Sponsored

Would you drop your order if a December(2022) model had better colors?

Would you drop your order if a December(2022) model had better colors?

• Total voters

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cyber orange is cool is just not for me.Really CO is the only exciting color which is a shame

One gray color is fine,not 3-4.
Ya colors are definitely in the eye of the beholder. Could Ford offer more colors sure but I think people will always clamor for something that wasn’t offered. I do think Ford should have done a few more retro color combos...

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By August.
So here is my way of thinking.

Lets say August 2021 new colors are released for the upcoming 2022 models

My reservation probably wont come in until around that point.Go ahead and order in December and see if the 2022 color/options come out before my delivery date. If there is no major interest in what 2022 has to offer me,take delivery of my 2021.

If the 2022 is what i want color/option wise pass on my delivery and grab a 2022.Might be a good backup plan for those with higher reservation numbers to wait and see

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would definitely wait if I knew for sure there would be better colors. 2021 colors suck. Especially the FE. Right now I'm torn on getting an FE in a color I don't really like and a Badlands in carbonized gray which I can live with. Either way my 2021 Bronco will be temporary until a better color comes out. I'm still hoping they come out with better options for 2021. I would be happy with that mystery medium blue shown in the drone footage of the painted bodies.

Also IMO, since they are making them so late in the year I think they should skip the 2021 model year designation and call the first ones 2022's.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So here is my way of thinking.

Lets say August 2021 new colors are released for the upcoming 2022 models

My reservation probably wont come in until around that point.Go ahead and order in December and see if the 2022 color/options come out before my delivery date. If there is no major interest in what 2022 has to offer me,take delivery of my 2021.

If the 2022 is what i want color/option wise pass on my delivery and grab a 2022.Might be a good backup plan for those with higher reservation numbers to wait and see
Buuuut I suspect that whatever pricing solution you have now would not carry-over to your 2022 reservation.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rapid red is really my only option that i like on the 2021's
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I’d be lying to myself if I said I wanted any other color

Anonymitch

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tundra TRD, 1971 Honda N600
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unlikely that I'll wait, simply because I'm way too excited to get my hands on one. I am really disappointed with the colors though. Multiple shades of grey, blue, and red, but no green or tan is frustrating. Its kinda hard to say though since each picture we see seems to present the colors differently.

I actually really like the cyber orange, but I'm just not sure I want something that flashy as my daily.

I was kinda leaning toward area 51 but I don't like what I've been seeing in recent pictures.

At this point I feel like I'm not going to be certain until I actually see the colors on the truck in person. Who knows if that will happen before december though.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If I've already placed my order and I'm that close to delivery probably not. For now I'm sticking with white, silver, AMB or VB depending on white top availability.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Buuuut I suspect that whatever pricing solution you have now would not carry-over to your 2022 reservation.
True and i agree.

Its a gamble for sure. At that point i would probably just wait for them to be on the dealers lots or reorder a 2022 to my liking while saving even more money at the same time

Just a thought

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya colors are definitely in the eye of the beholder. Could Ford offer more colors sure but I think people will always clamor for something that wasn’t offered. I do think Ford should have done a few more retro color combos...
The problem is that; Black, White, Silver and Pewter Gray are always the top sellers . And therefore always available from every maker.
Red and Blue are more variable. But both are popular this decade.
So that's 6 out of 11 slots filled.

What dreary dope at Ford approved the idea of filling the last 4 out of 5 slots with variations on the first 6 colors ???
:rolleyes::cautious::mad:

MrNickNifty

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would definitely wait if I knew for sure there would be better colors. 2021 colors suck. Especially the FE. Right now I'm torn on getting an FE in a color I don't really like and a Badlands in carbonized gray which I can live with. Either way my 2021 Bronco will be temporary until a better color comes out. I'm still hoping they come out with better options for 2021. I would be happy with that mystery medium blue shown in the drone footage of the painted bodies.

Also IMO, since they are making them so late in the year I think they should skip the 2021 model year designation and call the first ones 2022's.
First Editions should be 2021 all others should be 2022. They already ruined part of the exclusivity of them by doubling the number.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem is that; Black, White, Silver and Pewter Gray are always the top sellers . And therefore always available from every maker.
Red and Blue are more variable. But both are popular this decade.
So that's 6 out of 11 slots filled.

What dreary dope at Ford approved the idea of filling the last 4 out of 5 slots with variations on the first 6 colors ???
:rolleyes::cautious::mad:
Someone in a cubicle i expect

Now your avatar picture green is catchy and i like something like that.

I think that is why we see so many posts on what do these colors look like in shade,sun,this angle,that angle. No one really is excited about 90% of the colors.

2-3 of them are great,the rest meh

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First Editions should be 2021 all others should be 2022. They already ruined part of the exclusivity of them by doubling the number.
That's a better alternative, but I doubt they would do it. The more limited the production run of 2021's the better. Or a half year designation like the '63 1/2 Galaxie 500 but that differentiated it from a '63 half way through a MY. More likely I see it following the Mustang where they were all called '65's even though the first ones were built in the late '64 MY.

Last edited:

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, if pretty much all the 2021s are customer orders my 21Base 4dr in ironic rental silver will be a rare duck.
Sponsored