Sponsored

Just some Old Man Ranting from 25 year old, enjoy!

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So there is only one "guy"???
Help me understand what that "guy" is??
It's a guy who asks the question I am currently responding to.
And just like the Highlander there can only be one.
Sponsored

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah that sounds like a V6
11:15 for the time stamp of where all the sound clips are at. Yes they sound like V6's but they at least sound better than the 90% of the Dyson Vacuum Cleaner's that are out there. Of the 2.7 I would rate that somewhere above the Dyson V6's of the world. But not close to the engines in those clips.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a guy who asks the question I am currently responding to.
And just like the Highlander there can only be one.
lol so you can't elaborate?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think that more or less covers most of my repeated annoyances. Regards and have some fun (It's the internet after all)!
Don't forget that you have to remove the drivers side front wheel to change the oil on a 2.3 equipped Ranger....

That one got old the moment some d-bag journalist mis-understood the procedure and decided to make posts about it. Forced to be redacted within 24 hours when proven outright false.

Yet here we are, some 2 years later and somehow all the super-smart internet whizz-kids regurgitate this incorrect information as if they walk on beer.

You also don't want to do any math related to torque at the wheels in crawler 1st gear vs. 1st gear in the automatic. Because maximum HP is all you need to determine the 2.3 won't cut it offroad! Apparently max-RPM foot mashing is how it's done, and now I know because of the posts on here!

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't forget that you have to remove the drivers side front wheel to change the oil on a 2.3 equipped Ranger....

That one got old the moment some d-bag journalist mis-understood the procedure and decided to make posts about it. Forced to be redacted within 24 hours when proven outright false.

Yet here we are, some 2 years later and somehow all the super-smart internet whizz-kids regurgitate this incorrect information as if they walk on beer.

You also don't want to do any math related to torque at the wheels in crawler 1st gear vs. 1st gear in the automatic. Because maximum HP is all you need to determine the 2.3 won't cut it offroad! Apparently max-RPM foot mashing is how it's done, and now I know because of the posts on here!
Lol, I didn't touch the transmission crap show since I myself am still learning about offroading and can't speak to the veterans on that aside from the fact that I know that the Math related to the torque multiplication for the transmission is far more important to offroad rock crawling. Thank you Engineering Explained :LOL: I both hate and love our current car comparison analytics because we can end up with stuff like the Shelby GT500, but we also get very numbed out vehicles or we forget how we can have just as much fun with low HP vehicles (Miata is always a good answer)

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty much the only major unknown's left are final pricing on the packages (we have estimated costs in another thread already), accessory pricing, and what accessories Ford is offering. If are seriously interested you would do the research, all you have to do is find it. Google and the Bronco 6G forum literally do all the hard work of running the search for you. A new car is considered an Investment and as with any large investment you should be doing your research beforehand. Don't expect to be given everything out right. There are also plenty of videos out to of people show casing both the interior's and exterior's of the cars as well. Given the large amount of resources before you, stop complaining about a B&P tool not being available ........
You're mad that people want to know the actual price of the thing they're buying? Mmk.

I also urge you to keep in mind that the current 2.3 easily makes more power than Ford's old V8 from the original Bronco. ........
Yes the latest version is more powerful than the first one from half a century ago.

Next up to the people who I occasionally see ranting no V8, don't buy one or swap it if you want it that badly. Ford has literally come out and said that the V8 doesn't fit on the T6 platform. Do your research and go test drive the available engines (they are literally in other vehicles ford sells currently). I bet a good majority of you will be plenty satisfied with the V6. Keep in mind that like the Mustang, the Bronco also used an I6 as one of its engines when it first arrived on the scene. There's more to life than V8's.
Just spend a ton of money swapping in a v8 is your solution? Mmk.

Ford Bronco Just some Old Man Ranting from 25 year old, enjoy! 1600734418835

Also old man rant does sound better than whiny 25 yo rant. ? All in good fun, those Jimnys look like a blast.

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're mad that people want to know the actual price of the thing they're buying? Mmk.

Yes the latest version is more powerful than the first one from half a century ago.

Just spend a ton of money swapping in a v8 is your solution? Mmk.

Ford Bronco Just some Old Man Ranting from 25 year old, enjoy! 1600734418835

Also old man rant does sound better than whiny 25 yo rant. ? All in good fun, those Jimnys look like a blast.
The build & price might be on me since I still go into those Threads full well knowing people are routinely complaining about Ford not having the B&P out yet even though orders don't go out in December. I'm just saying that the community has compiled plenty of information in regards to the pricing to give everyone a good idea of what to expect. Outside of small options and accessories there is enough info to get you 85% of the way there for an estimated MSRP.

I figured the Old man rant would do better than the whiny 25 yo rant since most of this post is again me not even being serious about my rant.
And I wish I would've known about how much fun off-roading in Japan was when I studied abroad there, 10/10 would of tried to ride along, even if it involved rolling over :LOL:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
11:15 for the time stamp of where all the sound clips are at. Yes they sound like V6's but they at least sound better than the 90% of the Dyson Vacuum Cleaner's that are out there. Of the 2.7 I would rate that somewhere above the Dyson V6's of the world. But not close to the engines in those clips.
Lol yeah they sound pretty good.

Methman

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I said investment, I was not talking a literal "investment" in the finance sense but in the GDP sense. Sorry Econ major, any large purchase (whether be home or vehicle is considered investment in the GDP arguement unless this has changed).
?
Actually I got my degree in Political Science, but the use of that term is actually just common sense.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So your "rant" aka complaining is about other people ranting.

.......... ;)
Glad Im in my mid 30s and didnt end up like all them. With each passing decade America is becoming more and more the softest country in the world.
....... eh screw it lets go bowling man.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually I got my degree in Political Science, but the use of that term is actually just common sense.
Trust me I know, Econ does a lot of things backwards and sometimes I literally just forget that the norm's I studied and had ingrained in me are literally wrong or the opposite of how other people think or view things when talking about the subject (accounting is another one).

OP
OP

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alexa, play Angry Young Man by Billy Joel
I'm honestly disappointed no one made this comment sooner... I was waiting for this one.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Aint considered an investment if you dont ever sell it. Then its considered fun! Sorry no college and never sold anything for half what I paid. I live my life one coconut chop at a time!