North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Some here may disagree but there is no shortage of evidence that the crawl gear and anything 4:10 or above would not have any problem with 35's. It wouldn't stop me that's for sure. Higher ratios are nice for a slower crawl ratio sure but so long as you are talking about the same axle housing there can actually be strength issues for the pinion with excessively tall gearing.
@TeocaliMG, thank you, I should have been more clear, for those of us getting the automatic transmission, the same question applies, how to you see that please?
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TeocaliMG, thank you, for my needs I should have been more clear, same question for the automatic transmission please?
Again, I really don't think you would have any issue but I guess it would also depend on how hard you want to wheel and what type you are doing. If you think the 35's are more important than the SBD then maybe just get the squatch. If you are ok with some rubbing then maybe you could swap out BL shocks or something aftermarket too. Or maybe slightly narrower 35's would be fine? You'd probably be well served by either option. I haven't officially decided anything yet either. Waiting for that dang Build and Price!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Living in Missouri, I know all about hard-packed icy roads. We get more sleet, freezing rain, and ice, than we do snow. The snow we do get is usually very wet and packs into ice after the first few vehicles drive over it. With that being said, a few people have already given some great tire recommendations, some of which I have already used. The BFG T/A K02 is the "Old Faithful" tire for many people and they are an absolutely wonderful three-peak rated tire. The one I use most often here in Missouri is the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W which is also three-peak rated. I use them all year, but they truly shine when the roads get icy. I love them. The tread does seem to wear down faster during the warmer months though due to the softer material they are made of to accommodate for winter driving. Either of those two tires I believe will make you happy on the ice.
Like I said. Different conditions matter. My current truck has three peak rated tires on all summer. I still put dedicated winter tires on. Ice that's formed on the roads after freezing rain is much different than what I deal with. You're likely getting freezing rain and ice somewhere near freezing. I spend many months well below 0F. This is where the winter tires perform much better than three peak tires.

Horses for courses

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Again, I really don't think you would have any issue but I guess it would also depend on how hard you want to wheel and what type you are doing. If you think the 35's are more important than the SBD then maybe just get the squatch. If you are ok with some rubbing then maybe you could swap out BL shocks or something aftermarket too. Or maybe slightly narrower 35's would be fine? You'd probably be well served by either option. I haven't officially decided anything yet either. Waiting for that dang Build and Price!
@TeocaliMG, would you be concerned staying with the Non-Squatch Badlands / Auto Trans, with the 4.46:1 gear ratio and moving up to 34" or 35" tires?

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disagree, Ford put most of it's customers in-between trims knowing most will go one up and pay for more than what they want vs. going one down and getting less than what they want.

The 12' inch screen requiring the high package for example. There are a large number of customers who will jump to the high package just for that and Ford knows it.

Personally, I'm between spending 33k for slightly less than I want and 45k for slightly more than I want. Someone else pointed it out, but ford is basically charging 8k for the disco - which is something that I find 100 percent useless. Otherwise I love the BL trim.

If Ford actually does pair the Sasquatch with the MT, that will negatively effect the BL orders more than any other trim. Base/MT/Sasquatch will be about 33k vs. BL at 43k. 10k for a disco and smaller tires? ouch.
For this reason alone, I would speculate that Ford will only offer the MT Sasquatch on the BL trim level. They can say that it's a minor upgrade for them, since the BL MT non-sas was already a viable option. This keeps in line with the "Ford put most of it's customers in-between trims knowing most will go one up and pay for more" As a BD reserver, I would love the ManSquatch option, but I'm not holding my breath to see if it will happen. It's easier for Ford to offer ManSquatch on the BL and tell us "We Are Listening" with minimal out-of-pocket cost for them.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep coming back to this thread and I just want to say this is friggin cool! I am glad they are reversing course and making this happen. I was just talking with a buddy last night who drives a 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. I was telling him that I reserved a Bronco and we needed to get together for some off road adventures. When I told him about the Sasquatch package he couldn't believe that Ford was offering 35's and a lift out of the factory. He thought it was the greatest thing ever. Now you can get it with a manual transmission! (if that is what you want).

Just cool all around

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone concerned about gear ratios, I have 33” tires on my 2010 JK. Now, keep in mind, this is the 3.8 liter JK with 202 horsepower and like 240 torque. It’s a 6 speed manual, with the stock 3.21 axle gear ratios. Is it slow? Absolutely. But it’s my daily driver and I have zero problems with it being slow. Sure it would be nice to have more power but it’s perfectly liveable.

Even the stock bronco with the 3.73 or whatever it is will be 100% fine with 35’s. With 4.46’s or 4.7’s it will be geared perfectly. Manual or auto.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford should still come out with a solid axle for a special edition. Call it the Bronco Big Rock edition or some catchy name..
Or just give it to the badlands trim only as a standard option since it it the most off road capable trim

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone concerned about gear ratios, I have 33” tires on my 2010 JK. Now, keep in mind, this is the 3.8 liter JK with 202 horsepower and like 240 torque. It’s a 6 speed manual, with the stock 3.21 axle gear ratios. Is it slow? Absolutely. But it’s my daily driver and I have zero problems with it being slow. Sure it would be nice to have more power but it’s perfectly liveable.

Even the stock bronco with the 3.73 or whatever it is will be 100% fine with 35’s. With 4.46’s or 4.7’s it will be geared perfectly. Manual or auto.

All depends on what you're willing to put up with. Some people don't mind slow and sluggish starts. I guess if you spend most of your time near top end it doesn't matter. It's also less of an issue with an auto because you just mash the pedal and get there eventually. I spend most of my time on the low end and just don't tolerate poor gearing. There is no way I would tolerate the poor performance of the 3.73s with 35s in a manual. I hate having to down shift on every slight incline and needing to use 4lo when I shouldn't have to. For most though, yeah, probably doesn't matter as people just accept it as is.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All depends on what you're willing to put up with. Some people don't mind slow and sluggish starts. I guess if you spend most of your time near top end it doesn't matter. It's also less of an issue with an auto because you just mash the pedal and get there eventually. I spend most of my time on the low end and just don't tolerate poor gearing. There is no way I would tolerate the poor performance of the 3.73s with 35s in a manual. I hate having to down shift on every slight incline and needing to use 4lo when I shouldn't have to. For most though, yeah, probably doesn't matter as people just accept it as is.
It’s been a long time since I’ve owned it but my old truck seemed to need downshifting on inclines with factory tires just as much as when I upped to 35” tires running 3.73. This was with the old dodge 5.2 with 5 speed.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s been a long time since I’ve owned it but my old truck seemed to need downshifting on inclines with factory tires just as much as when I upped to 35” tires running 3.73. This was with the old dodge 5.2 with 5 speed.
Not surprised. Most vehicles come from the factory with as high a gears as they can for better highway gas mileage. I know my Tacoma sucked on factory tires and sucked even more going up a couple of inches. Regearing gave me better performance than factory though. I don't care about mileage. Too often we accept poor performance as a weak motor when usually more appropriate gears would improve everything. At least this manual has the crawl gear so much of that can be overcome.

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think I will have any willpower left to not buy one if this is real. Maybe that is why B&P is being delayed is they are working out how to incorporate and price this in there. Pretty obvious (in my 'business' thinking) that they know a 2dr Base with Squatch (2BASEMANSQUATCH if we are all doing that now) is "too good" of a deal so now need to run some analysis on what trims/number of doors this can go with to still get as much $$$ as possible.
It will be hard to say no to a Two-door Base Manual with Sasquatch. Very hard. A two-door Wrangler Rubicon Manual is about 42k. If they price the Manual Sasquatch Package reasonably... very cool. I keep thinking this would affect the Badlands Trim, but BL would still very well be their real "Off-Road" model with the disconnect, creature comforts, and "Advanced 4x4" with all that computer controlled voodoo. I've found that's how many truck trim levels are - some hardware available in a base trim with the optional "off-road" package, but having that "next level" of fancy equipment only available on the upper level model.

It could be they are more concerned with the volume of manufacturing runs to make the BaseManSquatch. As awesome as it is, it's really not what the common person walking in to buy a Bronco is going to be looking for. Many if not most are going to be after the cool gizmos and the badge, or at least an automatic. Like I mentioned before, a manual Rubicon can be built for 42k, but good luck finding one. Those ordered that way were must have been by the minimalists who knew exactly what they wanted and they seem to hang on to them forever. 50k-60k Rubicons are far, far more common in my searches - new & used.

Been leaning towards finding a low-milage JK Wrangler (not crazy about the JLs) but a 2BaseManSquatch might be worth waiting for.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this happens, I will pay the $5K to get this on the Big Bend I reserved. I am happy that Ford did listen and realize that those of us that want to 'row the gears' need Squatch.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
7 spd with Squatch could be the holdup on build and price.
If Ford is testing MT Squatch now they may hold build and price up for a week till they know if it will work.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4 door Base Mansquatch with mic top switch pack, tail gate and door bags.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.