Sponsored

Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top)

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not know if anyone else thinks that $1,900 is a lot of money for changing out one hard roof for another. In addition, I learned that the Black Modular Roof back window does not come off like the 4-door roof. I do like the black look over gray, but is that worth the money?

In addition, if you are planning on staying with the gray, what color looks best with it? I say Cyber Orange..

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going that route because I prefer the smooth look of a painted top (hopefully body color but will take black). It's my understanding it's also made thru a different method of forming that makes it a bit heavier. Hopefully that helps with insulation and noise reduction a bit. If they'd made it in a black rather than the gray they chose it would be a harder decision for me tho.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

not to me

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The real question is:
Is it worth it to you?

That will be the only answer that matters.?

Sponsored

tx96

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the first place I've seen a price for the black painted roof, where did you find this out?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want the black painted top. If it's insanely expensive, something else will need to be a bargain. If I have to make too many compromises, I'm buying something else. They've starting to show the new F-150 Platinum live and that looks mighty nice for not too much more in price than my Bronco build will likely be.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think Ford needs to show off the Grey - if they think it's the cat's meow. TN show Oct 7....Ford should bring a handful

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not know if anyone else thinks that $1,900 is a lot of money for changing out one hard roof for another. In addition, I learned that the Black Modular Roof back window does not come off like the 4-door roof. I do like the black look over gray, but is that worth the money?

In addition, if you are planning on staying with the gray, what color looks best with it? I say Cyber Orange..

What do you guys think?
I debate this all the time. I plan on getting the squatch BD 2 door in cyber orange. I really don’t care for the grey HT but I would need to jump up to the BL to get the painted black HT. I’m not sure I want to do this but man I like the looks of the cyber orange with the black top

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the white top is eventually offered as a painted modular top, does anyone know if it is painted on metal or if it will be a different type surface? My concern is if a white top is offered but is on a non metal surface it might fade or yellow over time. thoughts?

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the first place I've seen a price for the black painted roof, where did you find this out?
It
I debate this all the time. I plan on getting the squatch BD 2 door in cyber orange. I really don’t care for the grey HT but I would need to jump up to the BL to get the painted black HT. I’m not sure I want to do this but man I like the looks of the cyber orange with the black top
You still might be able to get black Modular roof even with BD. I noticed that on the survey and it is listed as a want for many people even though on the website it is not listed as an option. Stay posted.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It

You still might be able to get black Modular roof even with BD. I noticed that on the survey and it is listed as a want for many people even though on the website it is not listed as an option. Stay posted.
That would be exciting news for me!
Sponsored