Sponsored

Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This ^. What's the point of using the word "Cactus" in the name of the color if there is not even a hint of green and it's really just cement gray?
It's a cactus..... encased in concrete?

Ooooooooo, how creatively beautiful would that be? Everything is art, assuming the viewer is tripping hard enough.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2021 Bronco paint codes
Rick...I assume reading across horizontally (Ditzler, Dupont, etc.) those are the various suppliers Ford can access to supply the identical finished product? So....moving off cactus grey a second, I see Antimatter Blue has a Ford code assigned - but no supplier codes. So where's the paint coming from on the widely imaged pre-pro units?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I hadn't seen this post yet. I'm glad that Carbonized looks as dark as it does here. I'm hoping for more a charcoal than a dark silver.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick...I assume reading across horizontally (Ditzler, Dupont, etc.) those are the various suppliers Ford can access to supply the identical finished product? So....moving off cactus grey a second, I see Antimatter Blue has a Ford code assigned - but no supplier codes. So where's the paint coming from on the widely imaged pre-pro units?
Carry-over colors are already in the programs around the country/world with the paint code. Look at the 2020 colors and you'll find all those codes (2020 colors)

For brand new colors I guess we just wait until the paint supplier establishes the formula and distributes the codes out to all the software. Then we'll see it pop up for use. If it hasn't had a final code assigned then my assumption is that it isn't in production yet.

I'm not in the automotive industry, so I don't know all the specific ins/outs beyond the code being required for body shops to make or obtain the color to paint.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm a tiny bit optimistic that the glaring difference between what we've seen of Cactus Gray / Jet Fighter Gray in the Bronco and Mustang images and the CG Bronco Sport has to do with non-production spec paint differences at MAP vs. Hermosillo.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This ^. What's the point of using the word "Cactus" in the name of the color if there is not even a hint of green and it's really just cement gray?
Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. 1600828086992
Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. 1600827773269
Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. 1600827901251
Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. 1600827935733

Cactuses are not always green. They can be gray. Just like roses aren’t always red.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How similar is the CO compared to the mustang orange? Are they different or just renamed?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How similar is the CO compared to the mustang orange? Are they different or just renamed?
Not even close. The Mustang designers apparently know the difference between orange and yellow.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stopped by my local Ford dealership and took some photos of some Rangers and F-150s in colors that will be offered on the Bronco. I also took a picture of Lightning Blue (Ranger) vs Velocity Blue (F-150). Velocity Blue seems to be brighter and more eye-catching than Lightning Blue. Colors found were: Velocity Blue, Lightning Blue, Race Red, Rapid Red, Oxford White, and Iconic Silver. I also got a pic of a Mustang in Fury Orange in case anybody has any idea how close that will be to Cyber Orange. Pics taken in full, bright, daylight. Enjoy.

Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. FJ3

Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. FJ3

That VB looks sooo good ??

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Top row left to right: Oxford White (YZ), Area 51 (KU), Carbonized Grey Metallic (M7), Velocity Blue Tri-coat (E7)
Second row: Cyber Orange (SB), Race Red (PQ), Iconic Silver Metallic (JS), Shadow Black/Absolute Black (G1)
Third Row: Rapid Red/Lucid Red Tri-coat (D4), Kodiak Brown (J1), Anitmatter Blue Metallic (HX)

Missing Cactus Grey. Axalta still doesn't have mix formula. All spray outs were on 6000 series aluminum with normal prime, seal, color, clear procedures. Materials were all Spies Hecker. We had a local sign guy make some bronco vinyl decals which we used a contrast color under the top.

ETA: Saw a couple threads talking about Antimatter Blue and tried to get a couple different shots. It's a real bitch to get it to "change colors" . The first pic is against a grey wall held almost flat, looks black, eh? Second is it at an angle with office "daylight" led overhead to show it really is a deep navy/blue. We don't have any good sun today but the angle you are looking from makes a big difference in what color you think it is.

And where can I get these at for myself? Those would look great framed all next to one another!

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see your cacti, and raise you fighter jets that are off gray...
I'll see your off-color Fighter jets ( which are bad to the bone ) and raise you Area 51 UFOs!

download (13).jpg

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Top row left to right: Oxford White (YZ), Area 51 (KU), Carbonized Grey Metallic (M7), Velocity Blue Tri-coat (E7)
Second row: Cyber Orange (SB), Race Red (PQ), Iconic Silver Metallic (JS), Shadow Black/Absolute Black (G1)
Third Row: Rapid Red/Lucid Red Tri-coat (D4), Kodiak Brown (J1), Anitmatter Blue Metallic (HX)

Missing Cactus Grey. Axalta still doesn't have mix formula. All spray outs were on 6000 series aluminum with normal prime, seal, color, clear procedures. Materials were all Spies Hecker. We had a local sign guy make some bronco vinyl decals which we used a contrast color under the top.

ETA: Saw a couple threads talking about Antimatter Blue and tried to get a couple different shots. It's a real bitch to get it to "change colors" . The first pic is against a grey wall held almost flat, looks black, eh? Second is it at an angle with office "daylight" led overhead to show it really is a deep navy/blue. We don't have any good sun today but the angle you are looking from makes a big difference in what color you think it is.

Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. download (13)

Ford Bronco Photos of current production colors that will be offered on Bronco. download (13)

Thanks! This is really helpful.
Sponsored