Sponsored

Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not worth it for me. I'd rather spend the extra money for the modual on a extra package. Plus I'd rather have the one piece. Less prone to leaks and wind noise
The MIC (non-modular) top is 3-piece on the 2-door and 4-piece on the 4-door.

Is the propesed $1900 for the painted black hardtop or the MIC black hardtop?
There is no MIC black hardtop, but the pricing survey had the gray MIC top at $700.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One thing I think they should do is give credit for the top that comes with in my case Outer Banks and charge a lower price for the painted top. After all, you're paying for one top already. You shouldn't need to pay for two to get what you really want.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clearly you're not a minigun guy....

Ford Bronco Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top) fab6ei6ffzaf2mozqub5

No, but I have my time in the 'box with a couple others. Besides, until they let me mount one legally I don't want the automatic leak generator.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I think they should do is give credit for the top that comes with in my case Outer Banks and charge a lower price for the painted top. After all, you're paying for one top already. You shouldn't need to pay for two to get what you really want.
It's probably already factored into the price for the HT

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do not know if anyone else thinks that $1,900 is a lot of money for changing out one hard roof for another. In addition, I learned that the Black Modular Roof back window does not come off like the 4-door roof. I do like the black look over gray, but is that worth the money?

In addition, if you are planning on staying with the gray, what color looks best with it? I say Cyber Orange..

What do you guys think?
I'd rather use that money for the high/lux package. Obviously the black looks better. They want to squeeze more money out of us. In their meeting about this I picture one of the higher ups telling Mike Levine..

tenor.gif

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You still might be able to get black Modular roof even with BD. I noticed that on the survey and it is listed as a want for many people even though on the website it is not listed as an option. Stay posted.
When the Bronco launched the "painted body color hard top" was an option on all models. They removed it. However it is still listed on the Canadian website.

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
When the Bronco launched the "painted body color hard top" was an option on all models. They removed it. However it is still listed on the Canadian website.
I would have been pleasantly surprised if Ford could offer 4 top options, out if the starting gate.
Parts complexity for a first year model was probably getting out of control.

The Canuck's website is the bottom priority. ( sorry America's attic )

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the 2-Door can’t store the doors, does anyone know if that’s the same w/the modular top?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've seen it mentioned the back window is not removable on the 2-door. Is this standard, or top-dependant??

I'm less concerned about colors, and more about functionality. I want to get the complete open air experience: no top, no doors, no windows. Is that possible on the 2 door and what top will allow that?

And will I be able to add sound-deadening to that top? Basically, will I be able to have a removable back window and sound-deadened top?

Thanks, Jared

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands