First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The skinny part of Black Bear is one way. We did have to pass some quads on a scary part of another trail though. I was wishing for a trail cam again since we were on the outside!

To our surprise we had to back up to let a box truck through that had somehow made it a good ways up Imogene and had to turn around and come down!

45A47A5B-4938-4CD6-A326-D1C2D2C0FC3B.png
Now that's some serious delivery service lol

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Many thanks for the great video!,nobody knows everything about wheeling its ojt everytime,never the same twice thats why it so fun and challenging.
Gf took a class at a off road park and i thought i could ride along in back seat nope only those in the class when we saw her again she said the leader of the class got out of his yota and didnt put brake on and truck went thru group and into deep gully. When i asked her if she learned anything she said put brake on before getting out?you never stop learning.

CJSky

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like an awesome adventure and thanks for the post for all of us novice off-roaders. My current plan is to get a 2.7 Non-Sas Badlands. Would I be able to get through these trails on the BL 33’s?

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like an awesome adventure and thanks for the post for all of us novice off-roaders. My current plan is to get a 2.7 Non-Sas Badlands. Would I be able to get through these trails on the BL 33’s?
In my opinion absolutely.

If you ever run into an obstacle you don't want to try there is often a bypass. We could have done Poughkeepsie and bypassed the wall.

Just do a little research on the trail before you go. There is a lot of great info you can use on the web.

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazing, awesome footage. Looks incredible!

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I should point out that I am by no means an expert off-roader. Off-roading just takes a bit of common sense and thought before tackling an obstacle. And watching what the experienced drivers do.

Last edited:

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black bear pads scares the $&;/ out of me. Views are amazing but idk if I’d ever do it. Probably not. One wrong move and splat!
Just think how it would be if the weather turned bad!

This is an offroading favorite of mine

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just think how it would be if the weather turned bad!

This is an offroading favorite of mine
I watched that one just before we left for Colorado. Then there was an early snow! I have to admit it had me a bit worried!

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched that one just before we left for Colorado. Then there was an early snow! I have to admit it had me a bit worried!
I'm always going think about how changing weather can effect a trail because of that video. Especially in high altitude places like CO.

Thanks for going through with it and posting your experience!

Sponsored

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice write up and vids.
One of the reasons for a Bronco is I need a smaller 4 wheeler than my current setup..
And it's a shiny new toy :D

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

FYI... I added an aftermarket manual sway bar disconnect to my Jeep Sahara for cheap ( < $50). I read that the improvement in traction on uneven ground was substantial. A couple of snap pins and the disconnect is done! I would expect that you will be able get something similar for the Bronco. As often as I would use it, I wouldn't want to pay for an automatic one.
I've thought the same thing....surely someone will make these, even if they aren't able to be done from the cab. I'm thinking the auto system could be a nightmare down the road too....Like Lincolns and Land Rovers with the air suspensions that are now dragging A$$.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI... I added an aftermarket manual sway bar disconnect to my Jeep Sahara for cheap ( < $50). I read that the improvement in traction on uneven ground was substantial. A couple of snap pins and the disconnect is done! I would expect that you will be able get something similar for the Bronco. As often as I would use it, I wouldn't want to pay for an automatic one.
That's exactly what I was wondering. It seems like once I deck out my Badlands I've exceeded the price of the Wildtrak. Wildtrak has everything I'd want except the sway bar disconnect. I plan on becoming a "wheeler" but I doubt I'll every be going to Moab or the Rubicon. So for the few times I'd ever use the sway bar disconnect, i'm not sure it makes sure to deck out a badlands for 4-6k more than a Wildtrak.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What an awesome trip, thanks for sharing! I'm so jealous.

Last edited:

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Double awesome videos. Thanks for sharing! We have a 4 dr OBX on our registration. Do wish we could get 33's without going aftermarket so may be the Sasquatch package.
Was headed to Lake City, CO with our motorhome and Jeep Rubicon now we are stranded in Raton, NM with a broke motorhome so maybe year.
Sponsored