Sponsored

Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top)

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen it mentioned the back window is not removable on the 2-door. Is this standard, or top-dependant??

I'm less concerned about colors, and more about functionality. I want to get the complete open air experience: no top, no doors, no windows. Is that possible on the 2 door and what top will allow that?

And will I be able to add sound-deadening to that top? Basically, will I be able to have a removable back window and sound-deadened top?

Thanks, Jared
Whatever Hard Top you get (MIC or Modular) you will be able to remove all of it, and the doors for the full on open air experience.

I think there is some confusion with the rear window(s). With the info currently available, no back (over the tailgate window) is designed to be removed.
On the 4 door Modular roof the two rear (side glass of rear clamshell) windows are removable.
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With a $1900 upcharge, I'm thinking the Black painted top might come with a Hardtop Headliner like the Wrangler. I have it on my Rubicon and it definitely helps on reducing road noise.
iris.jpeg

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford will get more money from me if the 2 door modular top has removable side windows. I am on the fence between Badlands or Black Diamond ManSquatch. From the beginning I was leaning toward Badlands but it seems that the more we learn, I move more toward the lower model. Only with B&P will I ever know the answer to this question.

MIG1963

Badlands
First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That makes it the world's most expensive roof panel (Doughnut Hole)

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whatever Hard Top you get (MIC or Modular) you will be able to remove all of it, and the doors for the full on open air experience.

I think there is some confusion with the rear window(s). With the info currently available, no back (over the tailgate window) is designed to be removed.
On the 4 door Modular roof the two rear (side glass of rear clamshell) windows are removable.
I'm really slow sometimes, bear with me ? so just to clarify:

The window I'm asking about, the one on the rear swing/tail gate door, it's not removable on any configuration of the 2 door?

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Painted tops require a separate (costly) paint line/process imho. unless these tops can survive a trip through a 400 degree paint oven.
Not at all.
The only thing that HAS to be ran through an oven is powder coat.
I've painted at least a dozen Jeep tops with a urethane 2-part Hot Rod Black matte.
I've Raptor lined probably a dozen more.
Both Urethane based, and they make Epoxy paints (no benefit on a non-metal surface though). Both use a catalyst/hardner/activator to dry/achieve the chemical properties intended.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

The window I'm asking about, the one on the rear swing/tail gate door, it's not removable on any configuration of the 2 door?
That is correct, based on the info currently available.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$1,900 for the two door hardtop is a bit much in my opinion. If this is confirmed to come with black painted grille and mirrors I will be on the fence, but because the rear quarter windows are said to not be removable on the two door, I am much less interested.

On a separate note, does anyone think that the Badlands models will have too much color going on from the factory?
You get matte black flares, gray grille and hardtop, and then an orange trim badge on top of whatever paint color you choose. If the final price is $1,900, they should at least black out the grille to match.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

well........ it is "bolted on"..... so...... if someone wants to remove it, it can be removed, but it will require tools.

Deleted member 3063

Not at all.
The only thing that HAS to be ran through an oven is powder coat.
I've painted at least a dozen Jeep tops with a urethane 2-part Hot Rod Black matte.
I've Raptor lined probably a dozen more.
Both Urethane based, and they make Epoxy paints (no benefit on a non-metal surface though). Both use a catalyst/hardner/activator to dry/achieve the chemical properties intended.
Smitty's body shop yes. Automotive paint shops all use drying ovens, usually 3 times.

https://cabinaslagos.com/analyzing-the-automotive-painting-process-in-the-factory/

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That window is not separately removable on any hard top in any configuration.

But all tops come completely off.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

well........ it is "bolted on"..... so...... if someone wants to remove it, it can be removed, but it will require tools.
That window is not separately removable on any hard top in any configuration.

But all tops come completely off.
...That's disappointing. Is that true for all 4 door configurations? I take it these pre-production models have once again gotten my hopes up for nothing?
Ford Bronco Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top) C4EC5705-FAC8-4ED5-9A6A-32C33DE2FD05
Ford Bronco Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top) 1F760EAE-5AD4-49AC-8468-52F3F5CE8E9F

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...That's disappointing. Is that true for all 4 door configurations? I take it these pre-production models have once again gotten my hopes up for nothing?
Ford Bronco Is the Black Modular Roof worth it on a 2-door? $1,900?? (Already has hard top) 1F760EAE-5AD4-49AC-8468-52F3F5CE8E9F
If you take the entire top off, the back window comes off with the top, leaving just the roll cage like these photos.

You cannot leave the top on and remove the back glass.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2 pics that you show of the pre-production Broncos will be possible with any roof (MIC or Modular). That is how they will look when the entire roof comes off.
The rear glass above the swing gate is attached at the top to the roof. That is not “modular” and can only be removed with tools and not a normal design element.
Sponsored