Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the important question is 'which trims/features go into production Dec 2020?' After that, the sky's the limit, based on initial reception.

Just guessing...but since Ford is an active reader on this forum...and since they well know how important SFA is to some folks, there's little logic behind masking that avail if in fact they are going to produce it. Next round of disclosures might be a tip-off...they're due to flash the 2-door next.
I don't think they are masking anything. SFA seems so unlikely; they only have it on their heavy duty trucks now and even the last bronco from the 90s didn't have it. some sort of raptor long travel suspension seems much more likely than anything else. even air suspension is unlikely because i dont think they have it on anything else
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think they are masking anything. SFA seems so unlikely; they only have it on their heavy duty trucks now and even the last bronco from the 90s didn't have it. some sort of raptor long travel suspension seems much more likely than anything else. even air suspension is unlikely because i dont think they have it on anything else
Except that Ford currently makes a SFA SUV on this platform. And sells 10s of thousands a year or some such.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the important question is 'which trims/features go into production Dec 2020?' After that, the sky's the limit, based on initial reception.

Just guessing...but since Ford is an active reader on this forum...and since they well know how important SFA is to some folks, there's little logic behind masking that avail if in fact they are going to produce it. Next round of disclosures might be a tip-off...they're due to flash the 2-door next.
The internet will explode (and some folks here will need to change their shorts) if/when they reveal an SFA version.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except that Ford currently makes a SFA SUV on this platform. And sells 10s of thousands a year or some such.
according to the carmaker thread (as well as other places), the bronco and the next generation ranger will share a chassis

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which is why I am perfectly fine knowing I am 2-3 years out from buying right now. I can give it time for the uber models to come out, and for the bugs/kinks to be resolved.
I need to learn this level of patience.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, the T4, which is not this 'exact' frame, but the current, and will be migrating over to this frame in a year or two once global production of the frame begins.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
according to the carmaker thread (as well as other places), the bronco and the next generation ranger will share a chassis
A few vehicles will share this chassis, including the T4 which is on the current global ranger frame, and will be getting migrated over to this frame within a year or two, and there has been no indication that it will lose the currently offered SFA, which means that this frame is designed with the intent to handle an SFA ergo....swaps will be possible, and possibly with off the shelf Ford/Troller T4 parts.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few vehicles will share this chassis, including the T4 which is on the current global ranger frame, and will be getting migrated over to this frame within a year or two, and there has been no indication that it will lose the currently offered SFA, which means that this frame is designed with the intent to handle an SFA ergo....swaps will be possible, and possibly with off the shelf Ford/Troller T4 parts.
Thinking about this again, maybe Ford needs to offer both the Everest and Bronco in the same markets.

Everest certainly isn't what I want, but it would seem to fit a niche people want filled. Perhaps the next one will share some less sleek car like features with the next Ranger.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which is why I am perfectly fine knowing I am 2-3 years out from buying right now. I can give it time for the uber models to come out, and for the bugs/kinks to be resolved.
You're insane! I'll deal with the Kinks and bugs if it means I get my toy

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Amen Brother...put my name on that list. I understand all the fun top-down promises, but once I get out back in the forest I get all the fresh air I can handle. Many geographies don't have the AZ/CA climate to move 'topless' to the top of the list

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're insane! I'll deal with the Kinks and bugs if it means I get my toy
Ill have a new toy, plan to order a new Mustang, either PP2 or Mach 1 end of the year.
Sponsored