Sponsored

Likely no pricing until late October and a good portion of the dealerships aren't apparent Granger Ford quality....Just a Hunch...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah - Ford is going to be in a tug of war here. Remember the dealers want you to walk away from your reservation. That gives them one more hot item to sell to somebody else with a markup.

Would not be surprised at shenanigans leading up to the switch dealer date.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd be curious about your perspective. Seems to me Ford has really kicked their large dealers to the curb.

In the old dealer model, bigger = better....larger allocation on hot units...more financial incentives.

Now, the power is really with the people. WE have the allocation (reservation), not the dealer. So now, some dealer in the middle of a cornfield 3 states away can use price strategy & volume to out-bank the big guys.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then research your dealers. Look them up, see what customers are actually saying about them. If your reservation is at a crappy dealer then find one that at least has a good reputation the second time around. If you can't then your screwed either way even if you do a new reservation. Before I did my reservation I looked at the reputation of dealers around me. Could I still get screwed? Sure, but I didn't just let Ford pick a dealer for me cause it was close
Youre entirely missing my point but okay.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all know most dealers suck but there are good ones out there and ways to combat the bad ones. Place a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) reservation at a competing dealership or with the closest group buy. If you don't like what either of them are offering come B&P, or the road trip factor is to much, you can still talk to other dealerships and make a new reservation. Yes, your Bronco will be delayed by about 6months but that is a financial decision. A lot of us are in the positions we are in because we are thrifty and understand the value in delayed gratification.

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am going to guess that Ford isn't going to release a Build and Price tool until after the October Bronco Super Celebration East event.

There has been a fair amount of people chatting about and trying to get dealerships competitive against each other and it seems many are upset. They aren't happy about smart buyers and our ability to communicate. I am assuming a benefit that big wigs at dealerships may or may not be pushing for is to hold out on a Build and Price tool until after or Just before the deadline of when we can change dealerships so we are stuck with the higher prices many want to push.

I have been banned from a local dealerships Private face book group, Larry H Miller Ford Draper in Utah. This occurred after I was trying to encourage a more competitive market and speaking to other group members on how to do that. Some of which was with sharing posts from Granger Ford from this forum, or exploring options about neighbor states that have generally lower prices only hours away. Needless to say the money leeches didn't appreciate that and have sent me packing from their group.

After reading many forums and threads on here, I believe there is a good amount of people that seem not strapped for cash and don't have a need to be thrifty with their money and could care less about this issue. If that's you just move on from commenting about how we poor folk just need to suck it up. For those of us that aren't as well established in that regard we need to be looking out best we can.

Thoughts?
OP, 3 pages will take me a few minutes to get thru, so maybe it's already been said. But here's my suggestion.

Get eligible for x-plan if you aren't already. Confirm that your dealer will accept x-plan (assuming Ford makes Bronco eligible). Now you are covered for the most part, you'll get a price slightly over invoice. Then either look for a buying group out your way, or do some legwork yourself looking at nearby dealers (couple hour drive).

I do take a similar stance though as in I'd like to see B&P sooner rather than later so I can decide what I'm getting based on price. My possible builds are all within $5k of each other (if I had to guess).

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When is the last day we can switch? We have good info here on the forums about which dealers are honoring Xplan and are some what informed to really informed. To me the problem is I’m on the hype train and want a bronco already! Maybe ford released all these teasers a little too early. But it gives others time to save?
I believe 31 October

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am going to guess that Ford isn't going to release a Build and Price tool until after the October Bronco Super Celebration East event.

There has been a fair amount of people chatting about and trying to get dealerships competitive against each other and it seems many are upset. They aren't happy about smart buyers and our ability to communicate. I am assuming a benefit that big wigs at dealerships may or may not be pushing for is to hold out on a Build and Price tool until after or Just before the deadline of when we can change dealerships so we are stuck with the higher prices many want to push.

I have been banned from a local dealerships Private face book group, Larry H Miller Ford Draper in Utah. This occurred after I was trying to encourage a more competitive market and speaking to other group members on how to do that. Some of which was with sharing posts from Granger Ford from this forum, or exploring options about neighbor states that have generally lower prices only hours away. Needless to say the money leeches didn't appreciate that and have sent me packing from their group.

After reading many forums and threads on here, I believe there is a good amount of people that seem not strapped for cash and don't have a need to be thrifty with their money and could care less about this issue. If that's you just move on from commenting about how we poor folk just need to suck it up. For those of us that aren't as well established in that regard we need to be looking out best we can.

Thoughts?

Look, no amount of reasoning and logic is going to change the way a dealership conducts business unless they see the folly of their ways.

It is only after they see the sales figures of dealerships like Granger and a few others in a year or two that they may consider making changes.

Most dealerships are used to doing business a certain way and they cannot change unless and until they see a $ impact to their bottomline.

So, vote with your money and make the little effort to go out of state to dealerships that treat you with respect. That is the most effective way to teach a lesson to those that don't.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah - Ford is going to be in a tug of war here. Remember the dealers want you to walk away from your reservation. That gives them one more hot item to sell to somebody else with a markup.

Would not be surprised at shenanigans leading up to the switch dealer date.
Pretty sure its been stated that a reservation is not a dealer allocation. If you don't place the order, then its a lost sale for the dealer.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pretty sure its been stated that a reservation is not a dealer allocation. If you don't place the order, then its a lost sale for the dealer.
Interesting - I had read the opposite. Good to know.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When is the last day we can switch? We have good info here on the forums about which dealers are honoring Xplan and are some what informed to really informed. To me the problem is I’m on the hype train and want a bronco already! Maybe ford released all these teasers a little too early. But it gives others time to save?
October 31st

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does getting said Bronco from Midwest to Florida not chew into the savings?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thoughts?
I don't see the release of B&P being anywhere near that late. It would just be bad PR for Ford to do so with the 10/31 dealer change restriction. I'm definitely not someone you could describe as a "glass half full" kind of guy but I feel confident that B&P will drop "soon"®.
Sponsored