford should of gave us more information by now, but since it's a brand new vehicle I'm willing to cut them some slack. They just need to work more in sync and they could make this launch go smooth unlike the past few.

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am confident it’s all a carefully designed marketing plan that was modified due to the COVID pandemic. I think the most likely reason for the lack of information is that they are listening to the customer and making adjustments to make sure it’s the Bronco the customer wants. My evidence for this is the press release about testing the manual gearbox with the Sasquatch package and the high flying images of the possible raptor/ warthog Bronco. Both items were big topics of discussion when it was first released. I suspect the performance Bronco will be a 22 or 23 model year but I could see them keep hinting at it for another year before it is official as for the manual Sasquatch I suspect it will be available to order in December.
I can’t wait to see if I’m right!

OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, have you seen their stock price? Not sure I agree with you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am confident it’s all a carefully designed marketing plan that was modified due to the COVID pandemic. I think the most likely reason for the lack of information is that they are listening to the customer and making adjustments to make sure it’s the Bronco the customer wants. My evidence for this is the press release about testing the manual gearbox with the Sasquatch package and the high flying images of the possible raptor/ warthog Bronco. Both items were big topics of discussion when it was first released. I suspect the performance Bronco will be a 22 or 23 model year but I could see them keep hinting at it for another year before it is official as for the manual Sasquatch I suspect it will be available to order in December.
I can’t wait to see if I’m right!
Not sure what the Warthog launch in a year or two has to do with the marketing efforts for the current model launch. But ok. Plus, they could give us some Information by now instead of just vague promises even if they are still working out the details.

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what the Warthog launch in a year or two has to do with the marketing efforts for the current model launch. But ok.
I am just saying it’s all part of the “plan” and it’s another bread crum to keep us interested.

OP
OP
jbf19

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am just saying it’s all part of the “plan” and it’s another bread crum to keep us interested.
Maybe so. But In my opinion that's one awful plan.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the biggest problem and some times other manufacturers fall into, their marketing isn't on the same pace of their engineer teams and/or the factories capabilities. Ford has been struggling during the last few launches, whether it was the new Explorer, Escape, or Edge. The problem with the Ranger was it was a re-worker current Ranger sold else where. And with the Explorer from what I understand was from the factories not getting the Explorers on time. We shall see if there's any problem with the next gen F150 launch which is around the corner.

As far as the Bronco goes, they have time to figure out what has to be done to get orders made and make sure the marketing team isn't on a faster pace than what they con delivery, as far as their statements go. There's no doubt that Ford should of gave us more information by now, but since it's a brand new vehicle I'm willing to cut them some slack. They just need to work more in sync and they could make this launch go smooth unlike the past few.
They will not let the next F-150 launch fail like the Explorer. The Explorer launch was doomed from the start because of The Chicago plant.

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're probably right. But do you think the vacuum of information is moving the needle with with average person who is interested in the Bronco? Me thinks not.
In my opinion Ford is not focusing on the average buyer if they were all we would have is the bronco sport and or a rebranded Everest. They are trying to develop a culture and community of die hard bronco fans. They are marketing the lifestyle not an SUV. If they can win the hearts of the off-road enthusiast it will generate sales for years to come.

we can debate all day about how well it’s working and if the average person will still be interested when it comes time to order.

Sponsored

Washbjj88

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe so. But In my opinion that's one awful plan.
I won’t judge the “plan“ until 3-5 years from now. By then we should know if the Bronco is here to stay and how well it’s selling.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We all need to chill and order in some pineapple pizza... just saying :D

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is the big beef that we don't have every little bit of information? Think of the alternative. They could have waited to unveil several months later. We would still be waiting to see what the Bronco looked like and what is it capable of.
Would that have made you happier?

Admit it or not, it's nearly impossible to keep a buzz going for almost a year. We aren't ordering till December and we aren't getting them till next summer so why is everyone so dang impatient? I believe the tough part will be after we order and have to wait 6 months before they start being delivered. Won't be much going on then. Although I'm sure all the armchair marketing managers will have plenty to talk about. :LOL:
Sponsored