Sponsored

Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the white top is eventually offered as a painted modular top, does anyone know if it is painted on metal or if it will be a different type surface? My concern is if a white top is offered but is on a non metal surface it might fade or yellow over time. thoughts?
It's not metal. The construction was described somewhere around here by a guy who works for the top manufacturer.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not worth it for me. I'd rather spend the extra money for the modual on a extra package. Plus I'd rather have the one piece. Less prone to leaks and wind noise

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the first place I've seen a price for the black painted roof, where did you find this out?
Why, that is in the B&P that went live at noon today!????

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'll spring for the black painted top. I think it includes the grille and side mirrors too. I think.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Painted tops require a separate (costly) paint line/process imho. unless these tops can survive a trip through a 400 degree paint oven.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As of now ... subject to B&P! ... I'm going to stick with the standard 2-door hard top.

My thought is this: the aftermarket is going to go wild for Bronco accessories, and there will "soon" be tons of options that are better/cheaper than the one offered by Ford.

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not know if anyone else thinks that $1,900 is a lot of money for changing out one hard roof for another. In addition, I learned that the Black Modular Roof back window does not come off like the 4-door roof. I do like the black look over gray, but is that worth the money?

In addition, if you are planning on staying with the gray, what color looks best with it? I say Cyber Orange..

What do you guys think?

Is the propesed $1900 for the painted black hardtop or the MIC black hardtop?

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do not know if anyone else thinks that $1,900 is a lot of money for changing out one hard roof for another. In addition, I learned that the Black Modular Roof back window does not come off like the 4-door roof. I do like the black look over gray, but is that worth the money?

In addition, if you are planning on staying with the gray, what color looks best with it? I say Cyber Orange..

What do you guys think?
The Black Modular top comes with the Wildtrak. That's what helped me to make my decision.

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If the white top is eventually offered as a painted modular top, does anyone know if it is painted on metal or if it will be a different type surface? My concern is if a white top is offered but is on a non metal surface it might fade or yellow over time. thoughts?
When I sold my K5 Jimmy it was 18 years old and the white top was as white as snow. I'm not sure of the material (maybe a really thick fiberglass) but it was definitely not metal and the white still looked great.

I don't understand why Ford chose a gray MIC top rather than white. I think the gray top is pretty ugly and clashes with some colors. It may be why there are no brown or green Broncos offered this year.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What do you guys think?
I plan on otpioning my two door with a white or silver/gray color, if we have a choice from the other body colors for the top. If it turns out to be around $1,900 I don't think it's that bad.

But what I do think is ridiculous is the back window not being able to pop out at all. They could of made it work with like a tool or something if safety was a concern. To me if feels lazy to me that they didn't do any work around. I doubt they'll change that for production.

But I noticed in this video it seems we can remove a part of the of the back section of the top of the back seats which is kind of cool. But still feeling like the two door is getting not as much features in top function compared to the four door.
Ford Bronco Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top) Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 10.21.41 PM

Video:

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Modular shadow black top still comes standard on the 2 and 4 door Wildtrak’s right?

Last edited:

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going to stick with the standard top and hoping it will take a wrap. Then I can pick black, white, body color, who knows.
Sponsored